PDA

View Full Version : Ltc

dey_saugat
09-07-2010, 02:51 PM
I want to avail All India LTC to Ooty via Bangalore/Mysore. I am entitled to travel in IInd AC. I have taken ticket in a private airlines from Delhi to Bangalore and from there I want to go by road. Please tell me how my claim will be restricted. Moreover is auto/taxi fare from residence to airport/railway station and back reimbursable.

RKPATHAK
09-07-2010, 07:02 PM
AC 2 Tier train fare between Delhi and Bangalore is Rs 1950 by Karnataka Express. You will get this for journey from Delhi to Bangalore. From Bangalore to Mysore and ooty you can take Airawat from Kempegowda (Majestic) Bus Stand which is just closed at Banglore Railway Station. The fare is Rs 250. Local journey between residence to railway station/airport is not admissible.

dey_saugat
12-07-2010, 02:41 PM
But why I will get train fare in karnataka express and not by Rajdhani express.

RKPATHAK
12-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Train fare for Rajdhani & Shatabdi Express is admissible only when journey is actually performed by these trains. Since you are not travelling by Rajdhani Express your claim be restricted to the other Train, say for example Karnataka Express. See LTC Rules (Journey by train)

dey_saugat
12-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Kindly refer to OM No. 31011/2/2006-Estt (A) dt. 3rd December 2007 reg. clarification of reimbursement of fare in r/o air travel by non-entitled officers. Certain points were raised by govt. servants/ministries to which clarifications were given by DoP&T. One points was raised as to whether for non-entitled officers travelling by air, claims can be restricted for rajdhani/shatabdi express. To which DOPT has said YES provided the govt. servant is entitled to travel by such trains and places visited by air is directly connected by rajdhani/shatabdi.

ramanrao60
20-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Train fare for Rajdhani & Shatabdi Express is admissible only when journey is actually performed by these trains. Since you are not travelling by Rajdhani Express your claim be restricted to the other Train, say for example Karnataka Express. See LTC Rules (Journey by train)

this condition has been relaxed by govt and if the shortest direct route
has rajdhani/shatabdi plying then the fare can be taken as basis for working entitlement