PDA

View Full Version : special casual leave

prasannakumar
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Sir,
In Kerala state, "Harthals" (previously called "Bundh") is quite frequent owing to which many of the officers/officials are unable to attend the office on these days. It is learnt that, for such days, certain days of special casual leave is admissible to thouse employees who could not attend office.

In this connection, I would like to know from any members of this fourm as to the conditions and records/documents required for applying special casual leave and who is empowered to sanction this (Head of office or Head of the department etc)

Regards

Prasanna Kumar

prasannakumar
15-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Sir,
In Kerala state, "Harthals" (previously called "Bundh") is quite frequent owing to which many of the officers/officials are unable to attend the office on these days. It is learnt that, for such days, certain days of special casual leave is admissible to thouse employees who could not attend office.

In this connection, I would like to know from any members of this fourm as to the conditions and records/documents required for applying special casual leave and who is empowered to sanction this (Head of office or Head of the department etc)

Regards

Prasanna Kumar

Dear members,
Though there are 172 views to this thread, it is astonishing that there is not even a single reply. I request any of the members to clarify this point.

Prasanna Kumar

prasannakumar
27-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Sirs,
On enquiry with some of my colleagues, retired officers/officials and personnel from other CG departments, it is learnt that, an employee who could not attend to duties due to non availability of conveyance on harthal/bundh day are eligible for special casual leave for that day provided they were not supporting the bundh/harthal etc.

They may prefer an application with paper cuttings to the effect that the conveyance system from place of residence to office was disrupted/not available due the harthal/bundh to the competent authority (Head of the department/institution). If the authorities concerned are satisfied with the reasons, then they have the discretion of sanctioning the special casual leave.

Any additions/supplements are most welcome

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

kgkacharya
28-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Sirs,
On enquiry with some of my colleagues, retired officers/officials and personnel from other CG departments, it is learnt that, an employee who could not attend to duties due to non availability of conveyance on harthal/bundh day are eligible for special casual leave for that day provided they were not supporting the bundh/harthal etc.

They may prefer an application with paper cuttings to the effect that the conveyance system from place of residence to office was disrupted/not available due the harthal/bundh to the competent authority (Head of the department/institution). If the authorities concerned are satisfied with the reasons, then they have the discretion of sanctioning the special casual leave.

Any additions/supplements are most welcome

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

Dear Sri. Prasannakumar,
The Heads of Departments may grant special casual leave to employees residing at places 5 kms. away from their offices, when they are unable to attend office due to dislocation of traffic arising out of natural calamities, bandhs, etc. If the absence was due to picketing or disturbances or Curfew, special casual leave may be granted to all employees irresctive of the distance from residence to office. [Cabinet Secretariat (Deptt. of Per.), O.M. No. 27/6/71-Estt.(B), dated 1.11.1971 read with D.P. & A. R. O.M. No. 28016/1/79-Estt.(A) dated 28.05.1979].

prasannakumar
28-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Mr. Acharya,
The fact of the officila residing 5 Kms away from HQ was left out in my posting and I sincerely thank you for providing the no. of a very order in this regard.

Regards.

Prasanna Kumar