PDA

View Full Version : Travel within the City... Need A Clarification...!!!

badhurv007
17-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Kindly clarify the following points to be followed while our staff are on tour: -

1. Without producing Original bills for Food and Travel expenses, how can it be processed?

2. While on Tour for Training (for our Staff), whether he / she is eligible for reimbursement of auto/car fare within the same campus of their stay, where food is also given? Is there any order for it...? ((In my Office, Our staff arguing that even though the stay and training spots are same place (within the complex), Office has to give travel within the city fares i.e. taxi / auto fares. Is it correct...???))

3. Travel within the City means...

1. Whether staying spot to Working / Training Spot ...?

or

2. Travel anywhere in City i.e. sight seeing / any kind of travel...?

3. If anything in Order / Clarification kindly provide me...!

Kindly clarify the above queries with which rules and I shall be much thankful for an early clarification, since it is severe headache while process TA / DA claims in Our Office.

Thanking you,

with regards...

RKPATHAK
17-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Government after 6cpc replaced da with reimbursement of food bill, hotel bill and local conveyance(.) as is evident from the title itself it is reimbursement(.) if a person actually spents the amount in discharge of officail duty he is eligible for reimbursement(.) in your case place of duty is within campus and free food is being served, staff members are not spending anything on food, hotel and local conveyance, they are not eligible for reimbursement

PBMVOCE
17-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I totally agree with Sh. Pathakji. No claim will be admissible to the staff as per details mentioned.

badhurv007
17-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks Mr. Pathakji...

Here in my Office, even though the training spot and staying spots are within the campus, they are asking for Auto fares as per travel within the city. More over they are asking "Show me the order for not eligible..."

Can I have Ur Mobile or Office No...?

My email id is [email protected]

with regards...

Padhu...

RKPATHAK
17-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Simple(.) don't come in dispute(.) ask them to provide evidence of having incurred expenses on travel and food(.) my telephone no is 0124-2366168(.) you are welcome to contact me after 7.00 p.m. Regards
rkpathak

tvenkatam
17-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Kindly clarify the following points to be followed while our staff are on tour: -

1. Without producing Original bills for Food and Travel expenses, how can it be processed?

2. While on Tour for Training (for our Staff), whether he / she is eligible for reimbursement of auto/car fare within the same campus of their stay, where food is also given? Is there any order for it...? ((In my Office, Our staff arguing that even though the stay and training spots are same place (within the complex), Office has to give travel within the city fares i.e. taxi / auto fares. Is it correct...???))

3. Travel within the City means...

1. Whether staying spot to Working / Training Spot ...?

or

2. Travel anywhere in City i.e. sight seeing / any kind of travel...?

3. If anything in Order / Clarification kindly provide me...!

Kindly clarify the above queries with which rules and I shall be much thankful for an early clarification, since it is severe headache while process TA / DA claims in Our Office.

Thanking you,

with regards...

Dear Friend,

Every employee on tour is entitled to reimbursement of hotel bills, travel charges and food bills subject to certain limits on per diem/day basis. In case of free accommodation availed for stay there would not be the necessity for reimbursement of hotel bill. Wherever office transport is availed there may not be a need for claiming travel expenses.

The rates of TA on tour prescribed vide OM (link below) of 23rd Sep 2008 do not suggest that the reimbursement would be limited to only official journeys and lunch/dinners.

http://www.finmin.nic.in/6cpc/TA%20Allowance.pdf

In the absence of free transport, the expenses incurred on local journey performed both on official and personal needs during the day/night at the touring station may be reimbursed subject to the limits. Whether or not free diet is availed, the expenses incurred on snacks/tea, beverages, sweets, fruits, etc., would form part of reimbursable food expenses.

prasannakumar
17-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Sir,
Mr. Venkatamji's view is a point to ponder. Apart from food supplied from the training center, the officer/official can spend for other edibles and beverages even mineral water (One should not compel to limit the food that is being supplied from the training center). Then the automatically the claim has to be admitted.

One more debate going on in some of our offices is, if an inspection team is performing their duties in the same station, whether food bills have to be admitted. Ironically, the audit team itslef is in confusion. We are waiting for the outcome.

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

ramanrao60
18-08-2010, 10:09 AM
further now in ta da claims one has the option to choose the old rules or the scpc rules for one entire tour and his claim will be regulated as per option excercised
in case old rules are opted then no bills are required to be produced
how ever if free boarding and lodging are availed then only 25% of normal da is payble

how ever it is not clear if new rules are opted then how the claims will be regulated if free boarding has been provided?whether any cut will be imposed?

RKPATHAK
18-08-2010, 12:18 PM
as per new ta/da rules one has got the option to get his claim settled in terms of old ta/da rules or reimbursement under new rule