PDA

View Full Version : Seniority of SSC vs Surplus / Compassionate...!

badhurv007
18-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Hello Good Evening everybody...

One of my friend having this problem (in seniority).

1. He appeared Staff selection exam 1990 and joined my duty on 30.11.1992.

2. Now some of Surplus Staff and compassionate appointment who joined in May 1992 are shown senior to him.

3. Although they are senior to him as per date of joining but as per Exam year he is senior as he has appeared 1990 exam.

4. So his contention is that his seniority for promotion is started from 1st July 1991. Is it correct?

I want orders/circulars showing Seniority of Staff Selection candidate V/s. Surplus Cell and compassionate ground candidate if any...!

with regards...

Victor
19-08-2010, 10:59 AM

2. Now some of Surplus Staff and compassionate appointment who joined in May 1992 are shown senior to him.

3. Although they are senior to him as per date of joining but as per Exam year he is senior as he has appeared 1990 exam.

4. So his contention is that his seniority for promotion is started from 1st July 1991. Is it correct?

I want orders/circulars showing Seniority of Staff Selection candidate V/s. Surplus Cell and compassionate ground candidate if any...!

with regards...

As per rules on seniority, the relative seniority of Direct Recruits, Promotees, absorbees, etc., is determined according to the rotation of vacancies. In case a Direct Recruit does not join within the stipulated joining time (which shall not be more than 6 months) then he is liable to loose his seniority.

Victor
(pva)

jitendraacr
19-08-2010, 09:57 PM

with regards...
Daer friend
Seniority of surplus staff is governed by G.I., M.H.A. OM Nos.10/1/63-Estt.(D) dated 30.11.1963 and 9/22/68-Estt(D) dated 06/02/1969 and DoP&T OM No.15/2/88-CSIII dated 15.06.1992. All these circulars are available in Swamys compilation of Seniority and Promotion. Pl go through if these are applicable in your case.
Here I also want to share my views which are as under:
In CSS, date of joining is considered as First July of vacancy year irrespective of the date of actual joining of Govt. servant. Since the exam of SSC was conducted in 1990, it must be for the vacancies of 1991-92 and thus date of joining in this case will be 1st July, 1991 and all the officials selected on the basis of this exam will be placed together in order of their merit in exam. Any one who joins after it against direct recruitment vacancies (in you case Surplus Staff and Compassionate appointment) will be placed below these candidates. However, as quoted by my learned friend Shri Victor, any one who joins after six months of issuance of offer will loose his seniority and will be placed below those who joins in between.
Jitendra