PDA

View Full Version : hra rules in couple case

devsingla123
09-04-2010, 12:33 AM
i am a state govt employee while my wife is a centre govt employee and we are posted on stations nearly 12 k.m apart (in two different cities). according to nature of job ( health department) it is complesary for both of us to maintain station of posting.

so can i claim hra even if a government accomudation is alloted to my wife ?

kgkacharya
23-04-2010, 10:32 PM
i am a state govt employee while my wife is a centre govt employee and we are posted on stations nearly 12 k.m apart (in two different cities). according to nature of job ( health department) it is complesary for both of us to maintain station of posting.

so can i claim hra even if a government accomudation is alloted to my wife ?

As per Para 5(c)(iii) of M. F., O.M. No. F.2(37)E II(B), dated 27.11.1965, as amended, An employee is not eligible to draw H. R. A., when his/her spouse has been allotted accommodation at the same station by Central/State Government, an Autonomous Public Undertaking, Municipality, Port Trust, Naionalised Banks or LIC., whether he/she resides in that accommodation or not except in pursuance of a Court order of judicial separation or he/she resides separtaely in accomodation rented by him/her. [The phrase 'same station' includes all places which are treated as contiguous to the qalified city/town]

jaleelethiyil
18-07-2010, 01:47 AM
As per Para 5(c)(iii) of M. F., O.M. No. F.2(37)E II(B), dated 27.11.1965, as amended, An employee is not eligible to draw H. R. A., when his/her spouse has been allotted accommodation at the same station by Central/State Government, an Autonomous Public Undertaking, Municipality, Port Trust, Naionalised Banks or LIC., whether he/she resides in that accommodation or not except in pursuance of a Court order of judicial separation or he/she resides separtaely in accomodation rented by him/her. [The phrase 'same station' includes all places which are treated as contiguous to the qalified city/town]
DEAR SIR,
Now accomodation provided by PSUs are come under perks and taxable.In this changed situation depriving HRA to spouse working govt service is justified or not.In this case working couples are depriving a major part of their salary.