PDA

View Full Version : Air india or private in ner on ltc by group c & d

ajitmeitei27
25-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Sir,
i have been looking on the matter "LTC to NER" but can,t find details about non-entitled officers, it is abious that there is written copy stating that entitled officers (Group A & B officers) can travel by air to NER on LTC. It is also mentioned that Non-entitled officers are entitled to travel by air on LTC from Guwahati/ Kolkata to a city in NER, my querry is :

It is stated that on LTC Air India should be used by entitled Officers: Is there any relaxation for North East region ?

1. is a non-entitled officer can travel by private airlines from Guwahati/Kolkata to a city in NER on LTC ?

2. if a non-entitled officer traveled by air from their place of posting (not guwahati or kolkata) to a city in NER on LTC, can re-imbursed be made the air fare from guwahati/kolkata to his destination in NER ?

3. what are the other relaxations for NER on LTC by air ?

any memo in this respect ? please thanks in advance.

svsankar
28-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Refer DOPT OM No.31011/2/2006-Estt(A) dated:11-3-2010

rsk11584
29-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Here is the Copy of OM
http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/LTC_Private_Airlines.pdf

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_2_2006-Estt.%28A%291.pdf

Private Airlines are allowed in case of entitled officers only on those routes where there is no service of Air India.

As per the OM you can travel anywhere in India using any airlines but the reimbursement will be only the Train Fare from your origin to the destination.

Here you can find latest OMs regarding LTC Rules Kindly go through these

http://www.persmin.nic.in/CircularReportForEstablishmentForm2.asp?choice=27

ajitmeitei27
30-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the reply

I got through all the memos mentioned but still want to say that

as per DOP & T F. no 31011/4/2007 -Estt(a) dated 2/5/2008 in point no. 2 Other category of employees ( i.e Group C& D) will be entitled to travel by air to a city in NER from Guwahati or Kolkata &

as per DOP & T memo no 31011/4/2007-Estt(A) dated 14 may 2008

in point no 3 Travel by private airlines is permissable during Official tours but in case of Visit to NER in term of O.M dated 2.5.2008 full fare will be admissable to the categories of employees indicated therein.

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/CCS_LTC_Rules.pdf

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_4_2007-Estt.(A).pdf

In case reimbursement of air fare in the NER would be restricted to entitled class of rail then what about place in NER where there is no rail ?
Here i am asking about only for North Eastern Region LTC.

kgkacharya
01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the reply

I got through all the memos mentioned but still want to say that

as per DOP & T F. no 31011/4/2007 -Estt(a) dated 2/5/2008 in point no. 2 Other category of employees ( i.e Group C& D) will be entitled to travel by air to a city in NER from Guwahati or Kolkata &

as per DOP & T memo no 31011/4/2007-Estt(A) dated 14 may 2008

in point no 3 Travel by private airlines is permissable during Official tours but in case of Visit to NER in term of O.M dated 2.5.2008 full fare will be admissable to the categories of employees indicated therein.

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/CCS_LTC_Rules.pdf

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_4_2007-Estt.(A).pdf

In case reimbursement of air fare in the NER would be restricted to entitled class of rail then what about place in NER where there is no rail ?
Here i am asking about only for North Eastern Region LTC.

Dear Sir,
As per order dated 11.03.2010, non-entitled class officials who travel by Air and claim reimbursement as per Railway fare are eligible to travel by private airlines. In this case Group C & D employees are entitled to travel by Air from Kolkata to NER and they will be reimbursed full air fare. Hence they have to travel by Air India only.

VKANIRUDH
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
It is well known fact that LTC 80 (economy) fares will be applicable only when the journey was performed through Private air lines and fare is restricted upto the LTC 80 fare of Indian Air lines.

As per new instructions issued by DOPT LTC will be performed through Indian Airlines (i.e. Air India) only.
My query is there are several Economy fares are available above the LTC 80 fares in Indian Airlines and if I visit through Indian Airlines with Higher economy fares of Indian Airlines then LTC 80 restriction will be apply or not.

tvenkatam
11-05-2010, 08:07 PM
It is well known fact that LTC 80 (economy) fares will be applicable only when the journey was performed through Private air lines and fare is restricted upto the LTC 80 fare of Indian Air lines.

As per new instructions issued by DOPT LTC will be performed through Indian Airlines (i.e. Air India) only.
My query is there are several Economy fares are available above the LTC 80 fares in Indian Airlines and if I visit through Indian Airlines with Higher economy fares of Indian Airlines then LTC 80 restriction will be apply or not.

