PDA

View Full Version : Child Care Leave

Sunil Elencheri
16-06-2010, 07:31 PM
It has been reported that the Child Care Leave has been made a leave without pay. Is it true or merely a rumour. Pls let me know whether any order to this effect has been issued.

Victor
03-08-2010, 12:55 PM
It has been reported that the Child Care Leave has been made a leave without pay. Is it true or merely a rumour. Pls let me know whether any order to this effect has been issued.

No this is not true. Pay is admissible during Child Care Leave. No modifications have been issued in this regad

Victor
(pva)

RKPATHAK
03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
In fact child care leave is the outcome of recommendations of UNICEF, who in order to encourage breast feeding suggested that maternity leave be for tweo years. Many countries havae accepted this in toto. However, in India vote bank is supreme, therefore the govt in order to please a particular section of employees, introduced child care leave, which is a kind of other leaves. It is a bonanza for women employee

naukar
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
The Govt. vide their OM dated 7.9.2010 have deleted the condition that CCL can be availed only if the employee concerned has no Earned Leave at her credit, subject to the following conditions:-
CCL may not be granted in more than 3 spells in a calendar year.

(ii) CCL may not be granted for less than 15 days.

(iii) CCL should not ordinarily be granted during the probation period except in case of certain extreme situations where the leave sanctioning authority is fully satisfied about the need of Child Care Leave to the probationer. It may also be ensured that the period for which this leave is sanctioned during probation is minimal.

3. It is reiterated that the leave is to be treated like Earned Leave and sanctioned as such.

4. These orders take effect from 1.9.2008.

Ref: Order No. 13018 /1/2010-Estt. (Leave)
from Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training) dated the 7th September, 2010

prasannakumar
07-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Dear g.connectors

This circular is available at following link

http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/Estt/13018_1_2010-Estt.-Leave.pdf

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

Victor
07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
The Govt. vide their OM dated 7.9.2010 have deleted the condition that CCL can be availed only if the employee concerned has no Earned Leave at her credit, subject to the following conditions:-
CCL may not be granted in more than 3 spells in a calendar year.

(iii) CCL should not ordinarily be granted during the probation period except in case of certain extreme situations where the leave sanctioning authority is fully satisfied about the need of Child Care Leave to the probationer. It may also be ensured that the period for which this leave is sanctioned during probation is minimal.

3. It is reiterated that the leave is to be treated like Earned Leave and sanctioned as such.

4. These orders take effect from 1.9.2008.

Ref: Order No. 13018 /1/2010-Estt. (Leave)
from Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training) dated the 7th September, 2010

Finally better sense has prevailed in the DOPT and MOF. This order rectifies the anomaly on the subject and also is a balanced decision. This will definitely bring some cheer to all our lady employees.

Let's hope similar balanced and judicious decisions are taken in case of other anomalies which would benefit many personnel.

Victor

Ramnath
07-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Real bonus for women employees. But, male colleagues whose wives work in private or other organisations and also those who have lost their wives, have not been given any consideration. Hence, they (all male colleagues) alone will have drain on EL to take care of their children at times of need. It should have been extended (with some conditions atleast) to male employees to the extent of 25% of the leave period (I mean 180 days) in one's service.

Atleast Medical leave after 55 years should have been granted (I mean half pay leave) atleast 40 days per year (for the last 5 years till 60 years) irrespective of gender.

Ramnath

ramanrao60
08-09-2010, 04:42 PM
the full order:

No. 13018 /1/2010-Estt. (Leave)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)

New Delhi, the 7th September, 2010

Office Memorandum

Sub: Child Care Leave in respect of Central Government employees as a result of Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations - Clarification regarding

The undersigned is directed to say that this Department has been receiving representations from Government Servants through various quarters like the Public Grievances Cell/Associations etc requesting to review the decision to allow Child Care Leave (CCL) only if the employee has no E.L. at her credit.

2. This Department's O.M. No.13018/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated 11/09/2008 regarding introduction of Child Care Leave in respect of Central Government employees and subsequent clarifications vide O.Ms. dated 29/9/2008, 18/11/2008 and 2/12/2008 were reviewed.

It has now been decided in consultation with Department of Expenditure, to delete the condition that CCL can be availed only if the employee concerned has no Earned Leave at her credit, subject to the following conditions:-

(i) CCL may not be granted in more than 3 spells in a calendar year.

