PDA

View Full Version : pay fixation

gokul1969
15-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Sir,
I am working in an autonomous organisation following Central Pay Rules. In our office there exists posts of DEO (Gr.A, B, C). After cadre restructuring a new post DPA has been created and the Recruitment Rules was notified on 30.5.2009. As per the recruitment rule, the post of DPA (Data Processing Assistant) carries a pay scale of (, GP-4600)(PB-2) and the mode of recruitment is 100% Direct Recruitment. However as a one time relaxation, those officials of DEO (Gr.A,B, C) who possess the minimum qualification and rendered atleast 6 years of service are eligible for appointment as DPA with effect from the date of notification i.e. 30.5.2009. Those DEOs who do not possess the minimum qualification should get qualified within 2 years to be eligible for appointment as DPA. Accordingly those DEOs(Gr.A,B,C) who posses the minimum qualification and requisite service were appointed as DPAs. My question is to how to fix the pay of those DPAs. Whether the pay is to be fixed as per Rule 13 if Pay Rules, that is by granting 3% increment from the existing pay or whether the DPAs so apppointed (existing DEOs) should be treated as Direct appointment and pay to be fixed as per Section II of Part-A of First Schedule by fixing their pay at Rs.12540/- which is corresponding to the Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- applicable for fresh recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006. Though it is a cadre restructuring, my opinion that their pay should be fixed as per Rule 13 of CCS(RP) rules. I would like to have the considered opinion of senior members
Thank you
Gokul

RKPATHAK
15-09-2010, 09:33 AM
sir,
i am working in an autonomous organisation following central pay rules. In our office there exists posts of deo (gr.a, b, c). After cadre restructuring a new post dpa has been created and the recruitment rules was notified on 30.5.2009. As per the recruitment rule, the post of dpa (data processing assistant) carries a pay scale of (, gp-4600)(pb-2) and the mode of recruitment is 100% direct recruitment. However as a one time relaxation, those officials of deo (gr.a,b, c) who possess the minimum qualification and rendered atleast 6 years of service are eligible for appointment as dpa with effect from the date of notification i.e. 30.5.2009. Those deos who do not possess the minimum qualification should get qualified within 2 years to be eligible for appointment as dpa. Accordingly those deos(gr.a,b,c) who posses the minimum qualification and requisite service were appointed as dpas. My question is to how to fix the pay of those dpas. Whether the pay is to be fixed as per rule 13 if pay rules, that is by granting 3% increment from the existing pay or whether the dpas so apppointed (existing deos) should be treated as direct appointment and pay to be fixed as per section ii of part-a of first schedule by fixing their pay at rs.12540/- which is corresponding to the grade pay of rs.4600/- applicable for fresh recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006. Though it is a cadre restructuring, my opinion that their pay should be fixed as per rule 13 of ccs(rp) rules. I would like to have the considered opinion of senior members
thank you
gokul
kindly let me know the pay scales of deo gr a, b & c

tvenkatam
15-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Sir,
I am working in an autonomous organisation following Central Pay Rules. In our office there exists posts of DEO (Gr.A, B, C). After cadre restructuring a new post DPA has been created and the Recruitment Rules was notified on 30.5.2009. As per the recruitment rule, the post of DPA (Data Processing Assistant) carries a pay scale of (, GP-4600)(PB-2) and the mode of recruitment is 100% Direct Recruitment. However as a one time relaxation, those officials of DEO (Gr.A,B, C) who possess the minimum qualification and rendered atleast 6 years of service are eligible for appointment as DPA with effect from the date of notification i.e. 30.5.2009. Those DEOs who do not possess the minimum qualification should get qualified within 2 years to be eligible for appointment as DPA. Accordingly those DEOs(Gr.A,B,C) who posses the minimum qualification and requisite service were appointed as DPAs. My question is to how to fix the pay of those DPAs. Whether the pay is to be fixed as per Rule 13 if Pay Rules, that is by granting 3% increment from the existing pay or whether the DPAs so apppointed (existing DEOs) should be treated as Direct appointment and pay to be fixed as per Section II of Part-A of First Schedule by fixing their pay at Rs.12540/- which is corresponding to the Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- applicable for fresh recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006. Though it is a cadre restructuring, my opinion that their pay should be fixed as per Rule 13 of CCS(RP) rules. I would like to have the considered opinion of senior members
Thank you
Gokul

Dear Friend,

The pay of an employee on transfer/re-appointment/promotion/appointment to ex-cadre post, etc., will be fixed in terms of Rule 13 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008. The entry pay of 12540 will be applicable only in respect of new entrants appointed on direct recruitment.

gokul1969
15-09-2010, 06:27 PM
kindly let me know the pay scales of deo gr a, b & c

The pay scale of DEO Grade A (i am not sure it is A or C) is 5000-150-8000 (pre-revised)

gokul1969
15-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Dear Friend,

The pay of an employee on transfer/re-appointment/promotion/appointment to ex-cadre post, etc., will be fixed in terms of Rule 13 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008. The entry pay of 12540 will be applicable only in respect of new entrants appointed on direct recruitment.

