PDA

View Full Version : Eligibility for Air travel on LTC to NER

pranju11
29-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I am a Group B Central Government employee. I have not availed ALL India LTC for the block 2006-2009. My Headquarters and Hometown being same I am not entitled for Home Town LTC. I would like to Know whether I can travel by air to visit NER as per cicrular dated 2nd May, 2008.

Is the travel by air to NEH region restricted only by conversion of one Home town LTC and if so people like me whose Headquarters and Hometown are same cannot avail this relaxation for travel by air to visit NER?

I will be highly obliged if anyone can clarify this matter.

coolgoose2
29-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi

you can use the All India LTC of the bloc years 2006-2009 for going to NER. There was a two year period mentioned in the NER LTC circular. Follow that.. You can also go to NER in 2010 for the bloc years 2006-2009 ( extension time of one year is available).

Go and have a nice holiday with your family..

regards
:):):)

ps: After Nov 2008, only actual travel amount is reimbursable. So be very careful while booking tickets with agents. You will get reimbursement as per LTC-80 rates prescribed by Air India.

pranju11
29-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Sir,
My office is saying that since my hometown and Headquarters are same I am not admissible to travel by air to NER. They are quoting Swamys Handbook- 2010 under LTC - Entitelements.
Kindly clarify.

aneesh
29-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Sir,
My office is saying that since my hometown and Headquarters are same I am not admissible to travel by air to NER. They are quoting Swamys Handbook- 2010 under LTC - Entitelements.
Kindly clarify.

Dear friend

I am also in same boat like you. The contention of your office is correct. You are not eligible for airfare

tvenkatam
02-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Sir,
Kindly clarify.

Dear friends,

‘A Government employee can avail LTC to visit NER by conversion of one block of home town LTC, if the same is available. However, the Government employees whose headquarters and home town being the same are not entitled to home town LTC and the question of conversion of home town LTC into LTC for NER in such cases does not arise’.

The above clarification issued vide O.M of DoPT No. 31011/4/2007-Estt.(A) dated 14th May 2008 was in the context of the following question:

“ Whether a Government employee who has already availed All India LTC is entitled for LTC to visit NER in terms of O.M. dated 02.05.2008?

This clarification can not be construed to mean that the Government employees whose headquarters and home town being the same are not entitled to LTC for NER.

The correct position is that the Government employees whose headquarters and home town being the same are entitled to LTC for NER in lieu of an All India LTC of 4 year block.

jitendraacr
02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Dear friends
If we are discussing here LTC to NER as per circular issued in May 2008, Official whoose Home Town and place of duty is same, can not avail the special concession for NER. There is however no compulsion if he opt to go on LTC in lieu of four year block as per his entitlement but not on special concession facility.
Jitendra

badri mannargudi
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Dear friends,

‘A Government employee can avail LTC to visit NER by conversion of one block of home town LTC, if the same is available. However, the Government employees whose headquarters and home town being the same are not entitled to home town LTC and the question of conversion of home town LTC into LTC for NER in such cases does not arise’.

The above clarification issued vide O.M of DoPT No. 31011/4/2007-Estt.(A) dated 14th May 2008 was in the context of the following question:

“ Whether a Government employee who has already availed All India LTC is entitled for LTC to visit NER in terms of O.M. dated 02.05.2008?

This clarification can not be construed to mean that the Government employees whose headquarters and home town being the same are not entitled to LTC for NER.

The correct position is that the Government employees whose headquarters and home town being the same are entitled to LTC for NER in lieu of an All India LTC of 4 year block.

As rightly opined by my learned friend, JJee, there is no question of disentitlement of All India LTC to visit NER. this is for the simple reason that the NER is very much part of India.
Where I differ from our friend, Tvjee, is that there must be a literary meaning of the term "in lieu of". The phrase simply means " in the place of" or "vice". The exceptional facility of travel by Air by a G.S who is otherwise dis-entitled to travel by Air is envisaged only "in lieu of Home Town.

From this, it naturally follows that when a person is not entitle to Home Town LTC(for what ever reason), then the said exceptional entitlement of travel by Air may not be available for such person, even in the name of Any where in India.

Having said that, our PAO says that there exists some circular which allows such entitlements by Air to NER on LTC Any where in India. In the absence of details of Decision/Circular, I am not in a position to concur with the views of the learned PAO.

With regards,
Badri.