PDA

View Full Version : LTC to NE - Last Date?

R K Rao
19-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Sirs,

I have been told that there is a last date prescribed for onward journey on LTC to the North East and that the next package in the offing is to Andhaman and Nicobar.

Is it true? Also, in order to reject somebody's claim (for LTC to NE after 31.12.2009, if there is such a date), which letter should we refer to.

Regards and Thanks

RKR

tvenkatam
19-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Sirs,

I have been told that there is a last date prescribed for onward journey on LTC to the North East and that the next package in the offing is to Andhaman and Nicobar.

Is it true? Also, in order to reject somebody's claim (for LTC to NE after 31.12.2009, if there is such a date), which letter should we refer to.

Regards and Thanks

RKR

Dear Mr. Rao,

Please follow the link http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/31011_4_2007-Estt.(A).pdf
for details.

R K Rao
19-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Sirs,

Further to my question above. I have just gone to discussions on 'Allowances' section and read the communication on the subject between Mr. Ramnath and Mr. Venkatam in which the cut off date has been mentioned as 1.5.10 for onward journey.

Thanks

(Actually I was searching under the heading LTC and could not find it and hence the above post was made).

Rgds

RKR

Ramnath
20-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Mr.Rao,
I am unable to understand yr query. Why shd anyone want to reject the LTC to northeast. Pl. note this that the last date for proceeding on LTC to northeast is 1.5.2010(Onward journey should commence). And also see the reply to me query below by Admn of gconnect.
http://gconnect.in/gc/news/air-travel-to-north-eastern-states-under-ltc.html

Ramnath said on Saturday, February 20, 2010, 10:07

Can a person with Grade pay below 5400 (who is not eligible to travel by air) who has already availed air travel to Northeast once in block year 2006-09, avail LTC again by air to northeast in block year 2010-11 on LTC. Pl. reply sir

admin Reply:
February 20th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Yes air travel to NER is permitted in the block year 2010-11 provided you did not avail LTC for 2010-11

R K Rao
20-02-2010, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Ramnath;6821]Mr.Rao,
I am unable to understand yr query. Why shd anyone want to reject the LTC to northeast. Pl. note this that the last date for proceeding on LTC to northeast is 1.5.2010(Onward journey should commence). And also see the reply to me query below by Admn of gconnect.
http://gconnect.in/gc/news/air-travel-to-north-eastern-states-under-ltc.html

Ramnath said on Saturday, February 20, 2010, 10:07

Can a person with Grade pay below 5400 (who is not eligible to travel by air) who has already availed air travel to Northeast once in block year 2006-09, avail LTC again by air to northeast in block year 2010-11 on LTC. Pl. reply sir

---------------------

Dear Mr. Ramnath,

Thank you for your reply. When I said rejection of LTC to NE, I meant that the dealing personnel in my office were of the opinion that the last date for commencement of outward journey to NE had expired on 31.12.2009 and that a new package (this time to Andhaman and Nicobar) is in the offing. Hence they wanted to reject the claim for advance for LTC to NE for a person with his family who has planned to proceed in the first week of next month. When they asked me, I thought this forum is the best one to get authenticated advise/guidance. Hence the post. I was not disappointed. I got the clarification I required (thorugh you and also through the discusssion you had with Mr. Venkatam and also the admin reply of GConnect).

Monday I will tell them to process the requisition for advance and also intimate them that he is entitled for LTC.

Thanks once again and Regards