PDA

View Full Version : admissibility of difference of train fare and air fare in LTC

vidhi
21-02-2010, 08:49 PM
can anyone pl help?
i am a Gr B officer and availed LTC to NER by private airlines not by AI as latest memo(13/07/09).On this forum members have said that one is entitled to get the differential of train fare and air fare if he/she has not travelled by AI.
is there any memo/document , so that i can represent .

My PAO is denying even the 2 AC train fare and my LTC bill is not being finalize.

Thanks
vidhi

tvenkatam
21-02-2010, 10:39 PM
can anyone pl help?
i am a Gr B officer and availed LTC to NER by private airlines not by AI as latest memo(13/07/09).On this forum members have said that one is entitled to get the differential of train fare and air fare if he/she has not travelled by AI.

My PAO is denying even the 2 AC train fare and my LTC bill is not being finalize.

Thanks
vidhi

Dear Friend,

Unfortunately there is no order available in your favour. In all cases of air travel, the present rules prescribe that one has to travel only by Air India if Government has to bear the cost of air passage (limited to LTC 80 fare in the case of LTC).

rajanch
22-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Is that LTC-80 ticket is mandatory?
Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC. Because in our organisation some one in the accounts informed me that only LTC-80 ticket is valid, any other ticket either or more or less fare than LTC-80 of Indian airlines are not enough. Can you help me with base of OMs, so that I can question him.

tvenkatam
22-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC. Because in our organisation some one in the accounts informed me that only LTC-80 ticket is valid, any other ticket either or more or less fare than LTC-80 of Indian airlines are not enough. Can you help me with base of OMs, so that I can question him.

Dear Friend,

Please follow the link below for necessary orders on the subject.

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_2_2006-Estt.(A).pdf

tvenkatam
12-03-2010, 05:24 PM
can anyone pl help?

Thanks
vidhi

Dear Friend,
Please see the latest order which clarifies on the subject. If your bill is not yet settled, you may be eligible for entitled class of journey by rail instead of airfare of private airlines.

tvenkatam
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
can anyone pl help?

Thanks
vidhi

Dear Friend,

Please see the latest order (link below) which clarifies on the subject. If your bill is not yet settled, you may be eligible for entitled class of journey by rail instead of airfare of private airlines..

http://persmin.gov.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_2_2006-Estt.(A)1.pdf

grparvati
01-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Dear Friend,
Please see the latest order which clarifies on the subject. If your bill is not yet settled, you may be eligible for entitled class of journey by rail instead of airfare of private airlines.

Sir,

What about an official who travels on duty?

I had to attend a training programme at Pondicherry during vacation in October 2009. Due to medical emergency of my mother, I travelled from Pune to Chennai by Jet airways to be present in time. I am not entitled to airfare. But I have not been paid even the entitled II AC fare. Please let me know if I can represent against this.

:mad: grparvati

tirupati
07-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Dear sir,
I m a Judge in Rajasthan Judicial Service posted as ACJM and entiled to avail HTC/LTC as per the norms aplicable to the central Govt. employs.
As per cent.Govt. O.M. dated 02/05/2008 the last date to avail NER HTC Facility is 01/05/2010 and there is no avilability of tickets in AIRINDIA LTC-80 Plan up to last date
Weather i may avail the facility by pvt. air line and clame should be restricted up to LTC-80 fair or charges actualy paid which is less?

if Yes, plz. refer the concern O.M
if no then why? plz. refer the concern O.M.

tirupati
07-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I Listen that the Period to visit NER By air journy is increasing is From 01/05/2010 it true

tirupati
08-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Dear Friend,

Please follow the link below for necessary orders on the subject.

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_2_2006-Estt.(A).pdf

I Dont eagree with tvenkatam because refered O.M.Dated 9th sept 2009 says only that
"the expenses on air travel while availing of the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel by the economy class, irrespective of entitlement,[/B]"
it never say that "the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel up to fare of LTC 80"
so in my view the actul meaning and sprit of O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 is "that the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted up to Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC"

tirupati
11-04-2010, 12:10 AM
I Don't agree with tvenkatam because referred O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 says only that
"the expenses on air travel while availing of the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel by the economy class, irrespective of entitlement,[/b]"
it never say that "the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel up to fare of LTC 80"
so in my view the actual meaning and spirit of O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 is "that the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted up to Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC"

kgkacharya
12-04-2010, 12:45 AM
I Don't agree with tvenkatam because referred O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 says only that
"the expenses on air travel while availing of the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel by the economy class, irrespective of entitlement,[/b]"
so in my view the actual meaning and spirit of O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 is "that the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted up to Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC"
As per Sixth pay commission recommendations, those drawing grade pay of Rs.5400 and above are entitled to travel by Air. As per LTC orders 2.05.2008 and 14.05.2008 Group A and B officers [Gazetted and Non-Gazetted] are entitled to tranvel by Air on LTC to NER. However, as per Govt. order dated 11.03.2010 clarifies that restriction of travel by Air India only need not apply to non entitled officers who travel by air and claim LTC reimbursement by entitled class of Rail. Please see the orders: http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_2_2006-Estt.%28A%291.pdf From this it is very clear that those who are entitled to travel by air, on claiming LTC they have to travel by Air India only.

