PDA

View Full Version : Opting out of cghs

DR.VBP
11-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Just prior to retirement i gave an option for cghs facility . But i did not enroll as a member as yet due to heavy increase in the subscription fee involved. Now my query is that can i opt out of cghs in favor of fma especially since opting out of fma is permissible
dr.vbp

RKPATHAK
12-09-2010, 06:21 AM
You can opt out from cghs which in my opinion a is not a wise decision(.)fma is rs 300 p.m. Only where a qualified doctor charges not less than rs 500 per consultatation medicines extra(.) may god give you long and healthy life, but every body should be ready for any worst(.) however you are the best judge

K.B.Dhruwanshi
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Dear Friends,
In Railways we have facility of Retired Employees Liberalised Health Scheme-97 (RELHS) in which we can opt for FMA also, provided there is no railway health facilitity in the vicinity of residence of retired railway employee. But, opting for FMA will exclude RELHS beneficiary from getting treatment for common diseases and he/she will be eligible to get OPD treatment only for listed chronic diseases. Can anyone enlighten me how CGHS scheme operates for Central Civil Pensioners and their family members.
With regards
K.B.Dhruwanshi

RKPATHAK
12-09-2010, 07:38 PM
cghs facility is available to central government employees and the pensioners. You have to pay contribution for 10 years in one goal to have a pensioner card,provided you were having a cghs card while in service