PDA

View Full Version : Family Pension

ybhaskar23
20-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Family Pension formula is always 30%of last pay drawn, this is also applicable to post 1-1-2006 retires also. this aspect is also mentioned in the relevant OM for post 2006 retires.

For pre 1-1-2006 retires the condition the family pension arrived at from the fitment tables shall not be less than 30% 0f revised 6cpc minimum of new relevant PB scale plus grade pay has not been specified.

Because of this the family pension of pre 1-1-2006 retires will be less than the family pension of post 1-1-2006 retires.

I do not know if the clause of minimun 30% family pension on the minimum of the new PB scale and relevant grade pay has been deliberately ommited

Somebody may please clarify this issue

sudacgwb
03-10-2008, 02:41 PM
The Minimum Family Pension in all cases is the minimum pension, i.e. Rs.3500/=. It is also true the pre 1.1.2006 family pensioners can be less than the post pensioners unless they are less than the minimum pension given above. The component of grade pay is not there for pre pensnioners

vnatarajan
07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Mr Bhasker has rightly pointed out the omission of family pension fixation in the DOP's earlier OM fo 1st Sept 2008.

Now the omission has been clarified at in a corrigendum OM of 3rd Oct 2008- but it has created new pitfalls for both pre-2006 pensioners as well as that category of family pensioners (ie. potential family Pensioners!) particularly at higher levels of scales- S-29, 30.

Points relevant to these are discussed in my notings under another topic pertaining to the Pensioners in the Discussion Board viz Minimum Pay in the Pay Band....etc started by Mr Sundaram.

vnatarajan.

vnatarajan
24-10-2008, 03:16 AM
hi All

In many PPOs there appears to be no specific column for entering the DOB/age of the spouse (in my PPO it is so)-but certainly there is a column for entering the age of the children if minors!

With the enhanced pension and also family pension provisions after 80yrs and later also, it is now necessary to check for the entry of DOB at approprite place(s).

Therefore all pensioners (whose PPOs do not have the entry of the DOB of the spouse/ succeeding family pensioner ) are reminded to look into this aspect to avoid any future problems to the potential family pensioner!.

Best way is to be alert to get this aspect set right as the new PPOs are to be issued consequent to the 6CPC pension implementations.

Guidance if any can be sought from experts thru this column and make aware others also

vnatarajan.

sudacgwb
25-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Mr.Nararajan,

After the demise of the pensioner, the application for family pension has the specific column regarding the date of birth. So this data will be available while granting the family pension.

GOI may react positively to this aspect and insert a column of date of birth of spouse / children in the PPO itself as it play a role in fixing the 'additional pension' payable

ss

vnatarajan
27-10-2008, 10:26 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi All

HAPPIEST DIWALI GREETINGS TO EVERYBODY! ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF THIS LIGHT-FULL AND DELIGHTFUL DAY WITH ALL!

SPECIAL WISHES TO GCONNECT AND ITS ESTABLISHMENT

vnatarajan & Co-pensioners/ families from Chennai

vnatarajan
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Problems that some Family Pensioners may face, as I apprehended earlier......

Hi! all interested may pl see this letter written by a Sr Pensioner Member of the RREWA to the latter, with copy endorsed to me:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friend,

Presently I am at Kota. You might have received SMS sent yesterday in connection with proof for age to be submitted to Bank by Family Pensioner.

Earlier I resided at Kota for about 30 years and a lot of pensioners/Family Pensioners, not only from Railway but from other departments also are known to me. Some Family Pensioners have a peculiar problem for submitting age proof to Bank to get additional benefit of pension i.e. above 80 – 85 years of age. These Family Pensioners do not have any documents in proof of their age/date of birth. As Date of Birth of Family Pensioners is not mentioned in the P.P.O. of the pensioner, they are required to submit any other document as proof of age e.g. Voter I.D. Card/PAN Card/Pass Port etc. Most of the Family Pensioners who are above 80 years do not have any of these documents. Therefore some other alternative method is required. I am suggesting following –

You might be aware that in old days when any employee in Group D (Class – IV) was appointed without any age proof, he was being directed to Railway Doctor to ascertain his age. Based on his certificate, his date of birth was being fixed as 1st July of the year worked out on the basis of his age given by the Railway Doctor. This method was being followed mostly in respect of Gang man / any other Class IV staff appointed in Engineering department. Since you are also from Engineering department it may be possible for you to lay and on this particular rule. I am also trying to ascertain the rule/ policy from some of my old friends in Engg. Department.

Based on the above I suggest that the Family Pensioner who are not having any document in proof of their age/ date of birth should submit an affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp paper (amount of Stamp Paper to be specified while framing the policy), and his date of birth should be fixed as 1st July of the year worked out on the basis of the year as per age mentioned in the affidavit.

Since this policy would be necessary not only for Railway Pensioners but for family Pensioners of other departments/ Ministry also, it is suggested that you may either issue a letter to Ministry of Pension on discuss with Director Pay Commission and Director Pension for issuing necessary policy decision in the matter.

In case you write a letter to Pension Ministry/ Railway Board, you may kindly E – Mail a copy of the same to me.

With best regards,

Yours truly

S.L.Bedekar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vnatarajan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

harryrakhraj
11-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Hello brother Pensioners,
Having gone through all comments on Family Pension, I am more confused than earlier.

My query is simple:
I draw basic pension of Rs.23050/ (corresponding to S-26 in PB-4), and am a pre-2006 pensioner.
Will my Family be entitled to basic Family Pension of Rs.13820/ ( @30 %) or not?

Will some kind soul please clarify the matter for me.

subba Rao R S
11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Hello brother Pensioners,
Having gone through all comments on Family Pension, I am more confused than earlier.

My query is simple:
I draw basic pension of Rs.23050/ (corresponding to S-26 in PB-4), and am a pre-2006 pensioner.
Will my Family be entitled to basic Family Pension of Rs.13820/ ( @30 %) or not?

Will some kind soul please clarify the matter for me.

You estimate is right. Family gets Rs 13890/- as family pension. You may please refer Govt letter dated 14th October 2008, annexure I for more clarity. This order copy can be down loaded from www.india.gov.nic.in 6cpc recommendations.

Subba rao R S