PDA

View Full Version : Increment for a year fully served but retired as on 30th June

gconnect
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Mr.Bala Prasad asked ([email protected] ([email protected]))

In 6th pay commission the increment date was fixed on Ist July of every year in such a case if a person retired on 30 June of the year, is he not loosing the increment for that year i.e. at the time of retirement. when a person serving for a complete year, why cant he/she get their last and final increment ? Justification is required in this connction. Kindly enlighten me in this regard. Whom should we approch in this regard kindly reply

tvenkatam
07-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Mr.Bala Prasad asked ([email protected] ([email protected]))

In 6th pay commission the increment date was fixed on Ist July of every year in such a case if a person retired on 30 June of the year, is he not loosing the increment for that year i.e. at the time of retirement. when a person serving for a complete year, why cant he/she get their last and final increment ? Justification is required in this connction. Kindly enlighten me in this regard. Whom should we approch in this regard kindly reply

Dear Administrator,

This aspect was already raised and discussed in other threads of the forum.

In the earlier dispensation prevailing before 01.01.2006, the annual increment was granted on 1st day of the month in which the employee joins the service or earns promotion. In the case of an employee whose month of increment immediately follows the month of birth, the retirement will be on the last day of the month immediately preceding the month of increment. To be specific, an employee who joined service in July (with annual increment in July each year) and with date of birth falling in the month of June will have to retire on superannuation on the last day of June. He will not have the benefit of annual increment maturing the next day after retirement.

Similarly in the revised pay structure as well, an employee with date of birth falling in June retires on the last day of the month, just one day before his next increment falls due. This is inevitable. In a system where the month of increment and the month of retirement are not linked, there will exist both the cases of retirement on 30th day of increment and 365th day of increment. Even if the proposed uniform biannual(six monthly) retirement dates of 30th June and 31st December are accepted for implementation, some retirees will be completing full term of six months while some others retire in the same month of increment which will again be the cause for concern.

The situation now is, therefore, no different from what it was earlier.

RKPATHAK
07-07-2010, 07:15 PM
By giving uniform date of increment 1 july the central pay commission has done unjustice to the persons joining or retiring between january and june(.) the matter need be taken up at the appropriate level

prasannakumar
07-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Sir,
I fully agree with Mr. Pathakji. The anomaly committee may take up this matter and find a way out in such a way that the officials retiring between January to June are not deprived of the benefit of increment because this is not a small amount.

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

R K Rao
07-07-2010, 08:59 PM
My feeling is - If the Govt. wanted to reduce the work involved in the granting of increment all around the year, it could have fixed two dates for Annual increment -

Those who joined service from 01 Jan to 30 Jun - 01 Jan

Those who joined service from 01 Jul to 31 Dec - 01 Jul

This would have been accepted by all and would not have caused so much heart burn that is caused now.

Similarly, the retirement dates could have also been two

Those who joined service from 01 Jan to 30 Jun - 30 Jun

Those who joined service from 01 Jul to 31 Dec - 31 Dec

How is it?

Rgds

RK Rao

Kanaujiaml
08-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I fully agree with what has been said in the post by tventakam. Situation is no different than what it was earlier except that earlier it was happening to those only who used to retire one month earlier than their month of increment. Now, those retiring during the month of June , would only be facing this sort of situation.

ramanrao60
10-07-2010, 12:46 PM
with reference to mr rao's reply i reckon that second part of his post needs correction

retirement date has nothing to do with date of joining but depends upon date of birth
so he would have meant those born between 1 jan and 30 jun to retire on 30 jun and 1 jul to 31 dec on 31 dec

moreover all this is wishful thinking at this stage as govt. has already decided on uniform date of AI as 1 st of july

RKPATHAK
10-07-2010, 02:05 PM
To avoid harassment the increment dates should be on quarterly basis,if it is not possible to reintroduce the system of monthly basis

rakeshmehra30
24-07-2010, 11:28 PM
one monuth of increment is done to save the time for each month calculation and lessen the work, if some body is retiring on june 30th he could see it his badluck and what abt people retiring on 31st july, how could we say that he has worked for whole year and deprived of increment , if we start counting the year from 1st july then for this year ur increment was given at the starting and whole year u have worked for that basic and if we are not going serve not even for single day in the next year how could we justify the increment.