PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Soldier- Defence Pensioner - Request for Needful.

rammohaniaf
02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Dear All,

I am Defence Pensioner and 100% disabled while in duty confined to wheelchair.

I had opened my pension account in SBI, Macherla which has best reputation in terms of trust and service.

Since 2002 when i was discharged from I am getting pension
@
Basic 1275/- PM (Minimum Service Element) DA applicable
Disability Pension 1550/- PM (100% disability) DA applicable
Constant Attendant Allowance 600/- PM
Commutation ( - ) 286/-

I am getting my pension from SBI ( Now, Centralized Pension Processing Centre SBI, Hyderabad)

Now as per 6PC proceedings w.e.f Jan 2006
Service Element 3500/- + DA
Disability Element 3500/- + DA
Constant Attendant Allowance 3000/- PM (not medical allowance)
Total 11,800/-

As per the OFFICE OF THE PCDA (PENSIONS), DRAUPADI GHAT ALLAHABAD,
Circular No.410 Dated: 13.05.2009.
Attached for your perusal
Page 4/14 cites this info:
(v) Constant Attendance Allowance:
With effect from 01.01.2006, Constant Attendance Allowance, in all eligible
battle/non battle casualty case shall be paid at the revised rate of Rs. 3000/- p.m.,
irrespective of the rank. Further this rate to increase by 25% every time the dearness allowance payable on revised pay band goes up by 50%.

Where as I am getting around 9200/- a month at present, when i asked the bank they are not responding saying that it's from CPPC which has to approached for needful, since am confined to wheelchair, its hardly possible for me to reach the office.

In Feb 09 - Rs.13,000/- and Rs.19,000/- in Dec 09 credited as arrears.

As per my understanding the bank is calculating as
(3500+3510)*DA+600(CAA) - 286(Commutation) = 9200(approx)

instead it should be (3500+3510)*DA+3000(CAA) - 286(Commutation)
= 12180(approx)

My colleagues who are similar cases and SBI pensioners are in Pune and come under CPPC, Mumbai, they got 1.55L as pending arrears on 24-Mar-2010 and getting pension as stated above. Please do the needful and do justice to this disabled soldier.

Pls do the needful.

Thanking you all,

vnatarajan
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Dear Shri Rammohan,

Did u try the blog-site of Indian Miliatrary Service Benefits Issues of Maj Navdeep Singh and try to high-light the isse to him to him ? His email id is very much available in the website opening part.

Pl try.

Lonk: http://www.indianmilitary.info/

vnatarajan

rammohaniaf
04-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Thankyou sir,
I had posted it on that site for his advice.
I couldn't find any email reference in that.
Hope my comment post will bring to his notice.

Major (Retd.) S K Jain
05-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Email ID of Major Navdeep is given at the top of his website. Simultanously, you may also contact pension help desk of IESM for that pl visit www.iesm.org

Thanks

Kanaujiaml
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
My dear Ram Mohan ji. Things like that do happen. Pl. donot feel left out. It would all be strainghened up. Actually, it is the duty of Branch of the Bank where your pension account is under operation, to get the things sorted out for you through SBI Centralised pension processing centre. I would advise you to put up an application through the local Branch Manager, addressed to the Chief Manager, SBI, Centralised Pension Processing Centre, giving full details of your case, enlcosing copy of the letter concerned. (you can send a copy of this letter via speed post directly as well). Follow it by reminders every 10-15 days. They would finally respond. If they desire some more information, give them. You can take help from this forum, if such information is not available with you. Regards.

Dear All,

I am Defence Pensioner and 100% disabled while in duty confined to wheelchair.

I had opened my pension account in SBI, Macherla which has best reputation in terms of trust and service.

Since 2002 when i was discharged from I am getting pension
@
Basic 1275/- PM (Minimum Service Element) DA applicable
Disability Pension 1550/- PM (100% disability) DA applicable
Constant Attendant Allowance 600/- PM
Commutation ( - ) 286/-

I am getting my pension from SBI ( Now, Centralized Pension Processing Centre SBI, Hyderabad)

Now as per 6PC proceedings w.e.f Jan 2006
Service Element 3500/- + DA
Disability Element 3500/- + DA
Constant Attendant Allowance 3000/- PM (not medical allowance)
Total 11,800/-

As per the OFFICE OF THE PCDA (PENSIONS), DRAUPADI GHAT ALLAHABAD,
Circular No.410 Dated: 13.05.2009.
Attached for your perusal
Page 4/14 cites this info:
(v) Constant Attendance Allowance:
With effect from 01.01.2006, Constant Attendance Allowance, in all eligible
battle/non battle casualty case shall be paid at the revised rate of Rs. 3000/- p.m.,
irrespective of the rank. Further this rate to increase by 25% every time the dearness allowance payable on revised pay band goes up by 50%.

Where as I am getting around 9200/- a month at present, when i asked the bank they are not responding saying that it's from CPPC which has to approached for needful, since am confined to wheelchair, its hardly possible for me to reach the office.

In Feb 09 - Rs.13,000/- and Rs.19,000/- in Dec 09 credited as arrears.

As per my understanding the bank is calculating as
(3500+3510)*DA+600(CAA) - 286(Commutation) = 9200(approx)

instead it should be (3500+3510)*DA+3000(CAA) - 286(Commutation)
= 12180(approx)

My colleagues who are similar cases and SBI pensioners are in Pune and come under CPPC, Mumbai, they got 1.55L as pending arrears on 24-Mar-2010 and getting pension as stated above. Please do the needful and do justice to this disabled soldier.

Pls do the needful.

Thanking you all,

gnrao
15-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Dear Rammohan

Put up an application stating the full details and attaching the orders thereof. Forward the same through the Branch your account is with. An advance copy may be posted to the Chief Manager CPPC SBI Musheerabad Hyderabad or you can get address from your
branch. Do not forget to take an acknowledgement from your Branch on your office copy.

If there is no response( of course there won't be ) if you are in Hyderabad please personally go to CPPC if you can or otherwise your near one may visit the office and pursue the matter.

Unless you pursue with CPPC continuously your job will not be done.

Good Luck

G N Rao