4. These orders take effect from 1.9.2008. Earned Leave, if any, availed by women employees before availing CCL subsequent to the issue of the OM 13018/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated 18/11/2008 may be adjusted against CCL, if so requested by the employee.

5. Hindi version will follow.

(Simmi R.Nakra)
Director

gdd
14-09-2010, 08:31 PM
There is some confusion in my office about para 4 of the subject order. Can all the EL taken after 18/11/08 be converted as CCL, on the request of the employee? I had exhausted all my EL and then availed CCL during the board exams of my daughter in Mar 2009. Please clarify.

Victor
15-09-2010, 11:55 AM
There is some confusion in my office about para 4 of the subject order. Can all the EL taken after 18/11/08 be converted as CCL, on the request of the employee? I had exhausted all my EL and then availed CCL during the board exams of my daughter in Mar 2009. Please clarify.

If you have exhausted your EL after 18/11/2008 so as to be eligible for availing CCL, then the same can be converted into CCL with retrospective effect.

You may apply to your admin for converting the EL availed into CCL.

Victor

gdd
11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Sir, I had applied to my Personnel Branch for converting the EL into CCL. A few of my colleagues also have requested for the same. However, our PB states that conversion can be made only if i) LAP (i.e EL in Rlys.) immediately followed by CCL eg. if 5 days LAP immediately followed by CCL, then only those 5 days can be converted or (ii) if the past LAP application states that the leave is specifically for taking care of the child.
Please enlighten me on whether this condition is being followed for conversion elsewhere and if any of my colleagues working in Railways have been able to get the conversion done. Please help.

Victor
12-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Sir, I had applied to my Personnel Branch for converting the EL into CCL. A few of my colleagues also have requested for the same. However, our PB states that conversion can be made only if i) LAP (i.e EL in Rlys.) immediately followed by CCL eg. if 5 days LAP immediately followed by CCL, then only those 5 days can be converted or (ii) if the past LAP application states that the leave is specifically for taking care of the child.
Please enlighten me on whether this condition is being followed for conversion elsewhere and if any of my colleagues working in Railways have been able to get the conversion done. Please help.

There is no specific condition in the DOPT order that CCL availed should be in continuation of EL which was exhausted. However, the grounds on which the EL was availed has to be in my opinion related to taking care or any needs of the child, so as to convert it into CCL.

Victor

Alok Kumar Bansal
19-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Dear sir ,
My wife is a jbt tr in Haryana Edu. Deptt.and now she is wished to take her CCL bcos my child is only of 6 months in she is just completed her Maternity Leave. Please tell mr that how can she applied for that one and what are the formalities for that.

RKPATHAK
19-11-2011, 07:26 PM
She has to submit an application to he cadre controlling authority

Alok Kumar Bansal
20-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Sir for CCL had she comleted her Earned Leave first!!!

Victor
20-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Sir for CCL had she comleted her Earned Leave first!!!

The rules have since been modified. Exhausting of EL is no longer a pre-condition. Refer OM dated 7.9.2010 (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/13018_1_2010-Estt.-Leave.pdf)

Victor

Alok Kumar Bansal
23-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanx Victor Sir bt I m a employee in Haryana edu. deptt.

jaleelethiyil
24-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Sir,
Whether woman employee can avail CCL for the child born before joining in service.

Victor
24-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Sir,
Whether woman employee can avail CCL for the child born before joining in service.

There is no condition in the rules that the child should be born after joining service.

Victor

R K Rao
21-04-2012, 09:43 PM
A lady has applied for CCL to take her son for cricket practice. The son is aged around 12 years. Can this be granted? If yes, how and if not, under what auth?

RKPATHAK
21-04-2012, 11:00 PM
The basic idea of child care leave is to encourage breast feeding on the recommendations of unicef but in india it has been granted as a bonanza for woman employees which is being misused and nothing can be done

RKPATHAK
21-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Basic idea of Child care leave is to encourage breast feeding on the recommendations but in India it has been granted as bonanza for woman employee and is being misused. Nothing can be done against these rascal politicians

Victor
22-04-2012, 09:19 PM
A lady has applied for CCL to take her son for cricket practice. The son is aged around 12 years. Can this be granted? If yes, how and if not, under what auth?

