View Full Version : arrears when someone leaves govt. job now

22-09-2008, 09:17 AM
will someone get his sixth pay arrears if he quits goverment job now after serving the govt. in past 6 years?

22-09-2008, 10:29 AM
You will get only the 40% arrears now. You will get the 60% arrears only next financial year. While people who retired in period Jan 2006 to Sep 2008 were hoping to get full 100% arrears immediately, it appears that Govt. is considering paying them also in two instalments. Position may change in Nov 2008 if sufficient funds become available. But at present getting 100% arrears this financial year seems most unlikely.

22-09-2008, 11:08 AM
If someone resigning the govt job now, and he has been working in Govt for last 7-8 years...will he be eligible for his arrears?

22-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Yes, of course you will get arrears. Even if you worked for a month during the period Jan 2006 to Sep 2008, you will get arrears for that month. After all arrears only means what was due to you minus the amount already paid to you. Why the doubt? Are you talking about pay arrears or pension arrears?

24-09-2008, 09:41 AM
thanks amit
how this arrear will be given, I mean will it come to salary bank account ?

24-09-2008, 03:15 PM
You should apply to the Head of the office you last served in.