PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Cards / Business cards for Govt. Officer

Arvind Hiwale
04-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Can a Govt. Officer have his Visiting Card?
If no, why?

R K Rao
04-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Can a Govt. Officer have his Visiting Card?
If no, why?

Yes. I also have the same query as that of Mr. Arvind. I have seen a couple of senior officers having their visiting cards printed at their expense - But can they have it and whether the cost of printing can be paid by Govt.

Secondly, once a senior management personnel from a reputed company had come and gave his card to be given to my officer. He also asked me to give the card of my officer. I felt embarassed and explained to him in so many words as to why there was no card.

Somebody, please clarify.

[ Also, please clarify as to where it is written or which rule says that the Gazetted persons need not sign the attendance register ]

Thanks and Regards

RKR

aneesh
04-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Yes. I also have the same query as that of Mr. Arvind. I have seen a couple of senior officers having their visiting cards printed at their expense - But can they have it and whether the cost of printing can be paid by Govt.

Secondly, once a senior management personnel from a reputed company had come and gave his card to be given to my officer. He also asked me to give the card of my officer. I felt embarassed and explained to him in so many words as to why there was no card.

Somebody, please clarify.

[ Also, please clarify as to where it is written or which rule says that the Gazetted persons need not sign the attendance register ]

Thanks and Regards

RKR

Dear Mr. Rao

I have also not seen anywhere (GOI Rules) that the Gazetted Officers need not sign the attendance register. We also had the same policy earlier. But the attendance has been introduced for all the staff including all the Group A staff, few years back, after taking their consent.

In our CAB many officers have got printed their visiting cards.

gconnectsna
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Can I have my visiting card printed at my own expenses and claim reimbursement from my office.