PDA

View Full Version : During LTC, private taxi in Northeast Sector Tshangu

apjayanap
20-06-2010, 11:46 AM
sir, i availed all india ltc to the northeast sector in the block year 2006-2009 on 6/5/2010. my declared place of visit was Tshangu, the nearest air port is at bagdogra. i went up to bagdogra by indian airlines and from bagdogra to tshangu via gangtok through a private tourist taxi and back to the air port in the same taxi, then i came back to kochi by indian airlnes. the indian airlines ticket charge for our four member family is Rs 1,33,080/ (one lakh thirty three thousand and eighty only) and Rs 3000/ for the taxi fare i paid for my journey from bagdogra to tshangu and back to bagdogra. i have not recieved, the ltc advance from the office, though i applied for advance. after my completion of the ltc, i submitted my ltc claim, our office declined the claim, saying that, while on ltc trip you cannot travel by a private taxi, so your entire ltc claim will be forefieted. and they sent to the DG office, at new delhi for further clarification. i don't know when it will come back and when iam going to get my ltc claim get reimbursed. please sir help me in this regard.
thank you.

Ramnath
20-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Dear apanjan,
First of all, I pity you. Having gone for so long, you should have taken advance as the amount involved is huge. In our office, we see to it that advance is paid by cheque to the officer within 5 working days.

No problem. The contention of your office is completely wrong. They cannot reject the entire claim. Only the portion of journey (taxi trip to Tsongo/Gangtok and back to bagdogra) is alone not admissible. If you had travelled by point to point service (taxi) recognised by concerned state govt authorities/tourism, you are eligible to limit of bus fare opererated in that sector. ANYHOW, Dont worry. You are eligible to get your airfare fully reimbursed leaving the taxi fare not reimbursed.

Your office people should have admitted the claim with reimbursement limited to airfare alone (if u had travelled by Air India by eligible class limited to LTC80 fare).

Ramnath

RKPATHAK
20-06-2010, 09:37 PM
you should have taken pre-paid taxi from wbtdc counter at bagdogra airport itself from where you would have got ltc certificate to enable you to claim. Any way now you have to forgo your taxi fare

grprajapati
24-07-2010, 01:29 PM
sir, i availed all india ltc to the northeast sector in the block year 2006-2009 on 6/5/2010. my declared place of visit was Tshangu, the nearest air port is at bagdogra. i went up to bagdogra by indian airlines and from bagdogra to tshangu via gangtok through a private tourist taxi and back to the air port in the same taxi, then i came back to kochi by indian airlnes. the indian airlines ticket charge for our four member family is Rs 1,33,080/ (one lakh thirty three thousand and eighty only) and Rs 3000/ for the taxi fare i paid for my journey from bagdogra to tshangu and back to bagdogra. i have not recieved, the ltc advance from the office, though i applied for advance. after my completion of the ltc, i submitted my ltc claim, our office declined the claim, saying that, while on ltc trip you cannot travel by a private taxi, so your entire ltc claim will be forefieted. and they sent to the DG office, at new delhi for further clarification. i don't know when it will come back and when iam going to get my ltc claim get reimbursed. please sir help me in this regard.
thank you.
There is no other means of convence is available(as bannenedor not allowed by sikkim Govt ) so u will get taxi fair from Gangtok toTshangu and back to Gangkok, U will not get any thing for Bagdogra to gangtok. u will get air fair. ur office r very negative

RKPATHAK
26-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I allready told you that there is counter of wbtdc from where you can get taxi for rs 1550 ltc approved and at gangtok there is also a prepaid counter from wehere you get taxi for tsango lake(.) since in the present case you have not touched the declared point by public vehicle your office can restrict your claim to nearest airport, i.e.. Bagdogra(.) you may represent accordingly

jain7
08-11-2010, 03:50 PM
If govt vechle not available in that sector so why not pvt taxi allowed r k jain

