PDA

View Full Version : Ltc

badhurv007
25-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Dear Friends...

One my Friend is a female Central Govt. servant working in Ahmedabad. She has declared her parents-in-law as dependant on her since 2000 and possess a CGHS card wherin their details have been given (their service was non pensionable).

She also claiming their medical reimbursement from time to time. But when it came to claiming their LTC, her office has refused saying that the facility is not available for in-laws as it is not mentioned clearly in swamys.

Of course in Swamys they have mentioned that an employee can claim parents LTC/medical. But what about a FEMALE GOVT. SERVANT who has been given the choice of opting either set of parents. Someone kindly clarify or mail me [email protected]

with regards...

tvenkatam
25-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Dear Friends...

One my Friend is a female Central Govt. servant working in Ahmedabad. She has declared her parents-in-law as dependant on her since 2000 and possess a CGHS card wherin their details have been given (their service was non pensionable).

She also claiming their medical reimbursement from time to time. But when it came to claiming their LTC, her office has refused saying that the facility is not available for in-laws as it is not mentioned clearly in swamys.

Of course in Swamys they have mentioned that an employee can claim parents LTC/medical. But what about a FEMALE GOVT. SERVANT who has been given the choice of opting either set of parents. Someone kindly clarify or mail me [email protected]

with regards...

Dear friend,
As per Rule 4 (d) (iii) of CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988, "Family" includes:-
“parents and/or step mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant”.
Unfortunately, parents-in-law (in respect of women employees) are not covered under the definition of “Family” for availing LTC.