PDA

View Full Version : Whether Grade Pay protection on request transfer to same scale in another dept.

nittala_shyam
13-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I am being transferred on request from 5200-20200 GP 2800/- to same scale in another department. I have been already granted ACP and my GP is 4200/-. On tranfer, I want to know whether my Grade pay is protected or not?. There is no rule/order regarding transfer to same scale although there is for transfer to lower post. Kindly suggest me a solution. If GP is not protected, then in my career GP will not go beyond 4200/- otherwise I can go as far as 4800/-.

sa8298
13-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I am being transferred on request from 5200-20200 GP 2800/- to same scale in another department. I have been already granted ACP and my GP is 4200/-. On tranfer, I want to know whether my Grade pay is protected or not?. There is no rule/order regarding transfer to same scale although there is for transfer to lower post. Kindly suggest me a solution. If GP is not protected, then in my career GP will not go beyond 4200/- otherwise I can go as far as 4800/-.

If it is on transfer, there won't be any change in the pay band or grade pay. Your new employer would pay you your pay in the band in the band of 5200-20200 as you had drawn withyour previous employer with G.O. of 4200. Your service record will speak for you and say that you have already been granted one ACP and will be given second MACP on completion of 20 years continuous service subject to the fact that you have not availed any promotion during this period. However, I would like to correct you that your second ACP would be in the G.P. of 4600 eventhough your next promotional post in the hirearchy might carry a G.P. of 4800 as per MACP orders.

I don't think you need to worry on this aspect, as your previous employer would mention in his L,.P.C. (Last pay certificate) that your current g.p. is 4200 and pay band is so and so. Hence, the same would be given by your new emlployer also. There is no role for pay protection here.

nittala_shyam
16-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Thank you. Is there any order regarding protection of grade pay etc.