tirupati
16-04-2010, 10:48 PM
As per Sixth pay commission recommendations, those drawing grade pay of Rs.5400 and above are entitled to travel by Air. As per LTC orders 2.05.2008 and 14.05.2008 Group A and B officers [Gazetted and Non-Gazetted] are entitled to tranvel by Air on LTC to NER. However, as per Govt. order dated 11.03.2010 clarifies that restriction of travel by Air India only need not apply to non entitled officers who travel by air and claim LTC reimbursement by entitled class of Rail. Please see the orders: http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_2_2006-Estt.%28A%291.pdf From this it is very clear that those who are entitled to travel by air, on claiming LTC they have to travel by Air India only.
But sir here is the discussion is that in economy class how much fare will be reamburseble Weather "the cost of travel up to fare of LTC 80" or Weather "any cost of travel in economy class"[/B]

tvenkatam
24-04-2010, 11:18 AM
But sir here is the discussion is that in economy class how much fare will be reamburseble Weather "the cost of travel up to fare of LTC 80" or Weather "any cost of travel in economy class"[/B]

Dear Sir,

Please read para 2 of the order at link below:

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_4_2008-Estt.%28A%29-1.pdf

tvenkatam
24-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Sir,

What about an official who travels on duty?

I had to attend a training programme at Pondicherry during vacation in October 2009. Due to medical emergency of my mother, I travelled from Pune to Chennai by Jet airways to be present in time. I am not entitled to airfare. But I have not been paid even the entitled II AC fare. Please let me know if I can represent against this.

:mad: grparvati

Dear Madam,

You are entitled to AC 2tier fare by train. Please refer to the link below.

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_2_2006-Estt.%28A%291.pdf

ajitmeitei27
24-04-2010, 08:39 PM
can a non-entitled officer travel by private airline to NER LTC from guwahati / kolkata ?

tvenkatam
25-04-2010, 06:02 PM
can a non-entitled officer travel by private airline to NER LTC from guwahati / kolkata ?

Dear Friend,

All air journeys are to be performed only by National Airlines if the airfare is to be claimed. In case of journey by private airlines the claim will be restricted to entitlement by train.

ajitmeitei27
01-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Dear Sir, Thanks for the reply but if the reimbursement is to be restricted by entitled train fare, what about state like Manipur, Arunachal, Mizoram etc where there is no trains ?

kgkacharya
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Dear Sir, Thanks for the reply but if the reimbursement is to be restricted by entitled train fare, what about state like Manipur, Arunachal, Mizoram etc where there is no trains ?

Dear Sir,
Group 'C' & 'D' employees are entitled to travel by Air from Guwahati or Kolkata to NER as per Govt. order dated 02.05.2008. Hence they have to travel by Air India only and not by private airlines. Restriction of travel by 'Air India only' need not apply to non-entitled class officers who travel by Air and claim LTC reimbrusement by entilted class of Rail as per Govt order dated 11.03.2010.

ajitmeitei27
13-05-2010, 05:07 AM
as per order no 14th May,2008 restriction of travel by private airline is permissable in NER LTC.

memo. no. dt 11/3/10 deals with the other region and not meant for NER
please read point no. 3

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/CCS_LTC_Rules.pdf

tvenkatam
13-05-2010, 03:30 PM
as per order no 14th May,2008 restriction of travel by private airline is permissable in NER LTC.

memo. no. dt 11/3/10 deals with the other region and not meant for NER
please read point no. 3

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/CCS_LTC_Rules.pdf

Dear friend,

Please do not rely on old orders. As per new orders dated 27.07.2009 whether LTC (including NER) or official tour (both domestic & International) journey by air is admissible only if performed by National Airlines. Subsequent to this it was clarified that the claim of non-entitled officials when avail the services of private airlines would be limited to the entitlement by rail.

surinderthakur
23-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Dear friend,

Please do not rely on old orders. As per new orders dated 27.07.2009 whether LTC (including NER) or official tour (both domestic & International) journey by air is admissible only if performed by National Airlines. Subsequent to this it was clarified that the claim of non-entitled officials when avail the services of private airlines would be limited to the entitlement by rail.

can any group-C or D category official go to sikkim by air direct from delhi to bagodgra and whether he will be entited for reimbursement of air fare from kolkatta to badgora + train fare from delhi to kolkatta.

Victor
24-08-2010, 09:55 AM
can any group-C or D category official go to sikkim by air direct from delhi to bagodgra and whether he will be entited for reimbursement of air fare from kolkatta to badgora + train fare from delhi to kolkatta.

As per OM dated 2/5/2008 & 14/5/2008 govt. employees can travel by air to Bagdogra for visiting Sikkim. So you can also travel by air up to Bagdogra. However, it is not clear as to how the claim will be restricted since you are a Group C official. Probably the pro-rata method will be used to split the distance betwen Delhi and Bagdogra in the same ratio as Delhi-Kolkata and Kolkata-Bagdogra and calculate the amount admissible.

I suggest you ring up Estt.(A) Section, DOPT (You can get no. from Tel. No. 23092313) and clear your doubts.

Victor

surinderthakur
24-08-2010, 10:30 AM
As per OM dated 2/5/2008 & 14/5/2008 govt. employees can travel by air to Bagdogra for visiting Sikkim. So you can also travel by air up to Bagdogra. However, it is not clear as to how the claim will be restricted since you are a Group C official. Probably the pro-rata method will be used to split the distance betwen Delhi and Bagdogra in the same ratio as Delhi-Kolkata and Kolkata-Bagdogra and calculate the amount admissible.

I suggest you ring up Estt.(A) Section, DOPT (You can get no. from Tel. No. 23092313) and clear your doubts.

Victor

thnaks for your reply.

I will surely contact the sections, as mentioned by you. further, I will request you to kindly eloborage the pro-rata method, as suggested by yourself.