RKPATHAK
09-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Counter of state tourism is always available at all airports and major railway stations

jvpanpatil
19-12-2011, 10:00 AM
I availed LTC with my family ( 4 members )for N.E. ,during Dec,2009. From Bagdogra civil Air Terminal (Airport) We engaged pre- paid taxi (Under Govt. of West Bangal ,Motor Vehicles Dept,Darjeeling) for Gangtok for Rs.1500/-.from Gangtok to Nathula Bypass (which was LTC destination ),We engaged Taxi from travels (Regd. & recognised by Govt. of Sikkim ) as Sikkim tourism Dept does not conduct any tours in State. and there is no Govt. transportation service from Gangtok to Nathula. taxi charged Rs. 2000/- for 4 person for to and fro travel .

While performing return journey,We traveled by 'Gangtok Taxi jeep service' and Rs 1500/- paid for the same.
I got Certificate issued by Deputy Secretary (I&P)Tourism Dept.Govt. Sikkim ,Gangtok.Stating that State tourism Dept does not conduct any tours in the State.all the tours are conducted by Govt. approved travel agebts .It is further certified that there is no state transport from Gangtok to Bagdogra Airport.[/FONT]
I submit my LTC claim to the office and its accepted. But recently Internal Audit (SZ ) visited to our office and raised following objection.]Comment by Audit:
It was seen that,Sh. J.V. Panpatil,Manager while on the LTC to North East Region has traveled by taxi from Bagdogra Airport to the place of visit Nathulla and back to Bagdogra by taxi and had paid charges of Rs.5000/- which was reimbursed to him.
As per taxi receipts enclosed with the claim ,it was seen that the Travels has been recognized for tourism purpose only. Further ,in the certificate issued by the State Govt. of Sikkim ,the Sikkim Govt.has mentioned that they are not operating any vehicle for tourism purpose and they have recognized the private vehicle for tourism purpose.
From the certificate of the State Govt. ,it is clear that the private taxi operators had been recognized for tourism purpose only ,ie as charted vehicle. The taxis have not been permitted by the Sikkim Govt.,transport authority to ply regularly from point to point on regular basis. Hence the taxi charges of Rs. 5000/-reimbursed to him is not in order and therefore, it is may be recovered from him.
please tell me whether ,I am entitle to get full reimbursement ?... .J.V.PANPATIL,Manager,S&DD,MIB,CHENNAI([email protected])

RKPATHAK
20-12-2011, 11:20 AM
These are OK

jvpanpatil
21-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Dear Pathakji....

what is O.K. ? My claim or Audit objection?
please reply and guide.....
J.V.Panpatil.

RKPATHAK
22-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Audit objection is not is not in order, provided you hired taxi from WBTDC taxi counter at Bagdogra Airport and Vajra Taxi Stand at Gangtok and obtained certificate "LTC Approved" on the receipt itself

mauryavip
24-06-2014, 07:15 PM
you should have taken pre-paid taxi from wbtdc counter at bagdogra airport itself from where you would have got ltc certificate to enable you to claim. Any way now you have to forgo your taxi fare

RK Pathak Sir, could you please be kind enough to elaborate the following:

1. the basis of the ruling which makes it compulsory to avail of the services of Govt. transport only during LTC tour? What is the problem if the expenditures on Private Transport is restricted to the fares of Govt. Transport?

2. as per your observations, Pre-paid taxi is approved for use during LTC tour. We know that those taxies are owned and run by private authorities only but made available to the general public by the traffic police/ other govt. authorities on receipt of additional service charge. Then how come such private vehicles become equivalent to public vehicles on payment of some service charge only to some govt. authorities? and why should one not hire that same taxi directly from the owner (private authorities) to reduce the expenditure on service-charge?

Hope these genuine queries are able to draw your kind attention. Thanks.

RKPATHAK
03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
In fact there is a counter of WBTDC at Bagdogra Airport in arrival hall. One can take taxi from there to go to Sikkim which is admissible under LTC rules