PDA

View Full Version : Travelling allowance to Pensioners if CGHS dispensary is beyond 2.5 kms from residenc

r21vvrao
07-06-2010, 03:34 PM
I came to know that a circular exists vide Ministry of Finance , Govt of India Lr no PC-V/98/1/V/7/1 dated 21.04.99 ( S NO PC-V/167). This circular requires to give an undertaking by Pensioner that the nearest CGHS dispensary is beyond 2.5 Kms . Then Pension disbursing banks are authorised to give some regular monthly allowance of Rs100/= for travel. I saw the undertaking mentioning the above circular No, but I am not able to get any information or contents of this circular. So can someone locate it or find a reference in some book like Muthu swamy publication about this circular. with regards
V.Venkata rao

RKPATHAK
19-07-2010, 12:42 PM
A pensioner has got an option to get cghs card or claim rs 100/- per month (now rs 300/) if he is residing in area not covered by cghs. Both the benefits not available. Since your place of residence is more than 2.5 kms from cghs dispensary, i personnally advise you to have a cghs card, since expenses on medical treatment in private hospital is very costly affair

prasannakumar
19-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I came to know that a circular exists vide Ministry of Finance , Govt of India Lr no PC-V/98/1/V/7/1 dated 21.04.99 ( S NO PC-V/167). This circular requires to give an undertaking by Pensioner that the nearest CGHS dispensary is beyond 2.5 Kms . Then Pension disbursing banks are authorised to give some regular monthly allowance of Rs100/= for travel. I saw the undertaking mentioning the above circular No, but I am not able to get any information or contents of this circular. So can someone locate it or find a reference in some book like Muthu swamy publication about this circular. with regards
V.Venkata rao

I think this matter has come along with 6 CPC circulars (Now enhanced to from 100/- to 300/-). But it is advisable to obtain a CGHS card if possible as treatment is a costly affair as suggested by Mr. Pathak