PDA

View Full Version : Notional Seniority

anjani
14-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Dear Sir,

I applied for the post of lecturer Chemical Engg. in technical education Dept.of UP govt in response to Add released by Public Service Commission U P in the year 1998.The add was having vacancies for other trades also in technical education department it self.I was called for interview in year 2003 ,given posting in May'2005.Persons who have applied for vacancies in other trades in this add. got postings in year 1998 itself .On latter dates more adds were released for vacancies for chemical engg. & other trades also in technical education department .People applied against these adds of latter dates also got appointment to much earlier dates, also some adhoc people were given regular appointment .By this I have become junior most in the department .

With this mail I would like to request you to kindly guide me ,how to take up my case for claiming notional seniority.

Thanking you.

Regards.

Anjani Sharma

RKPATHAK
15-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Persons recruited agaisst a vacancy for whom recruitment action started earlier shall rank senior than those inwhose case recrutiemtn action has been taken later

anjani
17-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Dear Mr Pathak
Thanks for your reply ,can I have some references or quotes related to notional seniority.
Anjani

rakeshmehra30
24-07-2010, 11:32 PM
i truely agree with mr pathak u must be senior to others, regarding refence i will try for that. you could also seach in swamy handbooks for government employees

BUMBA
14-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Persons recruited agaisst a vacancy for whom recruitment action started earlier shall rank senior than those inwhose case recrutiemtn action has been taken later

If you are right, then Anjani Sharma is also entitled for higher Pay than their juniors who appointed earlier but against vacancies of later year/date. isn't it?

Your advice is solicited. with Regards.