PDA

View Full Version : Online complaint through pg portal

jaleelethiyil
21-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Dear,
Following reply has been recieved from DOP&T on my online complaint through pg portal.gov.in ."No action is required from the part of DOP&T as matter pertains to expenditure"
In this circumstance to where I have to apply.

naukar
21-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Dear,
Following reply has been recieved from DOP&T on my online complaint through pg portal.gov.in ."No action is required from the part of DOP&T as matter pertains to expenditure"

What was the complaint?

R K Rao
21-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Dear,

I think 'expenditure' means Department of Expenditure of the Ministry of Finance.

However, as Mr. Naukar has rightly asked, what was the complaint?

RK

jaleelethiyil
22-08-2010, 01:54 AM
My compaint is regarding charging incometax for the accomodation provided by Public undertakings. such tax is not applicable for govt sector.In this case Public undertakings are treaed in par with private sector.

tvenkatam
22-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Dear Friend,

It must be concerning Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance.

RKPATHAK
22-08-2010, 10:19 AM
In fact public sector consider the government accommodation as perks and charging income tax on it which in fact is not correct(.) finance ministry should take this into consideration

naukar
22-08-2010, 08:02 PM
House Rent Allowances: Commonly known as HRA, exemption being bestowed through section 10(13A) briefed as:

1. An amount equal to 50 per cent of salary, where residential house is situated at Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi or Chennai and an amount equal to 40 per cent of salary, where residential house is situated at any other place.
2. House rent allowance received by the employee in respect of the period during which rental accommodation is occupied by the employee during the previous year.
3. Rent paid minus 10 per cent of salary

PLEASE NOTE:
Salary here means Basic+ D.A+ Commission based on fixed % of turnover achieved by an employee.

Source:Income Tax Act

jaleelethiyil
23-08-2010, 08:37 AM
In fact public sector consider the government accommodation as perks and charging income tax on it which in fact is not correct(.) finance ministry should take this into consideration

As per traditional HRA rule if one of the spouse is provided accomodation by public undertakings, the other will not get HRA eventhough he/she is govt sector.Here public undertakings are treated in par with govt sector.But for deducting more tax accomodation provided by public undertakings are consider as perks like private sector.This contradictory approach cause a big loss.