PDA

View Full Version : Bharat Bandh 5 July 2010

rsk11584
03-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Will government offices be closed on 05 July 2010 on account of Bharat Bandh called by BJP, is there any notification issued regarding this.

RKPATHAK
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
No Government office remain closed on 5 July 2010

prasannakumar
05-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Sir,
CG offices should not be closed on Bharath Bandh day. There is provision that the absence of official shall be considered as dies-non if proved the official is supporting the bundh in any way. However, the official can request for special casual leave from the competent authorities if he/she could not attend office owing to non availability of conveyance due to bundh with supporting documents such as news paper cuttings etc.

Regards
Prassanna Kumar

usvatsan
05-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Friends,
I am working in Govt. Of India, Ministry of Finance, Dept of Revenue. My wife is employed in a Public Sector Organisation, LIC of India. I want somebody to clarify whether we can avail the LTC benifits simultaneously. Though we will not duplicate the claim for the same journey in both the offices my doubt is whether we can avail LTC and claim the benifit for two different journeys at two different time but probably covering the same block year one at my office and another at her office. I think it should be given as the Service Conditions and Rules of both of us are governed differently.
Can anybody clarify????? with authority.
USVATSAN

RKPATHAK
05-07-2010, 01:23 PM
So far as i feel in lic there is facility of leave travel allowance not the leave travel concession(.) in case where both husband and wife are employed in two different organisations, they have the option to choose either of the facility available in the concerned department(.) they cannot opt for the two

tvenkatam
05-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Friends,
I am working in Govt. Of India, Ministry of Finance, Dept of Revenue. My wife is employed in a Public Sector Organisation, LIC of India. I want somebody to clarify whether we can avail the LTC benifits simultaneously. Though we will not duplicate the claim for the same journey in both the offices my doubt is whether we can avail LTC and claim the benifit for two different journeys at two different time but probably covering the same block year one at my office and another at her office. I think it should be given as the Service Conditions and Rules of both of us are governed differently.
Can anybody clarify????? with authority.
USVATSAN

Dear friend,
Following are the excerpts of DOPT OM No. 31011/8/89-Est.(A), dated 08.05.1990
“LTC when both husband and wife are Government servants and are residing together.
According to the definition of family as given under rule 4, which is applicable, in travel inter alia, for the purpose of admissibility of LTC, the family of a Government servant includes wife or husband, as the case may be, residing with the Government servant and children residing with and wholly dependent upon the Govt. servant. In addition, it includes the parents, sisters and minor brothers, if residing with and wholly dependent upon the Government servant.
According to the existing position where both husband and wife are Govt. servants and are residing together, they constitute one family unit for the purpose of LTC and only one of them can claim this concession and the other spouse travels as a member of his/her family. In such a case, the Govt. servants are required to make a joint declaration of a common hometown, which can be the hometown of either of the spouses or a third place. Therefore, the spouse who avails the LTC as member of family of the other could not claim the benefit separately for his/her own parents or dependent minor brothers and sisters even if they were residing with him/her. On the other hand, where a couple, both being Govt. servants, are residing separately can claim the benefit of LTC individually for their dependent parents, minor brothers and sisters and also declare two separate places as their respective hometowns. Therefore, the husband and wife when both are Govt. employees and are staying together suffer from certain disadvantages inasmuch as they have to declare common hometown and only one of them can claim the benefit of LTC. The matter has been considered in consultation with Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) and it has been decided that where husband and wife both are Govt. servants, they could, at their option, choose to declare separate hometown and both of them may claim the concession separately under the normal provisions of CCS (LTC) Rules in respect of the members of their respective families subject to the condition that if husband or wife avails the facility as a member of the family of the other, he or she will not be entitled for claiming the concession for self independently. Similarly, the children shall be eligible for the benefit in one particular block as members of the family of one of the parents only. All other conditions for admissibility of the LTC shall continue to be applicable as per normal provisions of the scheme.
The above decision will be applicable to the journeys performed for availing the LTC against the block years 1990-91 onwards”

