PDA

View Full Version : Pensioners be ware

vvenkateswarrao
19-10-2010, 10:45 AM
After IVCPC, Government has created two classes of pensioners viz pre VICPC and post VICPC. Earlier, the pensioners’ pension is fixed based on the minimum of the corresponding/equivalent pay scale. Thus while the serving Government employees got slightly higher pension based on the pay at the time of their retirement, the retired Government employees got half of the minimum of the equivalent pay scale. Thus the difference in the pension of serving and retired employees at the time of implementation of pay commission recommendations were more or less getting same amount of pension. The VICPC has merged many pay scales and started pay band system. With this, all Group C scales are merged as payband1, Group B a pay band2, Group A as paybands3 and 4. Though, earlier also when pay scales were merged by pay commissions, the starting of the revised pay scale is always equivalent or higher to the fixation arrived to the minimum of the prerevised scale. But, with the creation of paybands, this principle is ignored. Now such principle is applied only with reference to the prerevised lowest scale of the corresponding payband and not to the other higher scales in the new paybands. Some of the examples in each pay band are:
In pay band 1, the minimum pay to be fixed for the pre revised scale of Rs.4500-7000/- as per the equivalent fixation table of the VI CPC is Rs.8370/- (plus grade pay of Rs.2800/-) in pay band Rs.5200-20200/-.. This is applied to the serving employees. Thus, if the serving employee retires at the minimum of the prerevised scale immediately after getting into VICPC scale, he gets a pension of Rs.4185/- (plus half of grade pay i.e. Rs1400/-). The total minimum pension thus works out to be Rs.5585/- for the employee who was in this scale but retired after VICPC. Now coming to the employee who was in this scale, but retired before VICPC, he gets a pension of Rs.2600/- (plus half grade pay i.e.1400/-) The total pension thus works out to be Rs.4000/- The difference thus works out to be RS.1585/- i.e. almost 40%.

In pay band 2, the minimum pay to be fixed for the pre revised scale of Rs.8000-13500/- as per the equivalent fixation table of the VI CPC is Rs.14880/- (plus grade pay of Rs.5400/-) in pay band Rs.9300-34800/-.. This is applied to the serving employees. Thus, if the serving employee retires at the minimum of the prerevised scale immediately after VICPC scale he gets a pension of Rs.7440/- (plus half of grade pay i.e.Rs2700/-). The total minimum pension thus works out to be Rs.10140/- for the employee who was in this scale but retired after VICPC. Now coming to the employee who was in this scale, but retired before VICPC, gets a pension of Rs.4650/- (plus half grade pay i.e.2700/-) The total pension thus works out to be Rs.7350/- The difference thus works out to be RS.2790/-.

In pay band 3, the minimum pay to be fixed for the pre revised scale of Rs.12000-18000/- as per the equivalent fixation table of the VI CPC is Rs.22320/- (plus grade pay of Rs.7600/-) in payband Rs.15600-39100/-. This is applied to the serving employees. Thus, if the serving employee retires at the minimum of the prerevised scale immediately after VICPC scale he gets a pension of Rs.11160/- (plus half of grade pay i.e.Rs3800/-). The total minimum pension thus works out to be Rs.14160/- for the employee who was in this scale but retired after VICPC. Now coming to the employee who was in this scale, but retired before VICPC, gets a pension of Rs.7800/- (plus half grade pay i.e.3800/-) The total pension thus works out to be Rs.10,600/- The difference thus works out to be RS.3560/-.

