PDA

View Full Version : Stepping up within DR quota on the basis of Seniority and Date of Joining

anemployee
02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Friends,
i have joined as DR in an orginasation with some of my other colleagues after passing SSC (Grad. Level) Exam. Senioirty of all the assistants was prepared on the basis of rank achieved in the SSC exam. However, some of my colleage, who were lower in the rank, joined earlier in the org. than me and started drawing more pay than me, whereas i m placed senior to them in the seniority list.

Whether i can go for stepping up my pay as equal to those who r getting more pay than me, though junior to me in the seniority list. Whether there is any connection in Seniority and Pay Fixation. In which particular cases, Stepping is allowed?

Victor
02-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Friends,
i have joined as DR in an orginasation with some of my other colleagues after passing SSC (Grad. Level) Exam. Senioirty of all the assistants was prepared on the basis of rank achieved in the SSC exam. However, some of my colleage, who were lower in the rank, joined earlier in the org. than me and started drawing more pay than me, whereas i m placed senior to them in the seniority list.

Whether i can go for stepping up my pay as equal to those who r getting more pay than me, though junior to me in the seniority list. Whether there is any connection in Seniority and Pay Fixation. In which particular cases, Stepping is allowed?

Stepping up of pay is permissible in promotion cases. I am not aware of any similar orders in the case of Direct Recruits.

Victor
(pva)

jitendraacr
11-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Friends,

Dear friend
Stepping up of pay is admissible for Direct recruits also. However your case is not fit for the stepping up since your junior is drawing more pay than you only because he joines earlier than you. Hence this can not be treated as an anomaly.
Jitendra

jitendraacr
17-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Stepping up of pay is permissible in promotion cases. I am not aware of any similar orders in the case of Direct Recruits.

Victor
(pva)

My dear friend,
The stepping of pay applicable for appointment/promotion is given in GOI decision No.23 below FR-22{FR-SR(part-I)-2006}. I know that several cases have been dealt according to this.
This is with reference to one of your query in a post regarding stepping up of pay.
Jitendra

Victor
18-08-2010, 01:06 PM
My dear friend,
The stepping of pay applicable for appointment/promotion is given in GOI decision No.23 below FR-22{FR-SR(part-I)-2006}. I know that several cases have been dealt according to this.
This is with reference to one of your query in a post regarding stepping up of pay.
Jitendra

GOI Order 23 below FR-22 is not appicable in the case of Direct Recruits. The second condition given in the order viz. "The scales of pay of the lower and higher posts in which they are entitled to draw pay should be identical" does not arise in the case of a direct recruit as there is no question of a lower post in such cases.

Victor

jitendraacr
18-08-2010, 09:57 PM
GOI Order 23 below FR-22 is not appicable in the case of Direct Recruits. The second condition given in the order viz. "The scales of pay of the lower and higher posts in which they are entitled to draw pay should be identical" does not arise in the case of a direct recruit as there is no question of a lower post in such cases.

Victor

Dear friend
Here I have a different opinion. There is no question of lower post. I am just talking about pay of direct recruits, say Assistant joined prior to 1/1/06 will get Rs.5500x1.86+4600/-=14830/- w.e.f.1/1/06. (since the GP of Assistant has been upgraded from Rs.4200/- to Rs.4600/- w.e.f. 1/1/06). On the other hand, pay of direct recruit Assistant after 1/1/06 will be fixed at Rs.17140/- as per Part-II of the Notification dated 29.08.08. Both the Assistants are in PB-2 with GP of Rs.4600/-. What I want to say that here the pay of Assistant who is on 14830/- will be stepped up to Rs.17140/- w.e.f. the date of joining of his junior. This benefit has not been denied by the MoF at any stage as I know. I might be wrong in my interpretation but there is every chance of stepping up of pay in the cases similar to one as quoted above.
Jitendra

snj202003
19-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Dear friend
Here I have a different opinion. There is no question of lower post. I am just talking about pay of direct recruits, say Assistant joined prior to 1/1/06 will get Rs.5500x1.86+4600/-=14830/- w.e.f.1/1/06. (since the GP of Assistant has been upgraded from Rs.4200/- to Rs.4600/- w.e.f. 1/1/06). On the other hand, pay of direct recruit Assistant after 1/1/06 will be fixed at Rs.17140/- as per Part-II of the Notification dated 29.08.08. Both the Assistants are in PB-2 with GP of Rs.4600/-. What I want to say that here the pay of Assistant who is on 14830/- will be stepped up to Rs.17140/- w.e.f. the date of joining of his junior. This benefit has not been denied by the MoF at any stage as I know. I might be wrong in my interpretation but there is every chance of stepping up of pay in the cases similar to one as quoted above.
Jitendra

your position is correct. but in such cases the prior approval of MoF through the concerned ministry in which the problem has arisen needs to be taken. As strictly speaking the position of rules has not be tackled in pay rules 08 in such cases. To add further, the stepping up if takes place between 2nd Jan -30 th June it would deny the senior increment in July.

Victor
19-08-2010, 09:54 AM
your position is correct. but in such cases the prior approval of MoF through the concerned ministry in which the problem has arisen needs to be taken. As strictly speaking the position of rules has not be tackled in pay rules 08 in such cases. To add further, the stepping up if takes place between 2nd Jan -30 th June it would deny the senior increment in July.

I agree with the above.

The case is justified but is not backed by rules at present. In the 2nd meeting of the NAC, the official side has stated that they are not in favour of issuing a general order. However, they are willing to consider the issue on case to case basis.

Victor