Child Care Leave (CCL) can be granted for taking CARE of two children whether for:

(a) rearing; or
(b) look after any of their needs like examination, sickness, etc.

The crucial and the most important pre-condition in this matter is "Care". The Leave Sanctioning Authority has to apply its mind as to whether the purpose for CCL indicated by the lady employee in her application is in consonance with the letter and spirit behind CCL.

In my view 'cricket practice' would not exactly fit into the definition of CCL.

Victor

R K Rao
22-04-2012, 11:09 PM
The Leave Sanctioning Authority has to apply its mind as to whether the purpose for CCL indicated by the lady employee in her application is in consonance with the letter and spirit behind CCL.....

The basic idea of child care leave is to encourage breast feeding on the recommendations of unicef but in india it has been granted as a bonanza for woman employees which is being misused and nothing can be done.....

The Leave sanctioning authority is NOT at all in favour of granting the leave. He hates such gross misuse. But wants to be sure that he CAN refuse the leave.
Hence was the query.

As usual, my thanks to you, both, Sirs.

RK

mehndi
04-07-2012, 09:57 AM
hello sir,
i am a teacher. last year in june 2011 i applied for CCL for the care and rearing of my ten months old daughter but though recommended by my HOS i was denied CCL and was forced to be on EOL for almost eight months to take care of my infant daughter. The reason for EOL was also " to take care of my infant daughter". Can I get it converted into CCL retrospectively???
Regards

RKPATHAK
04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Normally CCL should not have denied. You can get it convert your EOL into child care leave but kindly see whether your office reconds it

mehndi
04-07-2012, 01:45 PM
thanks for your reply sir . but i couldn't understand what you mean when you said "office reconds it". please explain

Victor
04-07-2012, 07:58 PM
hello sir,
i am a teacher. last year in june 2011 i applied for CCL for the care and rearing of my ten months old daughter but though recommended by my HOS i was denied CCL and was forced to be on EOL for almost eight months to take care of my infant daughter. The reason for EOL was also " to take care of my infant daughter". Can I get it converted into CCL retrospectively???
Regards

I presume that you are covered under CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 (http://persmin.gov.in/DOPT/EmployeesCorner/Acts_Rules/ccs_leave_rules.pdf).

If yes, then kindly refer to Rule 7(2) and Rule 10 in this regard.

Under Rule 7(2) Leave can be refused but cannot be altered. So if you have applied for CCL then it cannot be changed to EOL by the office.

Under Rule 10, the leave availed can be converted retrospectively. However, there is a time limit of 30 days from the date of joining.

So you can represent your case to the higher authorities, if you have a strong case with documentary evidence if possible, and prove that you have been victimised.

Victor

mehndi
04-07-2012, 08:55 PM
thanks victor sir for your reply. i already have approached higher authorities for the justice but have not got justice anywhere and i had to continue on EOL for the care of my infant daughter. i want to apply for this conversion but i was told that this can be done only according to the rules stated by DOPT. now what are the rules by DOPT, i want to know that . and i guess the rule is rule(10) of DOPT as stated by you. am i right?
regards

Victor
04-07-2012, 10:23 PM
thanks victor sir for your reply. i already have approached higher authorities for the justice but have not got justice anywhere and i had to continue on EOL for the care of my infant daughter. i want to apply for this conversion but i was told that this can be done only according to the rules stated by DOPT. now what are the rules by DOPT, i want to know that . and i guess the rule is rule(10) of DOPT as stated by you. am i right?
regards

Yes the conversion of leave can be done only in accordance with Rule 10 of CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 which I mentioned in my earlier post. Unfortunately it appears that you have crossed the time limit within which you can exercise this option.

Victor

mehndi
05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
thanks again victor sir for your reply. you have correctly guessed that i have crossed the time limit but there are so many complications in my case. now the authorities say that i was sanctioned EOL for four months and Decision for sanctioning EOL for next four months (which were in continuation) is still pending. this was brought to my notice two days before the expiry of my almost 8 months' EOL. I do not have the sanction order but i was paid as per rules during my EOL for six months. now even after joining i am not getting my salary coz they say sanction order is pending.
and without sanction order , what can i do?