PDA

View Full Version : LTC- Clarification required on Travel Route

gconnect
26-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Mr.George Raju asked

I have availed NER LTC to Dimapur with family by surrendering Home Town LTC in the Block year 2008-09 My Grade Pay is Rs.4800/- I have traveled from Bhubaneswar to Kolkatta and from Kolkatta to Dimapur by air. While returning, I traveled from Dimapur to Kolkatta by Indian Airlines and from Kolkatta to Chennai by Indigo airlines. From Chennai I traveled to Trivandrum and back to Bhubaneswar by train. No advance was paid to me for the LTC to NER.
The office has reimbursed me air fare from Bhubaneswar – Kolkatta – Dimapur and return journey from Dimapur to Kolkota only. From Kolkatta to Bhubaneswarr, it has reimbursed me train fare by 2AC. When I enquired as to why air fare is not paid to me from Kolkatta to Bhubaneswar, I am informed as follows:
1) that my entire stretch of return journey from Kolkatta – Chennai -Trivandrum and back to Bhubaneswar is taken as one trip partly by air and partly by train.
2) that while returning, I have not landed at Bhubaneswar or terminated my journey at Bhubaneswar. As per Swamy’s publication of LTC rules, reimbursement of claim is to be made as follows: “To home/declared destination and back – In every case, the journey should be to the home/declared destination and back, but it need not necessarily commence from or end at the headquarters of the Government servant either in his own case or in the case of the family. But the assistance admissible will be the amount admissible for the actual distance traveled, limited to the amount that would have been admissible had the journey been performed between the headquarters and the ‘home’ of the Government servant or declared destination “ – Chapter VIII Para 3 of Rule 7, GID(1), of Swamy’s compilation.
Can some one clarify the position please?

RKPATHAK
26-06-2010, 01:57 PM
As per govt of india order dated 11 March 2010, where a government servant travel by another airlines, his claim be restricted to train fare. Journey by Air India or Indian Airlines is admissible

tvenkatam
27-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Mr.George Raju asked

I have availed NER LTC to Dimapur with family by surrendering Home Town LTC in the Block year 2008-09 My Grade Pay is Rs.4800/- I have traveled from Bhubaneswar to Kolkatta and from Kolkatta to Dimapur by air. While returning, I traveled from Dimapur to Kolkatta by Indian Airlines and from Kolkatta to Chennai by Indigo airlines. From Chennai I traveled to Trivandrum and back to Bhubaneswar by train. No advance was paid to me for the LTC to NER.
The office has reimbursed me air fare from Bhubaneswar – Kolkatta – Dimapur and return journey from Dimapur to Kolkota only. From Kolkatta to Bhubaneswarr, it has reimbursed me train fare by 2AC. When I enquired as to why air fare is not paid to me from Kolkatta to Bhubaneswar, I am informed as follows:
1) that my entire stretch of return journey from Kolkatta – Chennai -Trivandrum and back to Bhubaneswar is taken as one trip partly by air and partly by train.
2) that while returning, I have not landed at Bhubaneswar or terminated my journey at Bhubaneswar. As per Swamy’s publication of LTC rules, reimbursement of claim is to be made as follows: “To home/declared destination and back – In every case, the journey should be to the home/declared destination and back, but it need not necessarily commence from or end at the headquarters of the Government servant either in his own case or in the case of the family. But the assistance admissible will be the amount admissible for the actual distance traveled, limited to the amount that would have been admissible had the journey been performed between the headquarters and the ‘home’ of the Government servant or declared destination “ – Chapter VIII Para 3 of Rule 7, GID(1), of Swamy’s compilation.
Can some one clarify the position please?

Dear Friend,

The query relates to admissibility of claim for return journey between Dimapur-Bhubaneswar. The journey was actually performed by a longer round-about route Dimapur-Kolkatta by air; Kolkata-Chennai by air; Chennai-Trivandrum by rail and Trivandrum-Bhubaneswar also by rail.

The claim was limited to Dimapur-Kolkata by air and Kolkata-Bhubaneswar by entitled rail fare (2AC).

When the Government servant performs the journey by a longer route in two different classes of accommodation, the entitled class rate will be admissible for the corresponding proportion of the shortest or the cheapest route and the lower class rate for the remaining mileage by such route.

(i) Claim for which rail fare is admissible-
Distance actually traveled by rail (2AC)  Total distance by the shortest route (Dimapur-Bhubaneswar)  Total distance by the longer route (Dimapur-Trivandrum-Bhubaneswar)

ii) Claim for which air fare is admissible-
Distance actually travelled by air  Total distance by the shortest route  Total distance by the longer route

If this (above) rule is applied, the admissible amount will be too low compared to what was actually re-imbursed. Your office has been liberal enough to admit full airfare between Dimapur-Kolkata and fare by entitled class by rail between Kolkata-Bhubaneswar.