PDA

View Full Version : Air Journey by AIR INDIA on LTC and Taxi journey

ramesh keshari
12-10-2010, 11:57 PM
I am a Central Govt. group B gazetted officer working in Dehradun. I have to visit GANGTOK, NER region.

(1) Is LTC-80 air fare by AIR INDIA from Dehradun to Delhi and Delhi to Bagdogra (nearest airport of Gangtok) reimbursible? As there is no direct flight from Dehradun to Bagdogra.

(2) Is Taxi or other vehicles run from Gangtok to Bagdogra by Tourism Development Corporation in its own vehicle?

RKPATHAK
13-10-2010, 05:59 AM
As per LTC Rules Journey should be performed by shortest route only. In yorur case you are plannng a longer route, i.e., from Dehradun to Delhi and then to Bagdogra. I doubt it is admissible. Better consult your DDO, who is the right person to guide you since he is the sanctioning authority and deciding the shortest route.
So far as taxi is concerned at Bagdogra Airport itself there is WBTDC Counter from where you can take taxi and ask them to put a stamp "LTC Approved" on the slip so that you may claim taxi fare

Victor
13-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I am a Central Govt. group B gazetted officer working in Dehradun. I have to visit GANGTOK, NER region.

(1) Is LTC-80 air fare by AIR INDIA from Dehradun to Delhi and Delhi to Bagdogra (nearest airport of Gangtok) reimbursible? As there is no direct flight from Dehradun to Bagdogra.

(2) Is Taxi or other vehicles run from Gangtok to Bagdogra by Tourism Development Corporation in its own vehicle?

LTC-80 air fare by AIR INDIA from Dehradun to Delhi and Delhi to Bagdogra will be admissible in this case if it is the shortest practicable route. Alternatively, kindly check if you can go from Dehradun-Lucknow-Bagdogra and see which is the cheaper route.

Refer Rule 4(f) of LTC Rules, 1988 and SR 30.

Victor

ramesh keshari
15-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Sir,
Kindly guide me:-
(1) Is economy class fare by Air India other than LTC-80 reimbursible. If yes, then upto what extent?
(2) On Delhi-Bagdogra sector, LTC-80 fare is not applicable, but LTC-Q fare is applicable. How will this fare be regularised?

RKPATHAK
15-10-2010, 10:52 AM
For sector Delhi-Bagdogra-Delhi XEIP fare is considered equal to LTC 80

ramesh keshari
16-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Sir, How can you say that for sector Delhi-Bagdogra-Delhi, XEIP fare is considered equal to LTC 80? Whereas on Air India website under FARE category states that LEAVE TRAVEL CONCESSION Scheme (effective 11 March, 2010) GEIP Fare is applicable on sector(to and from) Bangalore, Guwahati, Goa, Bagdogra, Portblair, Trivendrum, Leh, Srinagar, Cochin and Agati and XEIP Fare is applicable for other than those above.
Please, tell me that how can I find order regarding Delhi-Bagdogra-Delhi sector, XEIP fare is equivalent to LTC 80.

Kindly tell me:-
Is other economy class fare by Air India other than LTC 80 fare reimbursible? If yes, then upto what extent? (As DOPT latest order dt. 16/09/2010 is "LTC 80 Ticket of Air India only to be purchased". But on bagdogra sector LTC 80 is not applicable but "LTC-Q" class is applicable.

RKPATHAK
16-10-2010, 01:26 AM
LTC80 fare scheme is a special concession to Central Govt employees. If due to some reason, LTC80 ticket is cancelled only rs 100 is deducted whereas in other case the minimum charges are rs 500. Secondly LTC 80 ticket cannot be purchased through website, but from the counter of Indian Airlines that too on prodution of Identity card. You however right that GEIP fare is admissible since it is almost equal to LTC80 fare. Actual economy class fare is not admissible on LTC

ramesh keshari
16-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
Sir, Please elaborate "Actual economy class fare is not admissible on LTC." as you stated at last sentence.
Thanks.

Next question:- Can other economy class fare by Air India be limited to LTC 80 fare by Air India?

RKPATHAK
17-10-2010, 11:37 AM
As I told you LTC80 fare is a concessional one both for Govt and its employees. XEIP/GEIP fare is considered as the LTC80 fare. The only difference is that LTC80 ticket can be purchased trhough counter of Indian Airlines on production of your identity card, whereas XEIP/GEIP ticket can be purchased from anywhere, whether through travel agent/website, etc. Secondly if you cancel the ticket purchased under LTC80 scheme the charges are rs100 whereas under other schemes the minimum charges are rs 500. Normal economy fare between delhi-bagdogra is about rs 13000, which under ltc80 is rs 7086

ramesh keshari
17-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for your quick response, Sir, There is no any fare amount Rs. 7086 under fare category on Air India website. Where can I find Delhi-Bagdogra sector ltc80 fare is Rs. 7086 and under which category ?
Thanks a lot.

