PDA

View Full Version : joining time

prasannakumar
15-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Some in my department say that joining time has to be availed fully and should not be credited to EL account if the officer/official is not ordered to join duty and the new place of posting. Is it correct.

Prasanna Kumar

ukkas
30-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Correct. if an employee is ordered to join the new post at a new place of posting without availing full joining time to which he is entitled or he proceeds alone to the new place and joins without availing full joining time and takes his family later within the permissible period for claiming transfer TA the unavailed period (full JT limited to a maximum of 15 days minus availed JT), will be credite to his earned leave account. If the addition results in the total earned leave at credit exceeding 300 days, the excess will be ignored.

RKPATHAK
30-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Unavailed portion of joining time is credited one's el account(.) however such el account should not exceed 300 days as per rules

prasannakumar
30-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Dear Mr. ukkas and Mr. pathak

Thank you for the reply.

I had posted a thread earlier in this regard which is as follows

"I was recently transferred an office having 18 km from my previous place of working. My office has granted me joining time of only 1 day probablly for the reason that officials transferred within a radius of 20 km are not eligible for joining time. But the same office has granted 10 days joining time to an officer who as transferred to an office 12 km away. The officer's unuvailed portion of joining time was credited to the EL account for the reason that the "Swamy's Handbook" says that officials are eligible for joining time of 10 days when transferred to an office upto a distance of 1,000 km and there is no mention of declaining this for atransfer up to 20 km.

I would be much obliged if any G-connector could clarify in which instance the the decision of the office is correct."

For this Mr. Pathak had stated that a transfer with in 20 KM is considered as local transfer and hence only one day joining time is admissible. But it is learnt that some of CG departments are admitting 10 days JT if the offices are in different municipalities/panchayaths and as the ambiguity still persists, I am not in a position to claim the joining time.

Can any G connector throw some light on this.

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

RKPATHAK
01-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Rule are quite clear. Transfer within one city is considered as local.

prasannakumar
01-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Mr. Pathakji

Thank you for the prompt reply. In my case, though it is 18 Km, these offices are in different municipalities

Anyway, thank you once again

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

RKPATHAK
02-07-2010, 11:44 AM
So far as I feel you may be conicindi district with city. The distance between Rohtak District and Bahadurgarh District is almost 0. But the distance between Rohtak City and Bahadurgarh city is about 56 kms. If a person is transferred from Rohtak City to Bahadurgarh City his transfer is not local, on the other hand a person posted in a village/city just on the border of Bahadurgarh and transferred to a village/city of Rohtak, though districts are different but since the distance is less than 20 kms, the transfer shall be considered as local

prasannakumar
02-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Dear pathakji
That was the exact clarification I was seeking. your expample was apt and thank you very much.

Expecting such guidance in future also. Now I am clear

Regards
Prasanna Kumar