PDA

View Full Version : Head Quarters (HQ) Leaving Permission

merry
27-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Dear Friends,

I would like to know, are we supposed to take HQ Leaving Permission. My home town is around 60 KM from my official HQ and I frequently visit my hometown during Saturday, Sunday, other govt. holidays and even some time after availing various types of leave.

Recently my reporting officer told me to apply for HQ leaving permission when I leave the HQ.

What is the maximum distance for which there is no need for HQ Leaving Permission. Is there any Govt. order exist.

There are persons who travel everyday to Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Calcutta, Bangalore, etc who attend the office from their home which is around 30 to 40 KM from the Official HQ.

Kindly help to me to have better understanding

Merry

SASI
28-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Dear Friends,

I would like to know, are we supposed to take HQ Leaving Permission. My home town is around 60 KM from my official HQ and I frequently visit my hometown during Saturday, Sunday, other govt. holidays and even some time after availing various types of leave.

Recently my reporting officer told me to apply for HQ leaving permission when I leave the HQ.

What is the maximum distance for which there is no need for HQ Leaving Permission. Is there any Govt. order exist.

There are persons who travel everyday to Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Calcutta, Bangalore, etc who attend the office from their home which is around 30 to 40 KM from the Official HQ.

Kindly help to me to have better understanding

Merry

Dear friend,

Government servants are required to take permission to leave headquarters. In the orders, it is specified as ‘headquarters/station’. The distance is not given in the orders. Hence to leave to places above 8 Kms need permission. The order also says that “However, separate permission may not be necessary where a Government servant has indicated his intention of leaving headquarters/station along with leave address while applying for leave.” (OM.No.110 l3/7/04- Estt dated 18-5-1994).Another OM of the Personnel Ministry confirms this “The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department's O.M. No. 11013/7/94-Estt. (A) dated 18th May, 1994 on the subject mentioned above in which it has inter-alia been clarified that separate permission may not be necessary where a Government servant has indicated his intention of leaving headquarters/station alongwith leave address while applying for leave. It has also been clarified that in case leave applied for the purpose of visiting foreign country is sanctioned, it would imply that permission for going abroad is also granted and, therefore, leave sanctioning authority should keep this aspect in mind while granting the leave applied for”.
No. 11013/8/2000-Estt. (A)dated 7-11-2000)

R K Rao
28-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Dear Friend,

Yesterday I happen to see your post and I was about to write my opinion. But seeing the post was of Nov 09, I thought you must have already got the matter clarified and hence did not attempt to reply.

However, on seeing reply of Mr. Sasi, I thought I would add my humble opinion to it -

If a Govt. servant commutes from residence to office every day despite the distance (like From Kalyan to Mumbai in Mumbai city and may be from Chennai to Avadi in Chennai etc) - It is not considered as outstation (and I think HRA is also paid accordingly). However, if a person has his family at say Pune and travels once a week to his residence from duty station, it is considered as an outstation and therefore, invites the rule quoted by Mr. Sasi and 'station leaving permission' is required.

For regular goers, a register can be maintained where an entry can be made and countersigned by superior officer.

[I hope I am right, Mr. Sasi]

Regards

RK Rao

SASI
28-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Dear Friend,

Yesterday I happen to see your post and I was about to write my opinion. But seeing the post was of Nov 09, I thought you must have already got the matter clarified and hence did not attempt to reply.

However, on seeing reply of Mr. Sasi, I thought I would add my humble opinion to it -

If a Govt. servant commutes from residence to office every day despite the distance (like From Kalyan to Mumbai in Mumbai city and may be from Chennai to Avadi in Chennai etc) - It is not considered as outstation (and I think HRA is also paid accordingly). However, if a person has his family at say Pune and travels once a week to his residence from duty station, it is considered as an outstation and therefore, invites the rule quoted by Mr. Sasi and 'station leaving permission' is required.

For regular goers, a register can be maintained where an entry can be made and countersigned by superior officer.

[I hope I am right, Mr. Sasi]

Regards

RK Rao

Dear sir,
Your opinion is absolutely correct. I think no permission to leave headquarters is necessary to travel to our residence since we would have furnished the residence address to the administration. Permission would be necessary when we travel to other places. Even then the permission is not necessary when we mention the purpose and the leave address as quoted from the OMs.

with regards

sasi

RKPATHAK
28-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Permission is need to leave station(.) definintion is other city(.) the distance between two cities is considered 20 kms

merry
30-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Dear Friends Sasi, R.K.Rao and R.K. Pathak,

Thank you very much for the clarification in respect of HeadQuarters leaving permission.

regards
Merry

prasannakumar
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Sir,
I was told in the begining of my service, it is for the safety of the organization and the employee. If an employee is tangled in in some cases, his/her whereabouts play a very important role in the context. If shuttling from hq to residence which is far away goes un-noticed and if there are no complaints, then there will not be any complications. On some occasions, if the official is unable to return to duty in time due to non availability of convayence, bundh etc then obtaining prior permission may safeguard the official "to some extent" my opinion, it is better not to break the rule.

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

prasannakumar
03-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Permission is need to leave station(.) definintion is other city(.) the distance between two cities is considered 20 kms

Dear Mr. Pathak,
In my department, the distance is defined as same municipality/corporation or 6 Km from office, but you say it is 20 Km. Which is true. Can you cite the order please.

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

RKPATHAK
04-08-2010, 10:44 AM
There is differenece between same city and distance 20 km radius. For example Delhi NCR is same city though distance is more than 20 kms No permission is required for lvisiting one [place to other in Delhi itself. On the other hand there are places beyond 20 kms in the same district for slike Dharuhera in Haryana and Bhiwadi in Rajasthan are nearvybut in otherr states. permission is required for visiting one place to other.