PDA

View Full Version : Authority Can penalised on Trnsfer TA Advance?

nikhildey
12-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Dear Members,
I Transferred to mumbai and join on 15/2/2008 with Transfer TA Advance of RS.20000/-. Due to Residential problem and got Govt. Accomodation on 10/9/2009 I took my family in Mumbai on 12/9/2009 and TA Bill submitted on 23/9/2009. Now my question is :
1. Is the Authority imposed me interest during this period?
2. Is the Authority turn down my TA Bill?
Nikhil Dey,

jitendraacr
12-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Dear friend
Since you have kept the Government money for more than one and half year, you are liable to pay for penal interest for the entire period. Normally the advance should have been utilised with in six month that too after production of copies of tickets with in 15 days of its sanction. As regards, passing of TA Bill, it will be passed since there is no time limit for shifting of family at your new place of posting subject to fulfilment of other conditions.
Jitendra

badri mannargudi
17-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Dear friend
Since you have kept the Government money for more than one and half year, you are liable to pay for penal interest for the entire period. Normally the advance should have been utilised with in six month that too after production of copies of tickets with in 15 days of its sanction. As regards, passing of TA Bill, it will be passed since there is no time limit for shifting of family at your new place of posting subject to fulfilment of other conditions.
Jitendra

Under the provisions of General Financial Rules, the HOD has the discretionary power to waive interest on (T.A)Advances. But this power is used only in deserving cases. But still, it is worth trying to get the waiver.

With regards,
Badri

RKPATHAK
19-07-2010, 12:56 PM
If sanctioning authority is convinced tha tdelay in submission of settlement bill of transfer ta advance penal interest can be waived off(.) however be ready to pay the penal interest

prasannakumar
19-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Dear friend,

It all depends on how you justify your cause. If the authorities are convinced, they can waive of the interest. However, as Mr. pathak posted, be ready to pay the penal interest.

Regards

Prasanna Kumar

nikhildey
20-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Dear friends,
Thanks all of you. HOD has waived penal Interest.
Once again thanks your valuable coments.
nikhildey.