PDA

View Full Version : CGHS hospital entitlement for central Govt. employees after retirement

pk9591
21-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Dear friends,
What will be the entilement of central govt. employees in CGHS refreral hospitals while in service he has having private ward entitlement as he has already crossed his pay in pay band 19340 excluding grade pay after his retirement?

Yadunath
21-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Recently I retired from central government service (dept. of atomic energy). I was holding a post in PB4. Yet after retirement when I went for eye treatment I was recommended only for general ward. It is clear that whatever be the post held prior to retirement, after retirement all are brought under one bracket and given the minimum entitled class.

pk9591
22-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Dear Yadunathji,

It is practically not possible to give the minimum entitled class to all retired central govt. employess due to their status. The qustion is whether we are entitled for entitlement in CGHS referal Hospital that were getting at the time of retitement when were in service or we will be entitled for CGHS hospital entitlement on the basis of pension we will get?

Thanks

RKPATHAK
22-08-2010, 10:20 AM
The facility and status you were enjoying while in service shall continue as a pensioner

Victor
23-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Dear Yadunathji,

It is practically not possible to give the minimum entitled class to all retired central govt. employess due to their status. The qustion is whether we are entitled for entitlement in CGHS referal Hospital that were getting at the time of retitement when were in service or we will be entitled for CGHS hospital entitlement on the basis of pension we will get?

Thanks

The entitlements are as per Pay in the Pay Band / Pension / Family Pension. The entitelemnts are as follows for private hopspitals recognized by CGHS:

Up to 13,950 : General Ward
13,960 to 19,530 : Semi-private Ward
19,540 and above : Private Ward

Hence as the pension is less than the pay in the pay band draw while in service, the entitlements would drop accordingly.

Victor

kolwadkar
11-11-2010, 08:29 PM
the CGHS facility depend on things your pay scale. while you are serving there is no confusion, you pay according to your pay scale and get the facility. however when you retire you get less pension now the choice is yours if you pay cghs annual fees as per your pension amount then your entitlement will be less than what you were getting when you were serving. but if you opt for paying as per your entitle class(irrespective of your pension amount) then you will continue to enjoy the same benefits which you were enjoying before retirement.

RKPATHAK
11-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Sorry Mr Victor. Entitlement shall continue to be on the basis of last pay drawn