PDA

View Full Version : child care leave

sunitagupta
23-02-2010, 02:28 PM
TO : Mr.tvenkatam

Sir,

Thanks for an early response to my query.

You are very much right, I applied for and not got sanctioned the EL/CCL jointly in the first as well as in second instance. But I am bit confused over the reply sent by you. Do you mean to say that first I should have applied and got sanctioned for EL and after exhausting all EL, I should have rejoin office and applied for CCL?

Then What does it mean “Child Care Leave (CCL) may be combined with leave of the kind due and admissible”.

Or I should have move two separate applications for EL and CCL simultaneously?

One thing more I would like to ask that If all my superiors are convinced with the reason I mentioned and recommend my leave. Where the question of “CCL cannot be demanded as a matter of right.” One can not proceed on CCL without proper prior approval of the leave sanctioning authority.” arises? Who is sanctioning authority?

Please clarify.

Regards
Sunitagupta

tvenkatam
23-02-2010, 09:21 PM
TO : Mr.tvenkatam

Sir,

Thanks for an early response to my query.

You are very much right, I applied for and not got sanctioned the EL/CCL jointly in the first as well as in second instance. But I am bit confused over the reply sent by you. Do you mean to say that first I should have applied and got sanctioned for EL and after exhausting all EL, I should have rejoin office and applied for CCL?

Then What does it mean “Child Care Leave (CCL) may be combined with leave of the kind due and admissible”.

Or I should have move two separate applications for EL and CCL simultaneously?

One thing more I would like to ask that If all my superiors are convinced with the reason I mentioned and recommend my leave. Where the question of “CCL cannot be demanded as a matter of right.” One can not proceed on CCL without proper prior approval of the leave sanctioning authority.” arises? Who is sanctioning authority?

Please clarify.

Regards
Sunitagupta

Dear Mrs. Gupta,

You could have been sanctioned with the EL and CCL together in a single application with the period of EL applied for being the total availability in your EL account on the date of application. In such a case, there was no need to join duty on availing EL and before availing CCL. EL can very well be combined with CCL.

Presently you applied for EL, had it sanctioned and have exhausted the same. It seems CCL has not so far been requested and sanctioned to you (as per your office records). In the present scenario, it would be appropriate for you to rejoin duty at least for a day, apply for CCL, obtain prior sanction and then only can proceed on CCL. The criterion of ‘prior approval’ of your Head of Office (Leave sanctioning authority) can be fulfilled only if the sanction for CCL is obtained before the CCL commences. However, your Head of Office may, at his discretion, waive you from joining duty and sanction CCL before the expiry of EL presently you are availing, taking cognizance of your earlier application for grant of CCL, if any available with the office.

Hope this clarifies your apprehension.