In pay band 4, the minimum pay to be fixed for the pre revised scale of Rs.18400-22400/- as per the equivalent fixation table of the VI CPC is Rs.44700/- (plus grade pay of Rs.10000/-) in payband Rs.37400-67000/-. This is applied to the serving employees. Thus, if the serving employee retires at the minimum of the prerevised scale immediately after VICPC scale he gets a pension of Rs.22350/- (plus half of grade pay i.e.Rs5000/-). The total minimum pension thus works out to be Rs.27350/- for the employee who was in this scale but retired after VICPC. Now coming to the employee who was in this scale, but retired before VICPC, gets a pension of Rs.18700/- (plus half grade pay i.e.5000/-) The total pension thus works out to be Rs.23,700/- The difference thus works out to be RS.4450/-.
These anomalies are to be addressed and necessary remedial measures taken by fixing the pension always with reference to the V Pay Commission Scales.
If we do not wake up now, The IAS babus may combine all paybands gradually and beat us with lowest pension.
SERVING EMPLOYEES OF ALL PAY BANDS BE WARE. WHAT HAPPENED TO PRE 2006 PENSIONERS MAY HAPPEN TO YOU TOMORROW.

sundarar
19-10-2010, 07:11 PM
After IVCPC, Government has created two classes of pensioners viz pre VICPC and post VICPC. Earlier, the pensioners’ pension is fixed based on the minimum of the corresponding/equivalent pay scale. Thus while the serving Government employees got slightly higher pension based on the pay at the time of their retirement, the retired Government employees got half of the minimum of the equivalent pay scale. Thus the difference in the pension of serving and retired employees at the time of implementation of pay commission recommendations were more or less getting same amount of pension. The VICPC has merged many pay scales and started pay band system. With this, all Group C scales are merged as payband1, Group B a pay band2, Group A as paybands3 and 4. Though, earlier also when pay scales were merged by pay commissions, the starting of the revised pay scale is always equivalent or higher to the fixation arrived to the minimum of the prerevised scale. But, with the creation of paybands, this principle is ignored. Now such principle is applied only with reference to the prerevised lowest scale of the corresponding payband and not to the other higher scales in the new paybands. Some of the examples in each pay band are:
In pay band 1, the minimum pay to be fixed for the pre revised scale of Rs.4500-7000/- as per the equivalent fixation table of the VI CPC is Rs.8370/- (plus grade pay of Rs.2800/-) in pay band Rs.5200-20200/-.. This is applied to the serving employees. Thus, if the serving employee retires at the minimum of the prerevised scale immediately after getting into VICPC scale, he gets a pension of Rs.4185/- (plus half of grade pay i.e. Rs1400/-). The total minimum pension thus works out to be Rs.5585/- for the employee who was in this scale but retired after VICPC. Now coming to the employee who was in this scale, but retired before VICPC, he gets a pension of Rs.2600/- (plus half grade pay i.e.1400/-) The total pension thus works out to be Rs.4000/- The difference thus works out to be RS.1585/- i.e. almost 40%.

In pay band 2, the minimum pay to be fixed for the pre revised scale of Rs.8000-13500/- as per the equivalent fixation table of the VI CPC is Rs.14880/- (plus grade pay of Rs.5400/-) in pay band Rs.9300-34800/-.. This is applied to the serving employees. Thus, if the serving employee retires at the minimum of the prerevised scale immediately after VICPC scale he gets a pension of Rs.7440/- (plus half of grade pay i.e.Rs2700/-). The total minimum pension thus works out to be Rs.10140/- for the employee who was in this scale but retired after VICPC. Now coming to the employee who was in this scale, but retired before VICPC, gets a pension of Rs.4650/- (plus half grade pay i.e.2700/-) The total pension thus works out to be Rs.7350/- The difference thus works out to be RS.2790/-.

In pay band 3, the minimum pay to be fixed for the pre revised scale of Rs.12000-18000/- as per the equivalent fixation table of the VI CPC is Rs.22320/- (plus grade pay of Rs.7600/-) in payband Rs.15600-39100/-. This is applied to the serving employees. Thus, if the serving employee retires at the minimum of the prerevised scale immediately after VICPC scale he gets a pension of Rs.11160/- (plus half of grade pay i.e.Rs3800/-). The total minimum pension thus works out to be Rs.14160/- for the employee who was in this scale but retired after VICPC. Now coming to the employee who was in this scale, but retired before VICPC, gets a pension of Rs.7800/- (plus half grade pay i.e.3800/-) The total pension thus works out to be Rs.10,600/- The difference thus works out to be RS.3560/-.

