PDA

View Full Version : Air fare under LTC revised after the journey date-Which air fare is eligible?

gconnect
19-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Mr.K.C.HANSDA asked,

I am a Central Government Employee of a rank of Superintendent of Central Excise [Gr-B] drawing scale under grade pay of Rs.5400/-. During 7th December' 2008 to 10th December'2008 I availed tour on LTC to visit North Eastern Regions under scheme " Home Town LTC' converted to "NER' for block year 06-07 grace period extended up to 31.12.08. The Air Tickets for myself and for my family were booked through authorized travel agent on 28.11.08 for to and fro journey from Kolkata to Guwahati and the price for one way ticket per person was Rs. 8,185/- . Before commencement of outward Journey [i.e. on 07.12.08] I was granted also LTC advance by the authority. In this context, I would to like add that I intended to avail LTC I in terms of DoPT, OM No-31011/4/2007-Estt.(A) dated 02.05.08 while preferring my claim for LTC advance before my controlling officer.
In the mean time, Air India declared new fare prices under LTC-80 scheme which were made effective from 01.12.2008 and these new fares were much lesser than the air fares available during November'2008.

After completion of my LTC tour, I submitted LTC adjustment claim on 07.01.09 before the authority, but the authority declining to accept my claim and kept the same pending for finalization till now on the plea that the fare claim by me is higher than the admissible amount. The earlier Air Fare chart i.e. prior to 1st December'2008 is also not available with the department to cross verify what exactly the air fare was during the material time when I booked the air tickets although my air tickets were supported by boarding passes.

Now, the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure [E-IV Branch] , New Delhi has issued an OM vide F.No-19046/1/2008-E-IV dated 15.07.2010 which clarifies that the fare paid on the date of booking under LTC-80 Scheme of Air India may be reimbursed.

Queries--In the face of such OMs (a) whether the department can still held up my LTC adjustment claim? (b) Whether the department is free to disentitle my claim amount to the extent it is not admissible. Please help me to get rid out of this trouble water so that I would feel free about my liabilities and obligation on account of drawing LTC advance. (b) Also, if Air Fare for Kolkata to Guwahati prior to December'2008 is available may kindly be provided so that I can convince the department accordingly to get the matter settle.

With regards,

tvenkatam
19-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Mr.K.C.HANSDA asked,

I am a Central Government Employee of a rank of Superintendent of Central Excise [Gr-B] drawing scale under grade pay of Rs.5400/-. During 7th December' 2008 to 10th December'2008 I availed tour on LTC to visit North Eastern Regions under scheme " Home Town LTC' converted to "NER' for block year 06-07 grace period extended up to 31.12.08. The Air Tickets for myself and for my family were booked through authorized travel agent on 28.11.08 for to and fro journey from Kolkata to Guwahati and the price for one way ticket per person was Rs. 8,185/- . Before commencement of outward Journey [i.e. on 07.12.08] I was granted also LTC advance by the authority. In this context, I would to like add that I intended to avail LTC I in terms of DoPT, OM No-31011/4/2007-Estt.(A) dated 02.05.08 while preferring my claim for LTC advance before my controlling officer.
In the mean time, Air India declared new fare prices under LTC-80 scheme which were made effective from 01.12.2008 and these new fares were much lesser than the air fares available during November'2008.

After completion of my LTC tour, I submitted LTC adjustment claim on 07.01.09 before the authority, but the authority declining to accept my claim and kept the same pending for finalization till now on the plea that the fare claim by me is higher than the admissible amount. The earlier Air Fare chart i.e. prior to 1st December'2008 is also not available with the department to cross verify what exactly the air fare was during the material time when I booked the air tickets although my air tickets were supported by boarding passes.

Now, the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure [E-IV Branch] , New Delhi has issued an OM vide F.No-19046/1/2008-E-IV dated 15.07.2010 which clarifies that the fare paid on the date of booking under LTC-80 Scheme of Air India may be reimbursed.

Queries--In the face of such OMs (a) whether the department can still held up my LTC adjustment claim? (b) Whether the department is free to disentitle my claim amount to the extent it is not admissible. Please help me to get rid out of this trouble water so that I would feel free about my liabilities and obligation on account of drawing LTC advance. (b) Also, if Air Fare for Kolkata to Guwahati prior to December'2008 is available may kindly be provided so that I can convince the department accordingly to get the matter settle.

With regards,

Dear Friend,

The instructions to avail LTC by Air India’s LTC80 were issued only in June 2009 vide order at link below:
http://www.persmin.nic.in/WriteReadData/Estt/31011_4_2008-Estt.%28A%29-1.pdf

In your case it is very clear that the date of booking of air tickets and even the date of outward journey was long before the scheme of LTC80 came in to force. Your office must refer to the rules prevailing at the time of booking of tickets by you.

The O.M. of Ministry of Finance dated 15.07.2010 is of no relevance. You are entitled to your LTC claim by economy class of Air India.

tvenkatam
19-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Dear Friend,

The LTC 80 scheme of Air India came in to force on 01.12.2008 and the Ministry of Finance notified to avail the fare of LTC80 on 04.12.2008. Para 2 of this notification reads as under:

“These orders will be applicable in the case of tickets booked on or after the date of issue. In respect of tickets booked between 10 November, 2008 and the date of issue of these orders, LTC claims may be processed for clearance provided full fare economy tickets have not been purchased and no other benefits, except air travel, have been availed of.”

Your claim may be settled in terms of this para.