RKPATHAK
18-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Air fare varies on day to day basis. Today's geip fare is 8810. It is better to purchase ltc80 ticket from the air india counter, which is very much available in dehradun to avoid any future problem. Once you purchased ltc80 ticket from air india counter your office shall pay the full amount even it is normal economic fare, only because it is purchased under ltc80 scheme

ramesh keshari
19-10-2010, 09:10 PM
(1) What is the direct shortest route of Dehradun to Bagdogra journey by Air India for Group "B" Gazetted Officer to visit NER on LTC?

(2) Does direct shortest route on LTC mean "AVAILABLE DIRECT SHORTEST ROUTE"?

(3) Is other than LTC 80 fare booked by Air India Booking Counter reimbursable? Will this fare be limited to LTC 80 fare of Air India by one's office?

Sir, please reply questionwise (i.e., pointwise).

Regards.

RKPATHAK
19-10-2010, 10:17 PM
There is no direct flight from Dehradun to Bagdogra. Direct flights for Bagdogra are only from Delhi, Kolkata and Guwahati. In each case you will be choosing a longer route. It is better you consult your Sanctioning Authority since he is the best judge.
As per LTC rules the journey should be performed by shortest route and Sanctioning Authority is the authority in each office is there to decide the shortest route.
You can purchase any ticket but your claim be restricted to GEIP fare which today is Rs 8810. However if you purchase ltc80 ticket full amount be reimbursed simply because it bear the tag of ltc80

ramesh keshari
21-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks a lot for quick reply.
Regards.

ramesh keshari
24-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Sir,
As per dopt latest circular dated 16.09.2010 under LTC : para (iii) states that "LTC 80 TICKETS OF AIR INDIA ONLY TO BE PURCHASED."

What does this phrase mean?

Is LTC 80 Ticket mandatory? or other economy class ticket can be purchased at the Air India Booking Office, if so is other economy class ticket purchased at the Air India Booking Office reimbursable limited to LTC 80 fare.

Regards.

RKPATHAK
25-10-2010, 06:07 AM
As already stated LTC80 is a scheme for the benefit of Govt Employees. Since if for any reason lTC80 ticket is cancelled only rs 100 is deducted, whereas for other cases minimum deduction is rs 500. Secondly there is no fare restriction in LTC80 ticket. Therefore it has been recorded so. However XEIP/GEIP fare is considered equal to LTC80 fare, it is reimbursed in most of the offices. This has also been recorded in Air India website

ramanrao60
27-10-2010, 09:57 AM
As already stated LTC80 is a scheme for the benefit of Govt Employees. Since if for any reason lTC80 ticket is cancelled only rs 100 is deducted, whereas for other cases minimum deduction is rs 500. Secondly there is no fare restriction in LTC80 ticket. Therefore it has been recorded so. However XEIP/GEIP fare is considered equal to LTC80 fare, it is reimbursed in most of the offices. This has also been recorded in Air India website

i think the govt should be more sensible and order to reimburse any fare of air india which is lower than or equal to ltc 80 fare

RKPATHAK
28-10-2010, 09:41 AM
This is being done

ramesh keshari
03-11-2010, 12:39 AM
I am a Gr B officer posted in Dehradun. I have to visit Sikkim on LTC. Can Air India LTC fare be reimbursible from Dehradun to Delhi and Delhi to Bagdogra? There is only flight for Delhi from Dehradun by Air India. There is no even single flight for other than Delhi.
Next Question:- Following routes are direct shortest route?
Dehradun to Delhi and Delhi to Bagdogra.

RKPATHAK
04-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Flight for Bagdogra is from Delhi, Kolkata and Guwahati. To avoid any confusion better come to Delhi by Shatabdi Express and take flight for Bagdogra

ramesh keshari
04-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Sir, for LTC to ner region, Gr. B officer can travel by air from his place of posting (or nearest airport) to city (or nearest airport) of ner.
Can I not travel from Dehradun (my place of posting) or Jollygrant Airport (nearest airport) by Air India to Delhi. Then Delhi to Bagdogra (nearest Airport) of Gangtok, my declared place of visit.
In the context of above and the terms and condition of Circular of Dopt dt 02.05.2008 which is extended for 2 years from 01.05.2010 with the previous same terms and condition.
Can I not travel from Dehradun to Delhi and Delhi to Bagdogra by Air India on LTC tickets?
All Senior Members! Kindly advise me on confirm basis.

Renuka Kumar
03-03-2011, 01:39 PM
LTC80 fare scheme is a special concession to Central Govt employees. If due to some reason, LTC80 ticket is cancelled only rs 100 is deducted whereas in other case the minimum charges are rs 500. Secondly LTC 80 ticket cannot be purchased through website, but from the counter of Indian Airlines that too on prodution of Identity card. You however right that GEIP fare is admissible since it is almost equal to LTC80 fare. Actual economy class fare is not admissible on LTC

Is there any MoF ruling on admissibility of GEIP fare for LTC? Our PAO is insisting that my claim for visit to Chennai is not admissible as I purchased a GEIP ticket and not an LTC-80?