PDA

View Full Version : Taxi fare from Residence to Airport on Transfer is reimbursable or not?

sinha_vk
01-10-2010, 03:12 PM
I have been transferred from Mumbai to Chennai in publice interest for seven months. My Grade pay is 5400/- in PB-2. I had submitted the Transfer TA Bill and claimed Taxi fare from residence to Airport and Airport to local place of stay in Chennai. But my office has not reimbursed me Taxi fare between residence and Airport stating that it is reimbursable on Tour only and not on Transfer. I aware that in LTC, taxi fare from residence to Airport/Railway station is not allowed but on transfer it is reimbursable. Please clarfiy that the same is reimbursable on TA on transfer or not?

RKPATHAK
01-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Taxi fare from residence to Airport on transfer not admissible. But you can claim road mileage for transportation of personal effects since your transfer is for more than 180 days. In addition to this you are entitled to lump sum transfer grant both ways and benefits. Better consult Swamy's Hand Book chapter "Entitlements on transfer"

sinha_vk
01-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Dear Pathak Sahab,

Thank u very much for quick reply.

I had got the transfer grant but I have not claimed transportation of persona effects as I have not shifted my family and quarter to Chennai and I am also not interested to shift my family here because my children are studying there. Please clarify that without vacating the quarter in Mumbai, can I shift my family temporarily to Chennai?

RKPATHAK
01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Shifting family and transportation of personal effects are two different things. You can leave your family behind at the last station of posting. In case you are having Govt accommodation it can also be retained for certain period of time on nomal rent and the at market rent. In any case you can claim transportation of personal effects as per actual expenditure restricted to specified limits

Victor
01-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I have been transferred from Mumbai to Chennai in publice interest for seven months. My Grade pay is 5400/- in PB-2. I had submitted the Transfer TA Bill and claimed Taxi fare from residence to Airport and Airport to local place of stay in Chennai. But my office has not reimbursed me Taxi fare between residence and Airport stating that it is reimbursable on Tour only and not on Transfer. I aware that in LTC, taxi fare from residence to Airport/Railway station is not allowed but on transfer it is reimbursable. Please clarfiy that the same is reimbursable on TA on transfer or not?

As per rules, transfer incidentals for the Govt. servant and the members of his family as well as the road mileage for journeys between the residence and the Railway Station/Bus Stand/Airport at the old and new stations, are subsumed in the Composite Transfer Grant.

Refer GOI Order No. 1(II) below SR 116.

Victor