PDA

View Full Version : Mataernity Leave - Increment

R K Rao
26-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Sirs,

A lady is proceeding on Earned leave (for about 30 days) with her absence to be continued and combined further as Maternity leave as she is an expectant mother. She is proceeding wef 05 Apr 10, to be precise and is expected to join somewhere in Dec 10 or Jan/Feb 11.

Now the doubts are :

(a) Can she combine EL with Maternity leave ?

(b) Is there any restriction regarding number of days (EL+ML etc) that can be sanctioned by the head of office (She is holding a Group C post with Grade pay Rs. 2400/-) ?

(c) WILL SHE GET HER NORMAL ANNUAL INCREMENT wef 01 Jul 2010 or is it that her increment will be granted from 1.7.2010 BUT FINANCIAL EFFECT WILL BE FROM the day she rejoins from maternity leave (i.e. somewhere in Jan next)?

Thanks and Regards

RKR

aneesh
26-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Sirs,

A lady is proceeding on Earned leave (for about 30 days) with her absence to be continued and combined further as Maternity leave as she is an expectant mother. She is proceeding wef 05 Apr 10, to be precise and is expected to join somewhere in Dec 10 or Jan/Feb 11.

Now the doubts are :

(b) Is there any restriction regarding number of days (EL+ML etc) that can be sanctioned by the head of office (She is holding a Group C post with Grade pay Rs. 2400/-) ?

(c) WILL SHE GET HER NORMAL ANNUAL INCREMENT wef 01 Jul 2010 or is it that her increment will be granted from 1.7.2010 BUT FINANCIAL EFFECT WILL BE FROM the day she rejoins from maternity leave (i.e. somewhere in Jan next)?

Thanks and Regards

RKR

Dear friend

I am not expert to give reply with the rule position. However I will try to give correct replies as far as possible;

a) Yes

b) She will be eligible for 180 days of maternity leave

C) She will get normal increment wef 1.7.10 but the financial benefit will from the date of joining. Your interpretation is correct

kgkacharya
26-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Sirs,

Now the doubts are :

Thanks and Regards

RKR

Dear Sir,

1) A female (married/unmarried) employee with less than two surviving children may be granted Maternity Leave for a period of 180 days from the date of its commencement [Rule43(1)]
2) Any other kind of leve due including commuted leave not exceeding 60 days and Leave not Due (LND)up to a maximum of two years may be granted without M.C. in continuation of Maternity Leave [Rule 43 (4) (a) & (b)]
3) Leave Salary during such period will be equal to last pay drawn before proceeding on such leave. In case increment falls due during maternity leave, the increment will be granted only on return from such leave. The next increment will be granted on the normal date of increment.

R K Rao
27-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Dear Mr. Aneesh and Mr. Acharya,

Thank you very much for clarifying my doubt.

Regards once again.

RKR