RKPATHAK
06-07-2010, 09:13 AM
This is what i would like to say

usvatsan
06-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Sir, (tvenkatam)
I got your Point and it is applicable I suppose only in case when both Husband and Wife are Central Government Employees governed by the same set of Service Rules. In the instant case, what if, Husband is a Central Government Employee who is governed by a separate set of Service Rules and Wife is an employee of Public Sector Organisation who is governed by a different set of Service Rules and Benefits. Just because the Husband is eligible for a benefit under his Service Condition does it mean that Wife who will otherwise be a rightful claimant of a different welfare measure on account of her employer's Obligation should be deprived of that benefit. I understand that both should not claim for the same Trip with the same ticket. But they should not be deprived of the benefits for different trips on different dates for each member of the family. I think Both benefits should not be Unjustly denied. There will be instances when a private sector employee who will be enriched by cash encashment of LTC benifits even if spouse is otherwise availing LTC benifits. Is there any clarification for this discrimination????

Dear friend,
Following are the excerpts of DOPT OM No. 31011/8/89-Est.(A), dated 08.05.1990
“LTC when both husband and wife are Government servants and are residing together.
According to the definition of family as given under rule 4, which is applicable, in travel inter alia, for the purpose of admissibility of LTC, the family of a Government servant includes wife or husband, as the case may be, residing with the Government servant and children residing with and wholly dependent upon the Govt. servant. In addition, it includes the parents, sisters and minor brothers, if residing with and wholly dependent upon the Government servant.
According to the existing position where both husband and wife are Govt. servants and are residing together, they constitute one family unit for the purpose of LTC and only one of them can claim this concession and the other spouse travels as a member of his/her family. In such a case, the Govt. servants are required to make a joint declaration of a common hometown, which can be the hometown of either of the spouses or a third place. Therefore, the spouse who avails the LTC as member of family of the other could not claim the benefit separately for his/her own parents or dependent minor brothers and sisters even if they were residing with him/her. On the other hand, where a couple, both being Govt. servants, are residing separately can claim the benefit of LTC individually for their dependent parents, minor brothers and sisters and also declare two separate places as their respective hometowns. Therefore, the husband and wife when both are Govt. employees and are staying together suffer from certain disadvantages inasmuch as they have to declare common hometown and only one of them can claim the benefit of LTC. The matter has been considered in consultation with Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) and it has been decided that where husband and wife both are Govt. servants, they could, at their option, choose to declare separate hometown and both of them may claim the concession separately under the normal provisions of CCS (LTC) Rules in respect of the members of their respective families subject to the condition that if husband or wife avails the facility as a member of the family of the other, he or she will not be entitled for claiming the concession for self independently. Similarly, the children shall be eligible for the benefit in one particular block as members of the family of one of the parents only. All other conditions for admissibility of the LTC shall continue to be applicable as per normal provisions of the scheme.
The above decision will be applicable to the journeys performed for availing the LTC against the block years 1990-91 onwards”

tvenkatam
06-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Sir, (tvenkatam)
I got your Point and it is applicable I suppose only in case when both Husband and Wife are Central Government Employees governed by the same set of Service Rules. In the instant case, what if, Husband is a Central Government Employee who is governed by a separate set of Service Rules and Wife is an employee of Public Sector Organisation who is governed by a different set of Service Rules and Benefits. Just because the Husband is eligible for a benefit under his Service Condition does it mean that Wife who will otherwise be a rightful claimant of a different welfare measure on account of her employer's Obligation should be deprived of that benefit. I understand that both should not claim for the same Trip with the same ticket. But they should not be deprived of the benefits for different trips on different dates for each member of the family. I think Both benefits should not be Unjustly denied. There will be instances when a private sector employee who will be enriched by cash encashment of LTC benifits even if spouse is otherwise availing LTC benifits. Is there any clarification for this discrimination????

Dear Friend,

I have already reproduced the portion of relevant rules on the subject.

