PDA

View Full Version : VRS scheam of railways

jaleelethiyil
29-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Dear readers,
Railway Board proposed appointment of one dependent of those employees who are taking volantary retirement .Proposal is now under the consideration of MOF.As per my opinion,if implimented,this proposal will affect the interest of general public and efficiency of railway also.

K.B.Dhruwanshi
29-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Dear Friend Jaleelethiyil,
I am working in Central Railway and I have also heard this from some source, but how far it is true, i don't know. Is it official or otherwise please let us know. You have said that the VRS scheme of Railways will affect interest of general public and efficiency of Railways, please elaborate on these points.
Thanking You
With regards
K.B.Dhruwanshi

RKPATHAK
29-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Appointment of a family member of an employee who take voluntary retirement without considering his eligibility and suitability for the job to be appointed for is not at all in the interest of railways as also nation

prasannakumar
29-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Dear G.connectors,
With the present strength of employees, the biggest employer, the Railways is unable to cope up with the increasing load of passengers. In Kerala, people prefer rail journey due to very high bus fares (almost double the train fare). If experienced employees are extended VR, it is not sure how many of these posts are filled with much more efficient persons as aptly stated by Mr. Pathakji.

In my opinion, this may affect the efficiency of the Indian Railways.

Prasanna Kumar

jaleelethiyil
30-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Dear Friend Jaleelethiyil,
I am working in Central Railway and I have also heard this from some source, but how far it is true, i don't know. Is it official or otherwise please let us know. You have said that the VRS scheme of Railways will affect interest of general public and efficiency of Railways, please elaborate on these points.
Thanking You
With regards
K.B.Dhruwanshi

If this scheame is implimented in railways,clamour will come from other department also.In this circumstance those haples lot whose parents are not employed will not get service.Public opinion will turned against govt employees.Ther is a chance of disaproval from court also as per some past experience.Some cases court refused to accept the claim of service to dependents of employees who died during service and those who were declared unfit by competent authority.If this scheame implimented,it will compell administration to appoint somebody to some post without any competetion.In narrow perspective it may be benificial to me also.

prasannakumar
31-08-2010, 07:44 PM
If this scheame is implimented in railways,clamour will come from other department also.In this circumstance those haples lot whose parents are not employed will not get service.Public opinion will turned against govt employees.Ther is a chance of disaproval from court also as per some past experience.Some cases court refused to accept the claim of service to dependents of employees who died during service and those who were declared unfit by competent authority.If this scheame implimented,it will compell administration to appoint somebody to some post without any competetion.In narrow perspective it may be benificial to me also.

There was a direction (I am not remembering to department)from the Supreme few years back that compassionate employment is not mandatory on part of the employer. So the chances of acceptance of claims of retired employees by the court may not be be favourable to the Voluntarily retired employees.

Anyway, as nothing has come from any quarters officially, let us wait and watch.

Prasanna Kumar