In pay band 4, the minimum pay to be fixed for the pre revised scale of Rs.18400-22400/- as per the equivalent fixation table of the VI CPC is Rs.44700/- (plus grade pay of Rs.10000/-) in payband Rs.37400-67000/-. This is applied to the serving employees. Thus, if the serving employee retires at the minimum of the prerevised scale immediately after VICPC scale he gets a pension of Rs.22350/- (plus half of grade pay i.e.Rs5000/-). The total minimum pension thus works out to be Rs.27350/- for the employee who was in this scale but retired after VICPC. Now coming to the employee who was in this scale, but retired before VICPC, gets a pension of Rs.18700/- (plus half grade pay i.e.5000/-) The total pension thus works out to be Rs.23,700/- The difference thus works out to be RS.4450/-.
These anomalies are to be addressed and necessary remedial measures taken by fixing the pension always with reference to the V Pay Commission Scales.
If we do not wake up now, The IAS babus may combine all paybands gradually and beat us with lowest pension.
SERVING EMPLOYEES OF ALL PAY BANDS BE WARE. WHAT HAPPENED TO PRE 2006 PENSIONERS MAY HAPPEN TO YOU TOMORROW.

Dear Sir,

The pension amounts calculated in r/o pre-2006 pensioners and post-2006 pensioners at minimum level in the above post are very correct. At the same time, the significant point to be noted is for getting the aforesaid pension in the revised structure as per para 4.2 of OM dated 1.9.2008 modified vide OM dt.3.10.2008, a pre-2006 pensioner should have served a qualifying service of 33 years. Otherwise, he will get proportionate pension based on the actual service rendered <33 years.

On the contrary, the post-2006 pensioners for getting the revised pension as stated in the above post, a minimum qualifying service of 20 years is sufficient to draw the full pension applicable to his last pay drawn.

Whether both pre-2006 and post-2006 pensioners do not form a single homogenous class? If so, what is the significance of 1.1.2006 except for the purpose of payment of pension as per revised structure.

This also exists as a second anomaly after the modified version oriented reduced (revised) pension from 1.1.2006 for a pre-2006 pensioner with <33 years service.

It is left to the entire pensioners community to first aware what is happening around them after implementation of 6th CPC recommendations. Better late than never please.

As rightly pointed out in the above post, today's serving employees may become pensioners of pre-2016, pre-2026 etc.

sundarar
20-10-2010, 06:09 AM
The OM dated 13.9.2008 of the Dept. of Expenditure (Implementation Cell) reg. clarifications on CCS(Revised Pay) Rules 2008 prescribes the following under a Note:
"CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 define the term "Basic Pay" in the Revised Pay structure as the pay drawn in the prescribed pay band plus the applicable grade pay........ In respect of HAG+ and above, basic pay means the pay in the prescribed scale.

When a clear cut definition is existing that a Basic Pay means Pay drawn in the prescribed pay band plus the applicable grade pay for serving employees under the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 and based on such a CCS(RP)Rules, 2008 only the table at annexure to DOP&PW OM dated 14.10.2008 has been devised, why there is a midway modification
for deriving 50% of the pay in the pay band alias pay band irrespective of pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired and 50% of grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired as minimum revised assured guaranteed pension.

STRAIGHTAWAY, 50% OF BASIC PAY IN THE REVISED STRUCTURE CORRESPONDING TO MINIMUM OF THE PRE-REVISED SCALE HELD AT THE TIME OF RETIREMENT COULD BE
DETERMINED AS MINIMUM REVISED PENSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INITIAL OM DT.1.9.2008 PARA 4.2.

PAY IN THE PAY BAND MEANS - PAY DRAWN IN THE PRESCRIBED PAY BAND, BUT NOT
THE MINIMUM OF THE PAY BAND - THIS IS WHAT CLARIFIED WITHOUT ANY AMBIGUITY
IN THE ABOVE OM DATED 13.9.2008. THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY DIFFICULTY IN
DERIVING THE MINIMUM REVISED PENSION IN LINE WITH THE CLARIFICATION OF
DOE OM DATED 13.9.2008 FOR PRE-2006 PENSIONERS.