To further clarify your doubts, please refer to the following certificates you are required to furnish at the time of submission of LTC claim.
CERTIFIED THAT-
1. The information as given above is true to the best of my knowledge and belief;
2. That my husband/wife is not employed in Government service/that my husband/wife is employed in Government service and the concession has not been availed of by him/her separately for himself/herself or for any of the family members for the concerned block of years……………to……………………….
3. That my husband/wife for whom LTC is claimed by me is employed in………..(name of the Public Sector Undertaking/Corporation/Autonomous Body. Etc.), which provides Leave Travel Concession facilities but he/she has not preferred and will not prefer, any claim in this behalf to his/her employer; and
4. That my husband/wife for whom LTC is claimed by me is not employed in any Public Sector Undertaking/Corporation/Autonomous Body. Financed wholly or partly by the Central Government or a Local Body, which provides Leave Travel Concession facilities to its employees and their families.

usvatsan
06-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Dear Friend,
I have also seen that. I pre-assumed that the words used in the Certificate is "CLAIM" and not the scheme itself. It pertains to that particular claim only. Obviously as I already wrote in the earlier quote, no-body will prefer two claims concurrently for the same journey!!!!. If the words CLAIM is construed as "SCHEME" itself, I feel it is disastrous.

Dear Friend,

I have already reproduced the portion of relevant rules on the subject.

To further clarify your doubts, please refer to the following certificates you are required to furnish at the time of submission of LTC claim.
CERTIFIED THAT-
1. The information as given above is true to the best of my knowledge and belief;
2. That my husband/wife is not employed in Government service/that my husband/wife is employed in Government service and the concession has not been availed of by him/her separately for himself/herself or for any of the family members for the concerned block of years……………to……………………….
3. That my husband/wife for whom LTC is claimed by me is employed in………..(name of the Public Sector Undertaking/Corporation/Autonomous Body. Etc.), which provides Leave Travel Concession facilities but he/she has not preferred and will not prefer, any claim in this behalf to his/her employer; and
4. That my husband/wife for whom LTC is claimed by me is not employed in any Public Sector Undertaking/Corporation/Autonomous Body. Financed wholly or partly by the Central Government or a Local Body, which provides Leave Travel Concession facilities to its employees and their families.

tvenkatam
06-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Dear Friend,
I have also seen that. I pre-assumed that the words used in the Certificate is "CLAIM" and not the scheme itself. It pertains to that particular claim only. Obviously as I already wrote in the earlier quote, no-body will prefer two claims concurrently for the same journey!!!!. If the words CLAIM is construed as "SCHEME" itself, I feel it is disastrous.

Dear friend,

How about certificate number 4 ?

usvatsan
14-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Dear friend,

How about certificate number 4 ?

I understand the rules. But my doubt is not that. I will further explain my doubt. for example I with my family member for a particular block year travel to say Delhi from Madras and claim LTC benefits for myself and my wife being the member of "my family" in my office under LTC rules. Suppose I travel during the same block year on a different date to a different place say Kolkatta Can the benefits for the travel under LTC for the same block year but to a different place/date can be claimed by my wife for me being a member of her "family" under the rules goverened by her in her office.

RKPATHAK
15-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Where both husband and wife are employed ltc can be claimed from one source only

jaleelethiyil
22-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Dear seniors,
As per LTC rule, spouse of railway servant is not eligible for ltc even working in different stations.This rule creats so many difficulties for working couples.Criteria for availing 1st class railway previlage pass is higher than that of ltc.Parents will not come in the definition of family in railway pass rule.Railway pass is issued from one place to another place and back for family which is creating problem for couples working in seperate places.
Flight traveling facility available to NE,J&K and island destination is not available for spouses of railway servants.

RKPATHAK
22-07-2010, 09:49 AM
LTC not admissible to the staff whose spouse are employed in railways or in airlines

rakeshmehra30
23-07-2010, 11:54 PM
dear rsk no govt office remain officially closed on any bandh called by any party, but the attendence is low