PDA

View Full Version : LTC - EL encashment arrears on DA revision

Ramnath
14-05-2010, 05:18 PM
A person goes on LTC during May, 2010. He has availed EL encashment on LTC @ 27% DA, during March, 2010 prior to DA orders of 35%. Is he eligible for differential arrears of DA (8% balance)?

R K Rao
14-05-2010, 09:22 PM
A person goes on LTC during May, 2010. He has availed EL encashment on LTC @ 27% DA, during March, 2010 prior to DA orders of 35%. Is he eligible for differential arrears of DA (8% balance)?

Yes. He is entitled. Why the doubt. In my office, we claim the OT allowances with emoluments as on a particular date (say Jan/Feb) . Then when DA orders are announced, we claim arrears of OT due to increase in emoluments because of grant of DA.

You can definietly claim.

[ If they want orders on this, you ask them where is it said you are not entitled for it?]

[my reply is subject to approval by seniors]

RK Rao

Ramnath
08-07-2010, 12:11 PM
One of our officers claim bill relating to differential DA on EL encashment was prepared and sent to PAO. PAO has returned the bill stating the following:

"There is no specific order for payment of Differential DA for EL encashment made the time of availing LTC".

Is there any way out. I feel there is no order saying that it should not be paid. In as much as no such order restricting differential DA payment on EL encashment on LTC, the diff. amount can be given.

Pl. tell the way out.

Ramnath

CNU.SRE
30-12-2010, 08:55 PM
One of our officers claim bill relating to differential DA on EL encashment was prepared and sent to PAO. PAO has returned the bill stating the following:

"There is no specific order for payment of Differential DA for EL encashment made the time of availing LTC".

Is there any way out. I feel there is no order saying that it should not be paid. In as much as no such order restricting differential DA payment on EL encashment on LTC, the diff. amount can be given.

Pl. tell the way out.

Ramnath

For clarification on DA difference on E.L encashment (LTC) , refer october-2010 SWAMY NEWS in Question & Answer coloum.