PDA

View Full Version : LTC to Andaman

Priyavarshini
03-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Sirs,

Are we eligble to fly to Andaman on LTC?

Like NER, is there any concession for LTC to Andaman?

From which Grade pay can we fly to Andaman?

Thanks and Regards,

Priyavarshini

aneesh
04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Sirs,

Are we eligble to fly to Andaman on LTC?

Like NER, is there any concession for LTC to Andaman?

From which Grade pay can we fly to Andaman?

Thanks and Regards,

Priyavarshini

You may travel by air in case your gp is 5400 and above. even otherwise please look for your entitlement for journey by ship. Private airline fares will be cheaper or more or less equal to the ship fare and you can travel by pvt air and claim reimbursement of ship fare. Advance booking will cost you less. At present there is no concession for LTC to andaman

RKPATHAK
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Andaman & nicobar isladns do not form part of north eastern region as such an eployee drawing grade pay of rs 5400 and above is eligibiel to travel by air in all other cases the fare be restrictede to entitled class

rvenkat
15-06-2010, 04:57 PM
There is no speciality like NER. First check ur eligibility in Ship thro Shipping Corporation of India. (u can check thro net also. becoz fare varies from time to time). U can also fly but ur claim will be restricted to ur Ship eligibility. In May 09 i visited A & N thro Kingfisher Airlines with a cost of Rs.4500 for onward & Rs.7500 for return journey but my claim was restricted to my Ship eligibility. I booked Air tickets before 35 days. So plan ur tour & book accordingly. How much earlier u will be benefited. Nice Islands itz worthy to seen. plan & enjoy. Pl avoid May 15 to Aug becoz Monsoon hits heavily. Air frequency also less during this period. Plan Oct to Apr that is best one.

aneesh
15-06-2010, 09:53 PM
There is no speciality like NER. First check ur eligibility in Ship thro Shipping Corporation of India. (u can check thro net also. becoz fare varies from time to time). U can also fly but ur claim will be restricted to ur Ship eligibility. In May 09 i visited A & N thro Kingfisher Airlines with a cost of Rs.4500 for onward & Rs.7500 for return journey but my claim was restricted to my Ship eligibility. I booked Air tickets before 35 days. So plan ur tour & book accordingly. How much earlier u will be benefited. Nice Islands itz worthy to seen. plan & enjoy. Pl avoid May 15 to Aug becoz Monsoon hits heavily. Air frequency also less during this period. Plan Oct to Apr that is best one.

Dear friend

Thank you for your tip. Can you please suggest some good hotels for boarding and lodging and the tariff.

prabha
03-10-2010, 10:06 PM
you can visit www.and.nic.in and you will get all the information

naukar
04-10-2010, 07:15 AM
From Portblair try to visit a place called Havelock. The journey will be by sea. Thus u can make claim upto Havelock via Portblair.

RKPATHAK
04-10-2010, 11:47 AM
If you are central govt employee and eligible to stay in state guest house it is the best option. Alternatively there are good hotels at portblair