PDA

View Full Version : Doubts abt ltc claim

srividya_cbe
22-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Dear sir,

My husband is under Rs. 2800/- grade . (Defence- Airforce)

We want to visit Rajasthan and delhi using LTC. We stay in coimbatore at present.

1. Can i use Spice jet , since it is very low at cost,(less then Air india) for going till Delhi or jaipur or udaipur.

2. Which class is valid if we travel by Rail

3. We want to visit jaipur (whole rajastha) then to Delhi , then back to coimbatore. There is not direct train to jaipur from coimbatore to jaipur. So our route will be, i.e, Coimbatore - chennai, chennai to jaipur round full rajasthan, then again jaipur to delhi (rail) then round delhi then back from delhi-coimbatore. (direct train avilalbe).

Please explain me in detail.

My husband denies for this. and after going through your informations i thought of clearing this with you officers. will be greatful if you help me out in this case.

We are planning this trip only in september 2010.

regards
vidya

coolgoose2
22-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Dear sir,

My husband is under Rs. 2800/- grade . (Defence- Airforce)

We want to visit Rajasthan and delhi using LTC. We stay in coimbatore at present.

1. Can i use Spice jet , since it is very low at cost,(less then Air india) for going till Delhi or jaipur or udaipur.

2. Which class is valid if we travel by Rail

3. We want to visit jaipur (whole rajastha) then to Delhi , then back to coimbatore. There is not direct train to jaipur from coimbatore to jaipur. So our route will be, i.e, Coimbatore - chennai, chennai to jaipur round full rajasthan, then again jaipur to delhi (rail) then round delhi then back from delhi-coimbatore. (direct train avilalbe).

Please explain me in detail.

My husband denies for this. and after going through your informations i thought of clearing this with you officers. will be greatful if you help me out in this case.

We are planning this trip only in september 2010.

regards
vidya

Ma'm,

1. You cannot use Spice-jet. You can travel only by Air India and not by any other airline. So, if you travel by Jet, your claim will be rejected outright. Also officers having grade pay of Rs.5400 and above are only allowed to travel by airlines for LTC/tour.

2. You can travel by first class by Rail.

3. There is direct train to Jaipur from Cochin, which is less than 200 kms from Coimbatore. So avail that and travel. LTC is granted to the a single place from the hometown/place of working. So, take LTC for the farthest distant station and use break journey authorised by Indian Railways to view other points.

regards
:):):)

ps: For example, if you want to go to Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Amritsar, take LTC to Amritsar and break journey at Delhi. Of course, you will have to bear the expenses of traveling to Agra and Jaipur by yourselves. You can break journey more than one place also. However single consolidated payment being the railfare for the farthest distant station will only be provided by Govt. However, if you chose to stay in Central Government Officers Hostels in the places you plan to visit, you can even save some money from the 10 day EL encashment after covering all expenses.
You can check availability at this site
http://india.gov.in/outerwin.php?id=http://estates.nic.in/delhi.aspx?id=holiday

srividya_cbe
22-02-2010, 02:25 PM
thank you so much sir for your explainations. and should we book this goverment hostel ? or can we use it after we reach the place?

srividya_cbe
22-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks to coolgoose2..,

and pls officers need your advise.

As per mr. coolgoose 2, reference given site, Govt. home can be aviled for Central govt. employees with advance booking.

but my doubts sirs,

1. who r all comes under family members and can we avil for the persons who r coming with us. (ex. my sisters and their family). if so can it be bookd in advance .

2. Direct from coimbatore to delhi by rail II A/c and then from delhi to jaipur or udaipur, again same in return (jaipur to delhi , delhi to coimbatore) . is this allowed in LTC.

pls gv explainations.

regards
srividya S.