PDA

View Full Version : Ltc for mother-in-law

dhanurdhar
30-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Is there any rule which entitles LTC for mother-in-law in case of a woman employee? Please give details.

RKPATHAK
30-09-2010, 12:26 PM
As definition of family, a female govt employee can add her parents or in-laws as dependent family member subject to condition their income from all sources does not exceed the minimum pension, ie.e, rs 3500+dr

dhanurdhar
30-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Dear Sir, Please tell me where I am mistaken, because the definition of family as given in LTC rules 1988 available on persmin.nic.in, is as follows

(d) "Family" means:-

(i) the Government servant’s wife or husband, as the case may be, and two surviving unmarried children or step children wholly dependent on the Government servant, irrespective of whether they are residing with the Government servant or not;

(ii) married daughters who have been divorced, abandoned or separated from their husbands and widowed daughters and are residing with the Government servant and are wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iii) parents and/or step mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iv) unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried, divorced, abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant, provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.

This definition does not include in-laws, please clarify.

Victor
30-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Dear Sir, Please tell me where I am mistaken, because the definition of family as given in LTC rules 1988 available on persmin.nic.in, is as follows

(d) "Family" means:-

(i) the Government servant’s wife or husband, as the case may be, and two surviving unmarried children or step children wholly dependent on the Government servant, irrespective of whether they are residing with the Government servant or not;

(ii) married daughters who have been divorced, abandoned or separated from their husbands and widowed daughters and are residing with the Government servant and are wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iii) parents and/or step mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iv) unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried, divorced, abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant, provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.

This definition does not include in-laws, please clarify.

The definition of family for the purpose of LTC is very clear. In-laws are not entitled for LTC benefits.

Victor

RKPATHAK
30-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Sorry I misquoted the definition of family for medical facilities

dhanurdhar
01-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Thank you Pathakji and Victor Sir for your effort.