PDA

View Full Version : emergency treatment while on a visit away from place of posting

jeev3210
25-10-2010, 11:54 AM
My wife was on a visit to her home town when she had to be admitted to a private hospital on emergency I am a CGHS beneficiary at Mumbai Can I prefer a claim for her treatment Can she under go treatment at pvt hospital on emergency basis

RKPATHAK
25-10-2010, 12:39 PM
It is expected from a Govt employee to consult the Govt Hospital as and when he fell ill. You may prefer a claim detailing the facts and circumstances to the Competent Authority and it is at his discretion to accept the claim

prasannakumar
25-10-2010, 01:11 PM
My wife was on a visit to her home town when she had to be admitted to a private hospital on emergency I am a CGHS beneficiary at Mumbai Can I prefer a claim for her treatment Can she under go treatment at pvt hospital on emergency basis

Emergency treatments at private hospitals is admissible when there are no govt hospitals available nearby. However, the authorities concerned have the descretion of accepting/rejecting the claim.

Prasanna Kumar

kolwadkar
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
yes you should claim for the same. in emergency you can go to pvt hospitals. there are plenty of suprement court ruling on the subject.