PDA

View Full Version : Family pension for a decesed defence pensioner

dnaga57
19-09-2010, 08:06 PM
I would request information on

A defense pensioners widow will draw her husbands pension for 7 years from date of death or 67 years whichever is earlier
thereafter she will draw her family pension..
My understanding is that the full pension or double the family pension for 7 years from date of retirement & NOT date of death of the pensioner

Knowledgeable members may advise...Thanks

sundarar
19-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I would request information on

A defense pensioners widow will draw her husbands pension for 7 years from date of death or 67 years whichever is earlier
thereafter she will draw her family pension..
My understanding is that the full pension or double the family pension for 7 years from date of retirement & NOT date of death of the pensioner

Knowledgeable members may advise...Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Pensionersportal.gov.in

Rule 54 of CCS (Pension) Rules 1972

(3) (a) (i) Where a Government servant, who is not governed by the Workmen's Compensation Act, 1923 (8 of 1923), dies while in service after having rendered not les than seven years' continuous service, the rate of family pension payable to the family shall be equal to 50 per cent of the pay last drawn and the amount so admissible shall be payable from the date following the date of death of the Government servant for a period of seven years, or for a period up to the date on which the deceased Government servant would have attained the age of 67 years had he survived, whichever is less.
(ii) In the event of death of a Government servant after retirement, the family pension as determined under sub-clause (i ) shall be payable for a period of seven years, or for a period up to the date on which the retired deceased Government servant would have attained the age of 67 years had he survived, whichever is less :

Provided that in no case the amount of family pension determined under sub-clause (ii) of this clause shall exceed the pension authorised on retirement from Government service :

Provided further that where the amount of pension authorised on retirement is less than the amount of family pension admissible under sub-rule (2), the amount of family pension determined under this clause shall be limited to the amount of family pension admissible under sub-rule (2).

EXPLANATION. - For the purpose of this sub-clause, pension authorised on retirement includes the part of the pension which the retired Government servant may have commuted before death.
(b) (i) Where a Government servant, who is governed by the Workmen's Compensation Act, 1923 (8 of 1923), dies while in service after having rendered not less than seven years' continuous service, the rate of family pension payable to the family shall be equal to 50 per cent of the pay last drawn or one and a half times the family pension admissible under sub-rule (2), whichever is less.
(ii) The family pension so determined under sub-clause (i) shall be payable for the period mentioned in clause (a) :
Provided that where a compensation is not payable under the aforesaid Act, the Head of Office shall send a certificate to the Accounts Officer to the effect that the family of the deceased Government servant is not eligible for any compensation under the aforesaid Act and the family shall be paid family pension on the scale, and for the period, mentioned in clause (a).
(c) After the expiry of the period referred to in clause (a), the family, in receipt of family pension under that clause or clause (b), shall be entitled to family pension at the rate admissible under sub-rule (2).

Kanaujiaml
27-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Dear friends. I have come across a case where in "Treasury" has refused to pay arrears of pension due to a pensioner before expirty, to wife, although, family pension to the wife, is being paid by the same Treasury. Treasury says that such arrears are paid as Per "Payment of Arrears of Pension(Nomination)Rules 1983". Since "Nomination" is not available, hence Treasury has refused payment of such arrears.
It is notesworthy that such payment, perhaps, are being made by Banks, as these are Computer generated. The Treasury is demanding Succession Certificate issued from Court. The learned members may kindly consider and advise a simpler solution.