PDA

View Full Version : Redemption of mileage points

lctomy
19-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Recently I redeemed the mileage points earned in one of the private airlines for official tour . Airline charged applicable taxes and duties for the redemption ticket. My accounts officer didn't reimbursed the amount charged as taxes by the airline stating that "Travelling by Private airlines" is banned by Govt. and didn't give even 2AC rail fare. As per govt. orders it is mandatory for all officers to utilise the mileage points accrued by official travel for official travel only. I would like to know whether the stand taken by the accounts officer is correct?. If so, officials can use their mileage points earned in private airlines for their personal purpose.

tvenkatam
20-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Recently I redeemed the mileage points earned in one of the private airlines for official tour . Airline charged applicable taxes and duties for the redemption ticket. My accounts officer didn't reimbursed the amount charged as taxes by the airline stating that "Travelling by Private airlines" is banned by Govt. and didn't give even 2AC rail fare. As per govt. orders it is mandatory for all officers to utilise the mileage points accrued by official travel for official travel only. I would like to know whether the stand taken by the accounts officer is correct?. If so, officials can use their mileage points earned in private airlines for their personal purpose.

Dear Friend,

You could have traveled by private airlines by redeeming the mileage points with the specific approval of Ministry of Civil Aviation.