PDA

View Full Version : Can one define family differently for CGHS and LTC

rajanch
05-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Myself and wife are CG employees. I am eligible for Air, but wife is not for LTC. She declared her parents as CHSS beneficiary. So Administartion treats as two differnet families both for LTC and CHSS. My question is that Can her parents continue CHSS facility but without LTC, and for LTC only not CHSS, she may be declared as part of my family, so that she can avail the facilities which I am eligible. This issue has come becuse her parents are very old, and they are not interested in going for LTC. Can some body help me ?

prasannakumar
08-03-2010, 04:18 PM
This clarification of definition of family was found in a reply given by Sri. Ram. I think this would be helpful for you.

"In accordance with the initial instructions, the term of Family for the purposes of the Scheme shall consist of the Government servant's wife or husband, as the case may be children and stepchildren and parents who are mainly dependent on and residing with the Government servant concerned. Subsequently in pursuance of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission, it has been decided that for availing the medical facilities under the scheme, parents, sisters,. widowed sisters, widowed daughters, minor brothers and children will be deemed dependent on the Government employee if they are residing- with him and their income from all sources including pension and pension equivalent of DCRG benefit is less than Rs. 3500 +DA per month."
More details on http://mohfw.nic.in/cghsnew/index1.a...kid=8&langid=1

kolwadkar
03-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Dear Rajanch
IN my opinion yes you can. there are three areas where one has to define the family. LTC, Pension and Medical facility. all have there own rules.the CGHS rules allows a lady central government officer to have separate cards where she can show her parents dependent. hence in case of availing medical you can define family differently and for other facility like LTC you can define differently. the administration section cannot say rather shouldn't say that since you have define family like this in CGHS so automatically it is the same for LTC.

Victor
03-12-2010, 09:31 PM
The definition of "Family" is different under various Rules viz. LTC, Medical, Pension etc. So one can specify different members of family in accordance with the relevant rules. For eg. under CGHS a son above 25 years of age is not eligibile for CGHS benefits but can avail LTC benefits, provided other conditions are fulfilled.

Victor

tvenkatam
03-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Dear friend,

Under the recent orders (http://www.mohfw.nic.in/4-24-96-C&P%2025th%20Feb.pdf), married son even if he is below 25 years of age and dependent upon the employee/pensioners is not eligible for CGHS benefits.