Dear Friend,

The claim will be limited to LTC 80 fare of Indian Airlines. In cases of routes not covered by LTC 80 fare of Indian Airlines, other economy class fares of Indian Airlines will be admissible.

ajitmeitei27
13-05-2010, 05:04 AM
as per order no. 14th May,2008 there is no need to travel by air India in NER LTC

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/..._LTC_Rules.pdf

tvenkatam
13-05-2010, 03:26 PM
as per order no. 14th May,2008 there is no need to travel by air India in NER LTC

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/..._LTC_Rules.pdf

Dear friend,

Please do not rely on old orders. As per new orders dated 27.07.2009 whether LTC (including NER) or official tour (both domestic & International) journey by air is admissible only if performed by National Airlines. Subsequent to this it was clarified that the claim of non-entitled officials, when avail the services of private airlines, would be limited to the entitlement by rail.

ajitmeitei27
14-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Sir,
thanks for your reply. order dated 2/5/08 & 14/5/08 is valid up up to 1 st of May 2010 none of any order overwrite it. Memo no. dt 14/5/08 was a clarification to memo. no dt 2/5/08 , i would like to say relaxation to visit NER LTC is again further extended vide F.no. 31011/4/2007-Estt(A) Dated 20/4/2010 and F.no.31011/4/2007-Estt(A) dated 23/4/2010 on the same term & condition laid down in memo no. dated 2.5.08 thus it is clear that memo no. dated 2/5/2008, 14/5/2008 is valid up to 1 st of May 2010 and now it is extended on the same term and condition.

with regards

surinderthakur
24-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Sir,
thanks for your reply. order dated 2/5/08 & 14/5/08 is valid up up to 1 st of May 2010 none of any order overwrite it. Memo no. dt 14/5/08 was a clarification to memo. no dt 2/5/08 , i would like to say relaxation to visit NER LTC is again further extended vide F.no. 31011/4/2007-Estt(A) Dated 20/4/2010 and F.no.31011/4/2007-Estt(A) dated 23/4/2010 on the same term & condition laid down in memo no. dated 2.5.08 thus it is clear that memo no. dated 2/5/2008, 14/5/2008 is valid up to 1 st of May 2010 and now it is extended on the same term and condition.

with regards

hi ajitmeitei27

I am still not clear about if a category C or D government employee travels from his place of posting to north east by air. In that case whether he is entitled for reimbursment as per his entitlements (i.e. train as well as air fare fro) or only train fare is reimburseable.

if your are clear kindly let me know.

RKPATHAK
24-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Ltc order dated 11 march 2010 allow a govt employee to perform jopurney by private airlines and in that case his claim be restricted to train fare of entitled class(.) to claim actual fare by air it is necessary to perform journey by indian airlines/air india only

surinderthakur
24-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Ltc order dated 11 march 2010 allow a govt employee to perform jopurney by private airlines and in that case his claim be restricted to train fare of entitled class(.) to claim actual fare by air it is necessary to perform journey by indian airlines/air india only

Sir, my question is that if a goup C or D official goes to north east from his place of posting to north east in air india/indian airlines flight, in that case, how reimbursement is to be made to him, as he is not entitled to go upto kolkatta or guhawwti by air. He is only entitled to go to these places (kolkatta/guhatti) only by rail.

Kindly eloborate.

RKPATHAK
25-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I can comment and calculate only if i know the place of posting and intended place to visit on ltc

surinderthakur
25-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I can comment and calculate only if i know the place of posting and intended place to visit on ltc

sir,

first of all I would like to thank you for your prompt responses.

At present I am posted in delhi and intend to visit north east- sikkim( gangtok). The nearest airport to vist sikkim is bagdogra. At present, the fare are as under :-

i) from delhi to kolkatta by rail in AC III tier : Rs. 1,535/- one side

ii) from kolkatta to bagdogra by air( LTC 80 fare) in air india/indian airlines : Rs. 4,890/- one side

RKPATHAK
25-08-2010, 11:03 AM
I am sorry you won't get the benefit of ltc to gangtok by air(.) since as per ltc rules the journey is to be performed by the shortest route(.) since new jalpaiguri is well connected by train from delhi and is shortest route journey from delhi to bagdogra VIA KOLKATA is not admissible(.) in case you perform journey from delhi to bagdogra by air your claim shall be restricted by train fare between delhi and new jalpaiguri of entitled class

surinderthakur
26-08-2010, 09:15 AM
I am sorry you won't get the benefit of ltc to gangtok by air(.) since as per ltc rules the journey is to be performed by the shortest route(.) since new jalpaiguri is well connected by train from delhi and is shortest route journey from delhi to bagdogra VIA KOLKATA is not admissible(.) in case you perform journey from delhi to bagdogra by air your claim shall be restricted by train fare between delhi and new jalpaiguri of entitled class

Sir, I fully agree with you that as per provisions contained in the LTC Rules, 1988, the journey is to be made on the shortest available route. But the OM dated 02.05.2008 issued regarding LTC for North East has been issued in the relextation to the provisions containind in the said LTC Rules, 1988( the first lines of this OM starts). In fact Government has on its own has allowed officials to go to NE on the longer route. As I think that it has been done to boost the tourism industry in the said region and to bail out the Indian Airlines/Air India from its lossess.

RKPATHAK
26-08-2010, 09:33 AM
I just given my opinion and the practice being followed in my office(.) however, the ddo in your office is the best judge(.) better take him into confidence before you perform journey to avoid any loss

shantanukoiry
10-10-2013, 08:44 PM
dear pathak saab
IMy home town is in NER
And as per No. 31011/4/2007-Estt.(A)
30/04/2012
CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988 - Relaxation for travel by air to visit NER

CAN I TRAVEL EVERY YEAR, and every journey by air??
also to mention,my year of joining to service is 2009.I am group B non gazetted officer(gp;4200)