PDA

View Full Version : Can I awail one way LTC under anywhere in India category

seenu
15-09-2010, 09:55 PM
My spouse performed outward journey on 23-6-10 for anywhere in India extended upto Dec 2010 .The return journy will not be completed within 6 months.

May I claim LTC for outward journey only and not claim for the return journey ..

Is it permitted ? Kindly clarify...

Thanks

Seenu

tvenkatam
15-09-2010, 10:35 PM
My spouse performed outward journey on 23-6-10 for anywhere in India extended upto Dec 2010 .The return journy will not be completed within 6 months.

May I claim LTC for outward journey only and not claim for the return journey ..

Is it permitted ? Kindly clarify...

Thanks

Seenu

Dear friend,

Under the scheme of LTC, the journey performed by the employee and/or any/all member/s of the family need not necessarily originate or terminate at the place of duty. But the declared place of visit must be visited. In the instant case when your spouse has no idea of returning from the place of visit within the time frame of 6 months you are free to prefer the claim for outward journey only by foregoing the claim for return journey in respect of your spouse. If you have valid reasons for the over stayal of your spouse at the declared place of visit, you may also seek the approval of Head of the Department for extension of time beyond 6 months for return journey.

seenu
18-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Dear friend,

Thank you for the details. I will do accordingly.

Seenu