PDA

View Full Version : Child care leave-going abroad

akpdel
03-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Does anyone has any idea if I can be sanctioned CCL for taking care of my children abroad,my husband is going abroad for 2 yrs and during that period my daughters will be studying there, so can I be sanctioned leave on these grounds?????

tvenkatam
08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Does anyone has any idea if I can be sanctioned CCL for taking care of my children abroad,my husband is going abroad for 2 yrs and during that period my daughters will be studying there, so can I be sanctioned leave on these grounds?????

Dear Friend,

The child care leave would, perhaps, be granted only if the child is dependent on the Government servant and physically live with her. You may also be required to convince your leave sanctioning authority about the dependency status of the child as a pre-requisite for grant of CCL.

aneesh
11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Dear Friend,

The child care leave would, perhaps, be granted only if the child is dependent on the Government servant and physically live with her. You may also be required to convince your leave sanctioning authority about the dependency status of the child as a pre-requisite for grant of CCL.

Dear Sir

Please confirm whether new recruits can avail CCL in the absence of any leave at their credit immediately after appointment

tvenkatam
11-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Dear Sir

Please confirm whether new recruits can avail CCL in the absence of any leave at their credit immediately after appointment

Dear Mr. Aneesh,

Child care leave is admissible to all women employees including new recruits without any condition of minimum service. However, this leave can not be demanded as a matter of right. Prior approval of leave by the competent authority is necessary. Can be availed only if no Earned Leave is at credit.

akpdel
17-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks tvenkatam for your reply but your comment regarding proving a child's (minor) dependcy on a government servant (mother) seems out of place, do u think that any minor child would not be dependent on his/her mother??

Moreover you have not replied to the basic question regarding sanction of CCL while going abroad

Raj Kishore Sharma
17-05-2010, 09:29 PM
The orders issued in respect of CCL do not have any such stipulation that CCL can not be granted to take care of her child in a foreign land. It is also true that there is no condition of dependency of the child. A child is the natural liability of both mother and father.
Moreover, it is the discretion of the leave sanctioning authority.

Raj Kishore Sharma