PDA

View Full Version : LTC Advance Regarding

ramesh keshari
21-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Sir,

I have to visit Sikkim (via-Darjeeling) from 15.11.2010 to 24.11.2010. I have applied LTC advance on 15.09.2010. I have booked Air ticket by Air India from my savings as Air India enquiry told that there were few seats left. My LTC advance application under process. Kindly tell me:-

(1) Is there any rule stating before how many days can an employee book ticket from his savings/borrowing from relatives, from sanction or drawal of advance?

(2) What are the modes of transport (LTC approved) from Bagdogra to Silliguri/Darjeeling and from Darjeeling to Gangtok?

Regards.

RKPATHAK
22-09-2010, 10:29 AM
LTC Advance can be drawn well in advance to ensure timely purchase of tickets. But the condition is that you have to purchase the ticket and produce it to the DDO for verification within a period of 10 days from the date of drawan lf advance. In no case unutilised amount of advance should remain with Govt servant for longer duration.
Bagdogra to Gangtok can be travelled by taxi for which coupon can e purcahsed from the prepaid counter of WBTDC aat Bagfdogra Airport.

jaleelethiyil
23-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Sir,
Roumours spreading that some Undertakings are going to introduce tour allownce instead of re-imbursment of LTC to simplify the system.

RKPATHAK
23-09-2010, 08:08 PM
There is no such proposal for encashment of LTC. It is reimburseable and therefore no tax

ramesh keshari
04-10-2010, 02:22 AM
LTC Advance can be drawn well in advance to ensure timely purchase of tickets. But the condition is that you have to purchase the ticket and produce it to the DDO for verification within a period of 10 days from the date of drawan lf advance. In no case unutilised amount of advance should remain with Govt servant for longer duration.
Bagdogra to Gangtok can be travelled by taxi for which coupon can e purcahsed from the prepaid counter of WBTDC aat Bagfdogra Airport.

Since, LTC is admissible for journeys conducted by Tourism Development Corporations in the public sector in their own vehicles.
But the WBTDC at Bagdogra Airport, conduct prepaid taxi (if not their own vehicle). Whether taxi fare paid, be reimbursable ?

RKPATHAK
04-10-2010, 11:55 AM
I agree that the taxis at Bagdogra Airport are private, but are under licenced control of WBTDC, who issue slip with a certificate "LTC Approved". Hence it is reimbursable.

ramesh keshari
05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree that the taxis at Bagdogra Airport are private, but are under licenced control of WBTDC, who issue slip with a certificate "LTC Approved". Hence it is reimbursable.

Respected PATHAK sir. Now I agree with you. Thanks a lot for reply. You are very knowledgeable person indeed. You always give quick reply to each & everyone.

Asst. Audit Officer,
O/o The Principal Accountant General (Audit) Uttarakhand,
DEHRADUN.

giricex
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Sir, I have applied for LTC advance to visit J & K from 23.03.12 to 04.04.12. I have applied for LTC advance on 23.01.12. Our admn staff have informed that they have processed the ltc advance application but cannot sanction the amount as in my case there is travel by air from delhi to srinagar. Their contention is they can grant advance 60 days in advance in case of rail travel and in case of air travel they can sanction only one month in advance. Please advise me whether they are correct and if not, please give me reference of relevant O.M. Thanking you in advance............. for getting LTC advance

subratabasu555
11-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Sir, I have applied for LTC advance to visit J & K from 23.03.12 to 04.04.12. I have applied for LTC advance on 23.01.12. Our admn staff have informed that they have processed the ltc advance application but cannot sanction the amount as in my case there is travel by air from delhi to srinagar. Their contention is they can grant advance 60 days in advance in case of rail travel and in case of air travel they can sanction only one month in advance. Please advise me whether they are correct and if not, please give me reference of relevant O.M. Thanking you in advance............. for getting LTC advance

I, alongwith my family (me, my wife & my daughter) intend to avail LTC for 2010-13 extended upto 2014 to Lakshadweep through Samudram Package organised by SPORTS, Lakshadweep on 18.12.2014. I have purchased LTC-80 Air India Ticket from Kolkata-Mumbai-Kochi & Kochi-Chenai-Kolkata. Also I have deposited the package cost to SPORTS, Lakshadweep. The total cost involvement is LTC - 80 fare is Rs.135105.00 & Lakshadweep Samudram Package cost is Rs.73710.00 totalling Rs. 208815.00. I have also submitted the earned leave recommended by my superior. I have applied for LTC advance for 90% of the total expected expenditure but the accounts people of my office are telling that there is no guideline as to how many days before an advance may be sanctioned in case of Air ticket but there is 60 days time limit for rail fare, may be because the rail ticket can be purchased only before 60 days. The accounts are telling that the advance in this case may be given only one month before the commencement of journey.

