PDA

View Full Version : TA on tour

prasannakumar
21-01-2010, 03:21 PM
As per the new orders, a government servant has an option of claiming TA on regular tour either in the new scheme (with food bills) or the old rates (70% DA for tour exceeding 6 hours and 100% for tours exceeding 12 hours+fares and Re. 0.60 per km for walk) whichever is convenient to the employee. Now the journey performed on foot (Walk) has been enhaced to Rs. 5/-. My doubt is - Whether an emplyoee claiming DA on tour at old rates is eligible claim benefits of Rs. 5-/ per km for walk. I would be much obliged if any of the member clarify this point
Prasanna Kumar

tvenkatam
21-01-2010, 07:58 PM
As per the new orders, a government servant has an option of claiming TA on regular tour either in the new scheme (with food bills) or the old rates (70% DA for tour exceeding 6 hours and 100% for tours exceeding 12 hours+fares and Re. 0.60 per km for walk) whichever is convenient to the employee. Now the journey performed on foot (Walk) has been enhaced to Rs. 5/-. My doubt is - Whether an emplyoee claiming DA on tour at old rates is eligible claim benefits of Rs. 5-/ per km for walk. I would be much obliged if any of the member clarify this point
Prasanna Kumar

Dear friend,

First of all I request you to kindly remember (in future) to open threads and post your messages under appropriate headings/forum of the Discussion Board.

It is true that the Department of Expenditure vide O.M dated 22.01.2009 provided for claim of daily allowance on tour either by orders dated 23.09.2008 or dated 17.04.1998. It is also clearly stated in the order that the option to claim will be available as a complete package for a particular tour and not by taking part of either orders.

prasannakumar
22-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Dear venkatamji,
Your answer clarifies the doubut. Thank you
Prasanna Kumar