Sir,

I am also of the same opinion. Any seperate guidelines/order for fixation of pay treating it as direct recurits is there if the whole cadre is restructured like all the DEOs (old scale 5000-150-8000) are restructed as DPA with GP of Rs.4600.(old scale 6500-150-8000). In our office the pay is fixed at Rs.12540/-. I would like to know it for academic interest.

gokul1969
16-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Sir,

I am also of the same opinion. Any seperate guidelines/order for fixation of pay treating it as direct recurits is there if the whole cadre is restructured like all the DEOs (old scale 5000-150-8000) are restructed as DPA with GP of Rs.4600.(old scale 6500-150-8000). In our office the pay is fixed at Rs.12540/-. I would like to know it for academic interest.

Can the senior members give their considered opinion of my thread

Thank you

gokul1969
16-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Can the senior members give their considered opinion of my thread

Thank you

Will Mr.Jitendar respond to my query if he has time.

Thankyou

RKPATHAK
16-09-2010, 09:36 PM
It seems in your office DEO Gr A, B, C were in the pay scale of rs 5000, 5500, 6500 which are merged and now upgraded pay scale of rs 7450 introduced for which grade pay is rs 4600 as such the minimum basic for a direct recruit in the grade pay of rs 4600 is 12540. The action of your office is in order

gokul1969
17-09-2010, 06:25 AM
It seems in your office DEO Gr A, B, C were in the pay scale of rs 5000, 5500, 6500 which are merged and now upgraded pay scale of rs 7450 introduced for which grade pay is rs 4600 as such the minimum basic for a direct recruit in the grade pay of rs 4600 is 12540. The action of your office is in order

Sir,
I beg to differ with your opinion. It is not the case of upgradation. Even assuming that it is a upgradation, as per the CCS(RP) rules, the pay will be fixed with reference to the prerevised scale multiplied by 1.86 and appropriate grade pay will be given. Since both prerevised scale of 5000-5500-6500-7450 fall under PB-2, the minimum pay will be Rs.9300/- plus appropirate grade pay. You may also consider this. In most of office, the scale of 6500 was upgraded to Rs.7450. But the fixation is benefit if opted for fixation from 1.1.2006, is made only on the pay drawn on 1.1.2006 and not based on the upgraded scale. But in our office it is not the question of upgradation. A new post has been introduced and as per recuritment rules the post is to be filled up by 100% direct recruitment and as an exception the existing DEOs who fullfill the minimum qualification and service are entitled to be appointed as DPA. My question is whether those DEOs appointed as DPAs against Direct Recuritment Quota, can be treated as Direct Recruits and pay fixation benefit as per Rule 8 of CCS(RP) rules, treating them as fresh recruits or whether they are eligble for fixation of pay as per Rule 13 of CCS (RP) rules, that is by granting of 3% increment for promotion.
My opinion is that they should not be treated as Direct recruits and only if they opt the fixation from the date of promotion, in this case, (May,2009) the pay can be fixed at Rs.6500/- multiplied by 1.86 and in this case they have forego the arrears from 1.1.2006 to 29.5.2009. I would like to have response from all senior members.
Thank you

gokul1969
18-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Sir,
I beg to differ with your opinion. It is not the case of upgradation. Even assuming that it is a upgradation, as per the CCS(RP) rules, the pay will be fixed with reference to the prerevised scale multiplied by 1.86 and appropriate grade pay will be given. Since both prerevised scale of 5000-5500-6500-7450 fall under PB-2, the minimum pay will be Rs.9300/- plus appropirate grade pay. You may also consider this. In most of office, the scale of 6500 was upgraded to Rs.7450. But the fixation is benefit if opted for fixation from 1.1.2006, is made only on the pay drawn on 1.1.2006 and not based on the upgraded scale. But in our office it is not the question of upgradation. A new post has been introduced and as per recuritment rules the post is to be filled up by 100% direct recruitment and as an exception the existing DEOs who fullfill the minimum qualification and service are entitled to be appointed as DPA. My question is whether those DEOs appointed as DPAs against Direct Recuritment Quota, can be treated as Direct Recruits and pay fixation benefit as per Rule 8 of CCS(RP) rules, treating them as fresh recruits or whether they are eligble for fixation of pay as per Rule 13 of CCS (RP) rules, that is by granting of 3% increment for promotion.
My opinion is that they should not be treated as Direct recruits and only if they opt the fixation from the date of promotion, in this case, (May,2009) the pay can be fixed at Rs.6500/- multiplied by 1.86 and in this case they have forego the arrears from 1.1.2006 to 29.5.2009. I would like to have response from all senior members.
Thank you

Why no response. Senior members please give your considered opinion.

Thanks

SASI
18-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Dear friend,

Departmental candidates can not be treated as direct recruits. If they opt for the revised scale from the date of promotion, they are eligible for 6500*1.86 and not the minimum pay Rs.12540/-. Then they have to forego the arrears from 1-1-2006 to the date of promotion.

regards

sasi

Victor
18-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Sir,
Thank you

In my view the upgradation of existing DEOs as DPA cannot be treated at par with fresh recruits. The pay on promotion has to be fixed as per Rule 13 of CCS(RP) Rules, 2008.

Victor