can anybody may please inform me with authority / documents / notification / circular as to how many days before the LTC advance may be sanctioned?

subratabasu555
11-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Sir,

I have to visit Sikkim (via-Darjeeling) from 15.11.2010 to 24.11.2010. I have applied LTC advance on 15.09.2010. I have booked Air ticket by Air India from my savings as Air India enquiry told that there were few seats left. My LTC advance application under process. Kindly tell me:-

(1) Is there any rule stating before how many days can an employee book ticket from his savings/borrowing from relatives, from sanction or drawal of advance?

(2) What are the modes of transport (LTC approved) from Bagdogra to Silliguri/Darjeeling and from Darjeeling to Gangtok?

Regards.

I, alongwith my family (me, my wife & my daughter) intend to avail LTC for 2010-13 extended upto 2014 to Lakshadweep through Samudram Package organised by SPORTS, Lakshadweep on 18.12.2014. I have purchased LTC-80 Air India Ticket from Kolkata-Mumbai-Kochi & Kochi-Chenai-Kolkata. Also I have deposited the package cost to SPORTS, Lakshadweep. The total cost involvement is LTC - 80 fare is Rs.135105.00 & Lakshadweep Samudram Package cost is Rs.73710.00 totalling Rs. 208815.00. I have also submitted the earned leave recommended by my superior. I have applied for LTC advance for 90% of the total expected expenditure but the accounts people of my office are telling that there is no guideline as to how many days before an advance may be sanctioned in case of Air ticket but there is 60 days time limit for rail fare, may be because the rail ticket can be purchased only before 60 days. The accounts are telling that the advance in this case may be given only one month before the commencement of journey.

can anybody may please inform me with authority / documents / notification / circular as to how many days before the LTC advance may be sanctioned?

Victor
20-08-2014, 10:21 AM
The relevant rule provision (Rule 15(v) of CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988) is reproduced below:

"(v) The advance should be refunded in full if the outward journey is not commenced within 30 days of the grant of advance. However, in cases where reservations can be made sixty days before the proposed date of the outward journey and advance is granted accordingly, the Government servant should produce the tickets within ten days of the drawal of advance, irrespective of the date of commencement of the journey."

The rule implies that if reservtion can be done two months then copies of tickets have to be produced within ten days of drawal of advance. There is no condition that this applies to journey by "Railway" only. This equally applies to the case of "Air Travel" if tickets can be booked two months in advance.

However, please check whether 'package' rates are admissible for reimbursement under LTC. In my view only the cost towards travel (as per entitlement) and by the shortest route would be admissible for reimbursement.

Victor

subratabasu555
20-08-2014, 02:32 PM
The relevant rule provision (Rule 15(v) of CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988) is reproduced below:

"(v) The advance should be refunded in full if the outward journey is not commenced within 30 days of the grant of advance. However, in cases where reservations can be made sixty days before the proposed date of the outward journey and advance is granted accordingly, the Government servant should produce the tickets within ten days of the drawal of advance, irrespective of the date of commencement of the journey."

The rule implies that if reservation can be done two months then copies of tickets have to be produced within ten days of drawal of advance. There is no condition that this applies to journey by "Railway" only. This equally applies to the case of "Air Travel" if tickets can be booked two months in advance.

However, please check whether 'package' rates are admissible for reimbursement under LTC. In my view only the cost towards travel (as per entitlement) and by the shortest route would be admissible for reimbursement.

Victor

Sir,
Thanks for your reply.

Can you please inform me that if I have purchased the air tickets of Air India LTC 80 from Kolkata to Kochi & back and the package of SPORTS Lakshadweep Samudram in the month of July'2014 for the journey to be undertaken in December2014 (for LTC 2010-13), whether advance can be drawn now in August,2014. because there will be immense rush as the end of the LTC block year both in AIR and for the SPORTS package, so i had to purchase the tickets well in advance in July 2014 and applied for advance.
please advise.

Victor
20-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Advance can be drawn only for travel expenses.

The rule permits drawal of advance two months prior to date of outward journey. Hence you may not get LTC advance five months prior to date of journey.

Victor