PDA

View Full Version : Re-employment doubt

ajitmeitei27
05-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Sir,

Please give me the link of DOP & T memorandum no. 26012/21/2008-ESTT (A) dated 30/12/2008.

One of my mate join my branch on re-employment basis for one year, now he desire to avail LTC along with 10 days leave encashment but the office deny stating that he is not entitle for LTC. His employment order is done as per the above mentioned memorandum & he will be entitle as per this memorandum. His is drawing full pay minus pension. However in this job offer paper,it is also mentioned that his is on contractual basis.

My query is that :

1.Do reemployees are entitle for LTC ?

2.What is the difference between reemployment and contractual, if he is on contractual baisis, will he be entitle LTC ?

Please anybody give me the above mentioned link.

Thanks in advance.

RKPATHAK
05-07-2010, 02:35 PM
A person retired on attaining the age of superannuation and is reemployed shall not be eligible for ltc(.)

tvenkatam
05-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Sir,

Please give me the link of DOP & T memorandum no. 26012/21/2008-ESTT (A) dated 30/12/2008.

One of my mate join my branch on re-employment basis for one year, now he desire to avail LTC along with 10 days leave encashment but the office deny stating that he is not entitle for LTC. His employment order is done as per the above mentioned memorandum & he will be entitle as per this memorandum. His is drawing full pay minus pension. However in this job offer paper,it is also mentioned that his is on contractual basis.

My query is that :

1.Do reemployees are entitle for LTC ?

2.What is the difference between reemployment and contractual, if he is on contractual baisis, will he be entitle LTC ?

Please anybody give me the above mentioned link.

Thanks in advance.

Dear friend,

Following are the excerpts of Rule 1(3) of CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988:

(3) Subject to the provisions of sub-rule (4), these rules shall apply to all persons
(i) who are appointed to civil services and posts including civilian Government servants in the Defence Services in connection with the affairs of the Union;
(ii) who are employed under a State Government and who are on deputation with the Central Government;
(iii) who are appointed on contract basis; and
(iv) who are re-employed after their retirement.

ajitmeitei27
05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Dear friend,

Following are the excerpts of Rule 1(3) of CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988:

“(3) Subject to the provisions of sub-rule (4), these rules shall apply to all persons –
(i) who are appointed to civil services and posts including civilian Government servants in the Defence Services in connection with the affairs of the Union;
(ii) who are employed under a State Government and who are on deputation with the Central Government;
(iii) who are appointed on contract basis; and
(iv) who are re-employed after their retirement.

Thanks for your valuable sharing.

lastly please attempt to provide me the memorandum mentioned above. Thanks you once again..

ajitmeitei27
05-07-2010, 08:52 PM
A person retired on attaining the age of superannuation and is reemployed shall not be eligible for ltc(.)

Thanks for your effort. Please go through the rules.

http://accessindia.org.in/pipermail/accessindia_accessindia.org.in/2008-September/020074.html

RKPATHAK
06-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I never denied grant of ltc to a retiring person. But I again reiterate a person who is reemployed after retirement on attaining the age of his supperanuuanation isl not eligigle for ltc